EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

Started by papasmurf, January 04, 2021, 08:49:38 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 09:01:23 PM
It's a signature mate.
A vet signs his name on the form.

In this instance and other customs clearance  it is not a signature as you perceive it, there are security measures to back it up, or any idiot could do the verification.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 07:09:04 PM
Exactly Gerry.
You print the label and then then pay a vet to sign it.

Did you really really need me to explain that to you?
I'm sorry the IRA haven't bombed anyone and that trade has gone on and that free trade is still taking place and that the economy hasn't crashed and the NHS still has staff and that there is no mass unemployment and that there is no queue at the docks and that all the immense doom you have been predicting will never come to pass.

It must be a very large disappointment to you.
Oh well.

I guess you can always clutch at straws.

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:57:02 PM
Baff you really should not comment on matters you know absolutely nothing about. A verified signature is not what you seem to think it is.
It's a signature mate.
A vet signs his name on the form.

The idea that you know anything about this is laughable.
You have exported any food to the EU in the last 9 days?

I have. You haven't.

All the crap you talk, is verified crap.

I don't know where your expertise in life is, or where your education has been focused.
It certainly isn't on display here.
You haven't done your homework. You didn't research your subject matter before posting.
You didn't source it well and you don't have any inside information or related experiences to enhance it.

So, go ahead and feel superior, but I am unable to take anything you say on the subject of Brexit seriously. If I just dismiss every word you say as the exact opposite of the truth, it will save me a lot of time. You have a track record. And frankly it's a broken record. I recommend changing it.

Ask yourself, why do you come out with these stories?
We both know the answer and that is why you get dismissed out of hand with every post you make.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 07:54:18 PM
ROFLLMAO.
Try and understand what words mean instead of just knee jerk argument.

How exactly do you think a vet "certifies" something?
He places his signature on it.
/facepalm.

Baff you really should not comment on matters you know absolutely nothing about. A verified signature is not what you seem to think it is.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:49:28 PM
Care to reference the guidance please, because it isn't a signature. It is certification,
ROFLLMAO.
Try and understand what words mean instead of just knee jerk argument.

How exactly do you think a vet "certifies" something?
He places his signature on it.
/facepalm.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 07:45:04 PM
Says you.
The government guidance however, disagrees.

It gets signed either by a vet or a government environmental officer.

Care to reference the guidance please, because it isn't a signature. It is certification,

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:28:10 PM
You really do not have a clue. A vet does not sign it.
Says you.
The government guidance however, disagrees.

It gets signed either by a vet or a government environmental officer.

That's why your provided link to the commons library was from a vetinary lobby group.
The union of vetinarians, with 18,000 members or what have you.
Because they are the ones who are going to be doing this.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 07:09:04 PM
Exactly Gerry.

You really do not have a clue. A vet does not sign it.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on January 09, 2021, 03:29:56 PM
What about vet inspections and customs declaration form for food products, you managed to do all that on a label.

Exactly Gerry.

Did you really really need me to explain that to you?
I'm sorry the IRA haven't bombed anyone and that trade has gone on and that free trade is still taking place and that the economy hasn't crashed and the NHS still has staff and that there is no mass unemployment and that there is no queue at the docks and that all the immense doom you have been predicting will never come to pass.

It must be a very large disappointment to you.
Oh well.

I guess you can always clutch at straws.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 02:09:56 PMA tax dodger doesn't want to pay tax.
Who does?
What are you talking about ??? how is he a tax dodger, he lives in the EU, pays his tax in the EU.
What he doesn't want to do is collect UK VAT on behalf of the UK & manage that process, it adds a lot of cost and time on top of all the customs paperwork required, such that it's not worth his time.
Brexit Britain ramping up the bureaucracy, red tape and making it near impossible to do business with the UK. And you give out about the EU, its really laughable.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2021, 02:13:50 PM
I had the same problem at work, the programmers hadn't considered Northern Ireland.
Entirely forgot that Ireland exists.

We actually had to fill out a label manually prior to despatch.
It took them entire minutes to fix.
What about vet inspections and customs declaration form for food products, you managed to do all that on a label.

On top of that NI has a 3 month ease in agreement as it sits in the EU single market and the UK at the same time, but even there they are experiencing issues and expect the sh1t to hit the fan
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/fuller-enforcement-of-post-brexit-rules-on-ni-imports-set-to-begin-1.4452597

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on January 07, 2021, 03:28:30 PM
The problem seems to be food exports from the UK, M&S need to have all the paperwork/customs declarations and in cases vet inspections, it seems their not prepared. A friend said in a local M&S store to him there was a notice apologising for the bare shelves and saying it was "...due to unforseen circumstances"   :D :D :D

I had the same problem at work, the programmers hadn't considered Northern Ireland.
Entirely forgot that Ireland exists.

We actually had to fill out a label manually prior to despatch.
It took them entire minutes to fix.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 12:03:57 AM
Well he's a English man that has a passion for bikes and want's to sell into his home country. But the Brexit change and this new UK VAT system is making that near impossible, I'm sure if it were just a form and a simple process he would do it. Maybe the UK will change the VAT system so that small value purchases will not incur a UK VAT charge which might keep businesses such as his trading with the UK. Picture the amount of work needed for every sale of say £30 or £40, this rushed change to the UK VAT system seems ill thought out and well rushed.
A tax dodger doesn't want to pay tax.
Who does?

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on January 07, 2021, 03:28:30 PM

Is that anything to do with Brexit, surely the road worthiness of a vehicle was as much a requirement 10 days ago as it was today ?
Whats the mini visa

Some trucks being death traps predates the joining of the EU and will continue post Brexit.