Claiming State Pension.

Started by papasmurf, January 05, 2021, 12:46:30 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 03:03:33 PM
Funny you should say that. My state pension has increased by about £80 a month so I can only assume that you must be paying it.

Thanks Barry  :)
No probs, you're welcome.
SRB is paying mine.  ;D ;D
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 05, 2021, 02:50:35 PM
I've just gone through the process and my tax code has changed so That puts up my tax bill by about £140 a month. Oh, well, HMRC giveth and HMRC taketh away!

Funny you should say that. My state pension has increased by about £80 a month so I can only assume that you must be paying it.

Thanks Barry  :)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2021, 12:46:30 PM
Just in case anyone doesn't know you don't get your UK state pension automatically you have to claim it.
I'll bear it in mind for September 2023
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I've just gone through the process and my tax code has changed so That puts up my tax bill by about £140 a month. Oh, well, HMRC giveth and HMRC taketh away!
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2021, 02:12:32 PM
Well that was no fun at all, took less than five minutes online using the reference number.

I know. I had the same problem. I rang up full of fight and found nothing but jolly ladies eager to help.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Well that was no fun at all, took less than five minutes online using the reference number.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Just in case anyone doesn't know you don't get your UK state pension automatically you have to claim it.
My wife's State Pension is due at the end of April so I looked at the process early on Monday.  It turned out to be far too much hassle by phone, so I looked at the online verified access route.
It needed information I did not have to hand, I just got as far as my wife's full name and date of birth and decided to try later in the week.

Today a letter arrived in the post about claiming her State Pension with a reference number use when she gets through the verification process online.
The ghost in the machine.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe