SKY NewsBoris Johnson leaves viewers with more COVID questions than answers

Started by GBNews, January 05, 2021, 01:01:17 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 06, 2021, 01:19:33 PM

Not ENTIRELY true, they make time to show the T@@@ poncing round his podium.

I know very little about how much real power Drakeford, has all I know is that if he was running the United Kingdom,  his neck would be on the block every bit as much as Boris, if his performance was on a par.
The journalists are looking for some sign of competence , not trying to create another populist idle.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 01:16:53 PM
It's Wales, the UK mainstream media does not care.

Not ENTIRELY true, they make time to show the T@@@ poncing round his podium.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 06, 2021, 01:13:00 PM

Its strange that everyone is making a meal out of Boris doing this, but the same press fail miserably to crucify Dickhead Drakeford when he does the exact same. But then Drakeford is Hard Left Labour and a chum of Corbyn ....

It's Wales, the UK mainstream media does not care.

Edited to add, this Welsh story has gone mainstream:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55544659

'Pot Noodle mums' tweet lands Conservative chairman in hot water
Published23 hours ago

A Tory chairman has resigned after calling A&E patients "fat mums in pot noodle-stained leggings/pjs" on social media.

Clwyd South Conservative Association chairman Gareth Baines posted on New Year's Eve that parents were "taking their kids for a day out at A&E".

He continued they wanted to "harvest Facebook likes because their darling little snot-covered Asbo fell over".

He admitted his tweets could have caused "offence".

Cllr Baines, who is also an independent Chirk town councillor, used his personal Twitter account, in which he describes himself as the director of a German/Swiss company.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2021, 08:50:10 PM

Possibly ,Nick, but that's the business he is in. It's something every politician has to get on top of, they all get it. Giving certain answers to a journalist in the morning regarding matters of extreme national importance, and then doing a complete about turn within hours. Is really not the journalists fault. It merely reflects on the fact that he never had a  complete grasp of what he was confronted by. In view of the fact that these were essentially matters he had been advised to act on well before doing so in the way he did in the end. It becomes chaotic , not good.

Its strange that everyone is making a meal out of Boris doing this, but the same press fail miserably to crucify Dickhead Drakeford when he does the exact same. But then Drakeford is Hard Left Labour and a chum of Corbyn ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 05, 2021, 10:13:47 PM
Hindsight is such a great blessing!

It certainly is Toots, but this is not a pure case of hindsight,  it's a case of being constantly late to  the right decision.
How this infection will act is not that much of a mystery., it's doing pretty much what any contagious disease passed by human contact does. In this case virus. And most other countries have acted on that near certainty much sooner in its progress through their societies.  To note this is not hindsight, it's observing a lack of foresight .

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2021, 10:10:56 PM

The problem is he and I believe his government , are obsessed with being popular. This is a situation where he can only afford to  be  obsessed with getting his calculations right in defeating an enemy called COVID,. If that proves unpopular with any section of society, he should accept that . As he is in danger of pleasing no body for long.
What he can not do ,and expect to be applauded for,  is to keep making decisions  at the very last minute , as if by doing so he had been prolonging a good situation, when the truth is he has created a worse situation through not getting in front of situations ,but following them and only acting when it may even be to late.

Hindsight is such a great blessing!

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 05, 2021, 09:11:55 PM
In normal circumstances I would agree but do you not realise just how fast the situation is changing? BJ is a libertarian, the last thing he wants is to use a heavy hand. The problem is that he is PM over a fairly undisciplined rights obsessed culture with a couple of generations who really have no idea of social responsibility or the repercussions. Perhaps you and I would have been tougher earlier I know there are others here who certainly would, but I doubt if anyone in his position can win this one in the popularity vote.

The problem is he and I believe his government , are obsessed with being popular. This is a situation where he can only afford to  be  obsessed with getting his calculations right in defeating an enemy called COVID,. If that proves unpopular with any section of society, he should accept that . As he is in danger of pleasing no body for long.
What he can not do ,and expect to be applauded for,  is to keep making decisions  at the very last minute , as if by doing so he had been prolonging a good situation, when the truth is he has created a worse situation through not getting in front of situations ,but following them and only acting when it may even be to late.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2021, 08:50:10 PM

Possibly ,Nick, but that's the business he is in. It's something every politician has to get on top of, they all get it. Giving certain answers to a journalist in the morning regarding matters of extreme national importance, and then doing a complete about turn within hours. Is really not the journalists fault. It merely reflects on the fact that he never had a  complete grasp of what he was confronted by. In view of the fact that these were essentially matters he had been advised to act on well before doing so in the way he did in the end. It becomes chaotic , not good.

In normal circumstances I would agree but do you not realise just how fast the situation is changing? BJ is a libertarian, the last thing he wants is to use a heavy hand. The problem is that he is PM over a fairly undisciplined rights obsessed culture with a couple of generations who really have no idea of social responsibility or the repercussions. Perhaps you and I would have been tougher earlier I know there are others here who certainly would, but I doubt if anyone in his position can win this one in the popularity vote.

Good old

Nick

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2021, 07:03:09 PM

It's never ceased to amaze me how this world class waffler has enchanted the ENGLISH, public. Let's face it ,being poorly briefed is an every day occurrence with him. The recent morning  TV appearance a prime example.
I can only suppose that standards expected for a British PM have slipped toward the drain. A future election however may not include this bloke, and whether it does or not , it will really depend on how well the Tory party are doing.  But most of all even if they are doing  badly it will be  whether a majority are ingrained by the philosophy enough to happily go down the drain with them.

Nothing to do with the low life media who's aim isn't to bring the news, it's to trip up politicians with underhanded tactics.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

It's never ceased to amaze me how this world class waffler has enchanted the ENGLISH, public. Let's face it ,being poorly briefed is an every day occurrence with him. The recent morning  TV appearance a prime example.
I can only suppose that standards expected for a British PM have slipped toward the drain. A future election however may not include this bloke, and whether it does or not , it will really depend on how well the Tory party are doing.  But most of all even if they are doing  badly it will be  whether a majority are ingrained by the philosophy enough to happily go down the drain with them.

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 05, 2021, 06:32:39 PM
∆∆∆
The electorate — because, who else are they going to vote for...?

Looked at opinion polls recently?

patman post

∆∆∆
The electorate — because, who else are they going to vote for...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf