Irish public turns on its government

Started by Borchester, January 05, 2021, 06:23:55 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 05, 2021, 08:16:48 PM
When I saw this on the main page all you could see was
Irish public turns o.....
I was hoping it would continue to say ....on Gerry for annoying the neighbours.

Sadly not but you can live in hope. 8)

I was hoping that Gerry might read the article to check. After all, the poor little sod has to read an Irish newspaper at least once in his life  :)
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 08:10:40 PMSo you have even started censoring your own reading Duckie?

So show us where the article mentions Brussels or the EU. Go on - show us !!

Stop Press - looks like Trump won't be coming to Scotland after all because he's been banned!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

When I saw this on the main page all you could see was
Irish public turns o.....
I was hoping it would continue to say ....on Gerry for annoying the neighbours.

Sadly not but you can live in hope. 8)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on January 05, 2021, 07:41:44 PM
I read the article three times and while it says the Irish coalition fears it will be blamed by the people for the sudden rise in covid-19, nowhere can I see any reference to Brussels or the EU or that people think the "government is more concerned about obeying its masters in Brussels than the lives of its own people." In truth Ireland is going through the same as what we're going through here and the governments of both countries are going to get some of the blame for the tragedy that's unfolding, whatever they do or don't do.

You'll have to try a bit harder if you still want that job as Donald Trump's assistant news faker when he moves to Scotland later in the month. ::)

So you have even started censoring your own reading Duckie?

Sad stuff.
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 06:23:55 PMWith the plague sweeping Ireland and more than 5,000 new cases a day. the Irish are asking why government is more concerned about obeying its masters in Brussels  than the lives of its own people.

I read the article three times and while it says the Irish coalition fears it will be blamed by the people for the sudden rise in covid-19, nowhere can I see any reference to Brussels or the EU or that people think the "government is more concerned about obeying its masters in Brussels than the lives of its own people." In truth Ireland is going through the same as what we're going through here and the governments of both countries are going to get some of the blame for the tragedy that's unfolding, whatever they do or don't do.

You'll have to try a bit harder if you still want that job as Donald Trump's assistant news faker when he moves to Scotland later in the month. ::)
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 06:23:55 PM
  https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-government-fears-public-believes-it-has-lost-control-1.4449324

With the plague sweeping Ireland and more than 5,000 new cases a day. the Irish are asking why government is more concerned about obeying its masters in Brussels  than the lives of its own people.

Ah the sniffles has been upgraded to  the plague then borky  ?   ;)  ...Still Ireland is no different to any other ,its not called a pandemic  for the  fun of it .

look at any countries news feed around the world and its been pretty much the same story , some before us and some yet to be .

Borchester

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-government-fears-public-believes-it-has-lost-control-1.4449324

With the plague sweeping Ireland and more than 5,000 new cases a day. the Irish are asking why government is more concerned about obeying its masters in Brussels  than the lives of its own people.
Algerie Francais !