Something strange is happening

Started by patman post, January 05, 2021, 07:02:17 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 06, 2021, 10:37:39 AM
This shows the problem:
Clearly the peak of my posts is not at 3am more likely 10am. So it is 7 hours out. It is a third world problem mind you.  ;D

Oh well done! I tried to do that and couldn't find the way.   Union Flag

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on January 05, 2021, 09:05:23 PM
Forgive the digression but while we are on the subject of stats my timeline shows that most of my posts are offered through the night starting about 1am. Are we on USA time, or do I have a very active clone? :D
This shows the problem:
Clearly the peak of my posts is not at 3am more likely 10am. So it is 7 hours out. It is a third world problem mind you.  ;D

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on January 05, 2021, 10:51:11 PM

If I click on Profile, on the left under my Avatar there is a tab for 'show stats'
That then reveals General Stats one of which is a  graph headed 'Posting Activity by time'. It shows my activity as during the night time hours. It doesn't matter but I believe that you enjoy the odd mystery - ooooh perhaps I sleep walk!   ;D

Yeah, I had a look but the time under the graph is correct. I will take a look.
And as promised, some of your old friends are back  Dancing
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on January 05, 2021, 10:18:10 PM
When you say timeline, what are you looking at. Bear in mind I may not be able to see what you can see.

I just posted this at 22:18 so the time is right as far as I can see

EDIT

I've looked at your stats and the forum time is set correctly, I'll take a look but I'd need to know what error you think there is.

If I click on Profile, on the left under my Avatar there is a tab for 'show stats'
That then reveals General Stats one of which is a  graph headed 'Posting Activity by time'. It shows my activity as during the night time hours. It doesn't matter but I believe that you enjoy the odd mystery - ooooh perhaps I sleep walk!   ;D

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 05, 2021, 08:32:20 PM
In profile/summary/posts I clicked on posts thanked by user (or something like that) I'd not played with this button before, and was surprised to see I'd thanked a dozen or more posts.
Clicking on the first one I saw there was a button on the post allowing me to withdraw thanks. I did this to all of them. But why were they showing I'd thanked them in the first place...?

I can only suggest you inadvertently clicked the thanks button.

Nick

Forgive the digression but while we are on the subject of stats my timeline shows that most of my posts are offered through the night starting about 1am. Are we on USA time, or do I have a very active clone? :D

When you say timeline, what are you looking at. Bear in mind I may not be able to see what you can see.

I just posted this at 22:18 so the time is right as far as I can see

EDIT

I've looked at your stats and the forum time is set correctly, I'll take a look but I'd need to know what error you think there is.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 05, 2021, 09:22:00 PM
We seem to be on a USA server time zone. Nick could probably alter that.

No, we are set to GMT.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 05, 2021, 09:22:00 PM

Mmm I did check I had the right time on my profile settings so perhaps you are right.

patman post

Maybe posts get processed through a central washing machine every so often and this disturbs the posting parameters. Would go some way to giving a reason as to why I've occasionally thought posts were not quite as a remembered them — or that could simply be Wray & Nephew...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

patman post

In profile/summary/posts I clicked on posts thanked by user (or something like that) I'd not played with this button before, and was surprised to see I'd thanked a dozen or more posts.
Clicking on the first one I saw there was a button on the post allowing me to withdraw thanks. I did this to all of them. But why were they showing I'd thanked them in the first place...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 05, 2021, 07:02:17 PM
Just investigating the different tabs available in my profile and found on one, to my surprise, that I'd been thanking a large number of posters.
This is strange, because I've always considered these Thumbs-up and Thumbs-down clicks on posts to be pointless exercises, mostly practiced to excess among various forum cliques and gangs.
That's why I never indulge — in fact I've just spent that last few minutes cancelling them — but how did they get there in the first place...?

How and what are you cancelling Pat?

patman post

Just investigating the different tabs available in my profile and found on one, to my surprise, that I'd been thanking a large number of posters.
This is strange, because I've always considered these Thumbs-up and Thumbs-down clicks on posts to be pointless exercises, mostly practiced to excess among various forum cliques and gangs.
That's why I never indulge — in fact I've just spent that last few minutes cancelling them — but how did they get there in the first place...?