What would you do if you won the National lottery?

Started by Borchester, January 05, 2021, 08:57:28 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 10:10:38 PM
Actually I had one. Everybody complained about being censored but demanded that I censor everyone else  :)
Funny that. I gave up running two (one technical one political) for much the same reason
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 05, 2021, 10:02:12 PM

Buy Smurfy an island so he can bar all visitors ;D

I was just about to post something very similar to that. But I only wish to ban disgusting behaved tourists.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Thanks for the offer Cromwell but like you I'm on the back 9 though you are a couple of holes in front  ;D. The fore  ever 19th can wait a little longer .

Id just see everyone in the family alright . Help out some community projects  and enjoy myself

johnofgwent

Well, last time my daughter did, it bought most of her weekly shop at Lidl
A few years ago I found an estate agent (they call themselves realtors there though) who would sell me a carribbean island the size of Branson's place for about ten million. For between five and ten million more I could have had a whole load of staff, a dive boat the size of the Calypso and crew to run it, a helicopter or plane (depending on the size of the island and its front lawn) either of my own, or more efficiently an air taxi firm at the end of the phone who would be at my beck and call inside half an hour day and night 365 days a year, for forty years.

I suspect the same is the case today but let us add fifty per cent to that to allow for inflation
So that's thirty million gone.

I suppose with a Euromillions win, after buying the above and spending what i can over and above that on fast cars hard liquor and loose women i will have to find a way to waste the rest
The one thing i bloody well would not do is hand it to the kids, they will have to wait for me to die. Which means I'd better add a hired gun or six to the staff to deal with the incoming assassins.

And anyone begging for money off me is going to be told exactly how to do something biological to themselves
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Dunno,I will let you know if I ever win it, but then don't you need to do the lottery for the ups and downs of the draw?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 05, 2021, 10:02:12 PM

And you Borky your own forum where no miserable mod censors anything :P

Actually I had one. Everybody complained about being censored but demanded that I censor everyone else  :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Well a very recent euro millions was for an obscene amount,something like £180 million,now with that I might look out for some forum members

Buy Smurfy an island so he can bar all visitors ;D
Thomas a road sign business so he can have as many diversions in his arsenal without having to post about them constantly  :P
Buy Quackers dual nationality so he can have his beloved eu citizenship  :-[
T00ts and Baz a holiday place in the holy land where they can carry on arguing the finer points like they do.
Byt enough cash so she needn't work again
Nick a new trawler ;D
DD a bookies so he can pocket others cash instead of wasting it on donkeys :P
Jog  a shooting range replete with dummy's in the form of all those who pee him off so he can have some (legal) fun.
SW his own golf course,no scrap that,just his own 19th hole  ;D
Sheeps an enigma machine and tour of Bletchley park :D
And you Borky your own forum where no miserable mod censors anything :P
Sampan his own sampan to sail the world
Nalaar enough cash for a wedding of his choice

If I've missed anyone ,like Arnie....I'll be back :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

There was a guy who kept asking God to let him win the lottery. Week after week he pleaded with God to let him win the big prize.
One night just after the draw, he gave God a right ear-bending as he felt he was being ignored.
A deep voice came from the ether - "Meet me half way and buy a ticket, then I'll see what I can do".

And for the same reasons as T00tsie I would be highly surprised.
However, I do have a few premium bonds and if they came up with a big prize, I don't know what I'd do with the dosh.
I'd have a word with the Mrs. she'd soon let me know how to spend it.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I would faint - I do not bet in any way, so it would be a colossal mismanagement problem. If I was forced to keep it then it would all go to charitable causes although not necessarily organisations.

cromwell

Well there's a few people I'd  like to help out and some organisations and individuals who treat people badly and get away with it,because they can.......Id quite like to say I've got a stack of cash here and am prepared to spend it at law so do the right thing or I'll see you in court......sadly justice is only for those with deep pockets.

TBH am on the final lap so would like to spend/give it away before I expire.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

So we made the usual decisions to pay the kids debts and drop them a few bob, but they are both well settle in their jobs they like and frankly, as tight as ducks' bums, so, apart from their mortgages which aren't much anyway, unlikely to need much or spend on riotous living.

And we are ok with a fairly low level of depravity. So I imagine that we would travel a bit, but not much because we have been to most places we want to see. And to our way of thinking there isn't a lot of odds between  a five star hotel and a Premier Inn. So most of the money would end up silting up the vaults of the NatWest.

Anyway, we lost so will be able to put the problem aside until next week's draw.

Bit of a relief actually  :)
Algerie Francais !