Intentions 10 Execution 2

Started by T00ts, January 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 06, 2021, 12:35:02 PM

And what of those like me (and millions of others) who need no vaccine (for a good few months).

Evidence of that would be needed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 06, 2021, 12:34:12 PM

So is Dickford and Bjorn Guessing his sidekick.

You never miss a chance to stick an ice pick in a tory, but the fact is labour are far worse. Look at the figures.

I have already stated there are no current politicians of any political party  that are any use.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 06, 2021, 12:35:02 PM

And what of those like me (and millions of others) who need no vaccine (for a good few months).

To be fair you are not likely to get it for a few months the way things are going.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 12:32:58 PM
But if people find they are not allowed in a pub, restaurant, event, on a bus, plane, train or ferry unless they are vaccinated, that will have an effect.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 11:34:48 AM
But Bojo-The-Clown is incompetent, a ditherer and totally useless at his job.

So is Dickford and Bjorn Guessing his sidekick.

You never miss a chance to stick an ice pick in a tory, but the fact is labour are far worse. Look at the figures.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 12:20:48 PM
I am not advocating compulsory vaccines.

But if people find they are not allowed in a pub, restaurant, event, on a bus, plane, train or ferry unless they are vaccinated, that will have an effect.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on January 06, 2021, 12:16:14 PM
You mean damn your eyes and follow me. The enemy defences have been destroyed and we don't have to worry about their machine guns.

Battle of the Somme 1 July 1916

Bollocks to that. My wife has a warm heart and a happy smile and they are about the only parts of her that work properly. So I don't want her taking this jab until everything has been tried and tested. In triplicate. And then once again for good measure.

That's fine and a personal decision. I am not advocating compulsory vaccines. I am asking for joined up thinking is getting it out to those young and old who will take it. There is a strong argument for leaving people like me until last and letting everyone who needs to be out there working head the queue. I think that makes a lot of sense.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AM

I don't think Hancock is necessarily all at fault, I think he is struggling with a very unwilling set of people in his dept and in the NHS leadership. Somewhere there needs to be some very strong talking and a directive that when the people of this country say 'jump' their only question is 'how high'.

You mean damn your eyes and follow me. The enemy defences have been destroyed and we don't have to worry about their machine guns.

Battle of the Somme 1 July 1916

Bollocks to that. My wife has a warm heart and a happy smile and they are about the only parts of her that work properly. So I don't want her taking this jab until everything has been tried and tested. In triplicate. And then once again for good measure.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 06, 2021, 11:51:29 AM
The problem is the same one it's always been. When you get a dozen academics/policy makers/politicians and other assorted "thinking" people around a table, they see things on paper or on slides/screens and make decisions based on "theory". It's when these theories come into contact with practical reality that it begins to go wrong. It's always been the same. This is generally because once you introduce the human element (and then variables like the weather or mechanical reliability for instance) to theories they quickly become exposed as.exactly that. Theories.

What then happens is that those tasked with putting them into action eventually find a way to do it based on a series of guesses, improvisations and sheer blind luck, otherwise everything goes on its arse. Almost invariably though, when those tasked with carrying out these "theories" are up to their eyes in shite, those who came up with the theory are nowhere to be fecking seen.  ;)

I see that but this is where we need to think outside the restrictions. We have the ability and resources but what we don't seem to have is the drive to co-ordinate all the offers of help. We are throwing money around like confetti  when what is needed now is the vaccine roll out. Blame is perhaps for later but it is now that we need a few action men. My business was only small in comparison but there was always an answer to problems and sometimes breaking the mould was the only way to answer them.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 11:42:02 AM
No use blaming down the chain of command,that's what's been happening for years and why  politicians never resign or admit fault.
They made he claims they take the blame.

I understand that the buck has to stop with the Ministers concerned but in this crisis period surely the last thing we need is a re-shuffle. We can't ignore the actions of those taking the orders from the top. I look at Matt Hancocks face sometimes and feel that he is fighting on all fronts. Why is the army not more involved? They have a whole medical arm. Why are hurdles in pace against those who would help? Why is the testing agency so slow on checking the batches of virus? Why is no-one being entrepreneurial in all this?

Over the last 40+ years we have steadily accepted more and more red tape and here we are with the first real test outside of the mothering EU and we are still thinking the EU way.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AMSo where is the problem? We have been promised a fast dole out of vaccines, it is obvious that on present progress, targets will be missed, the same happened on testing.

The problem is the same one it's always been. When you get a dozen academics/policy makers/politicians and other assorted "thinking" people around a table, they see things on paper or on slides/screens and make decisions based on "theory". It's when these theories come into contact with practical reality that it begins to go wrong. It's always been the same. This is generally because once you introduce the human element (and then variables like the weather or mechanical reliability for instance) to theories they quickly become exposed as.exactly that. Theories.

What then happens is that those tasked with putting them into action eventually find a way to do it based on a series of guesses, improvisations and sheer blind luck, otherwise everything goes on its arse. Almost invariably though, when those tasked with carrying out these "theories" are up to their eyes in shite, those who came up with the theory are nowhere to be fecking seen.  ;)

cromwell

Where is the problem? The men meeting around a virtual cabinet table seem to want to deliver the best possible service to the country. They announce their intentions but each time Chinese whispers (sorry Sampan) set in and the plan goes AWOL somewhere down the line. The implausibility of the plan gets fed back up the line and the intention gets watered down. The electorate throws their hands up in exasperation.

So where is the problem? We have been promised a fast dole out of vaccines, it is obvious that on present progress, targets will be missed, the same happened on testing. Now we are not an unwilling nation on the whole. We hear of football stadia, racecourses even pubs offering facilities, Dentist, pharmacists even diabetics all used to vaccinating offering to help get people covered but they are being largely ignored, yet somewhere there are sets of clay feet that don't seem to be capable of thinking outside the box or rising to a challenge.

We saw this right at the beginning of this pandemic and somewhere there is a very rusty cog in the machinery or there is a climate of fear of delegation, an unhealthy determination to tick every box and follow every procedure laid down over years. This is a crisis, this is a moment when we need people who are capable of vision and can develop the equivalent of the bouncing bomb in the health service.

I don't think Hancock is necessarily all at fault, I think he is struggling with a very unwilling set of people in his dept and in the NHS leadership. Somewhere there needs to be some very strong talking and a directive that when the people of this country say 'jump' their only question is 'how high'.
No use blaming down the chain of command,that's what's been happening for years and why  politicians never resign or admit fault.
They made the claims they take the blame.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 11:32:46 AM
You say this but BJ doesn't test vaccine, or drive lorries to deliver it, or decide who gives injections, neither does Matt Hancock. They give the directive only and that's why I am raising the question as to where the problem really is. The sticking point is lower down the chain of command. It has seemed so all the way through the last year.

But Bojo-The-Clown is incompetent, a ditherer and totally useless at his job.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 11:20:08 AM
The problem is the high level of incompetence of the current crop of politicians of all parties.

You say this but BJ doesn't test vaccine, or drive lorries to deliver it, or decide who gives injections, neither does Matt Hancock. They give the directive only and that's why I am raising the question as to where the problem really is. The sticking point is lower down the chain of command. It has seemed so all the way through the last year.

papasmurf

Where is the problem? .

The problem is the high level of incompetence of the current crop of politicians of all parties.