Intentions 10 Execution 2

Started by T00ts, January 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Israel have now vaccinated more than 1 million people, 1 in 8 of their population of over 9 million. They are now on hold pending arrival of more vaccines. They have held over enough in storage to do the second doses 3 weeks after the first. (They are doing the job according to the manufacturers instructions, you see)
To achieve this they set up 24 hour vaccination centres and called in the most vulnerable first. People trying to jump the queue were sent away.

Why can't we do 24 hour centres with staff working night shifts? I am sure many people who are keen to be vaccinated won't mind being done at 03:00 hours.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 06, 2021, 03:50:03 PM
That might be one of the pleasures of Cornwall ,Smurf.

I don't think it applies to all of Cornwall, but the local GP practice is very efficient. It also has 8 GPs, 4 nurses, and 4 other staff.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 03:35:13 PM
Not where I live, very little delay in appointments, and my routine check ups, blood tests have been happening on a regular basis.

That might be one of the pleasures of Cornwall ,Smurf. I have relatives and friends around the country, haven't heard that much. But good for you. By the way someone I know of is getting their second dose tomorrow. So good luck to them as well. But what the hell is happening.?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 03:17:37 PM
Since it already can take three weeks to get an appointment with a GP

Not where I live, very little delay in appointments, and my routine check ups, blood tests have been happening on a regular basis.

T00ts

I have just received a text from my GP telling me that they are manning the Covid vaccine every Friday so there will be fewer appointments available. So instead of increasing the work force even on a volunteer basis or using the local pharmacists, dentists, and the retired medics they take appointments away from those who are suffering from other diseases other than Covid. Since it already can take three weeks to get an appointment with a GP ........I rest my case.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 01:28:32 PM
We are only surviving because we are borrowing like there is no tomorrow. 13 years of no financial control and buying votes has left us where we are.

If you refer to the period of New Labour , rule.  Then it was the period of constant Tory calls for less financial controls.and bankers that spunked our money on sub primes mainly in the USA. God knows what else they would have wasted it on if the Tories had their way.
The cuts so deep over such a long period were dangerous and could and should have been avoided. If we were to have dealt properly with a crisis half as deep as this one is.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 06, 2021, 01:21:34 PM

I  don't know why there is so much confusion as to why nothing seems to be functioning smoothly or adequately now we are in a state of dire need.
Ten years of  reducing every service and every department to just about managing . Has left the politicians struggling to make anything happen. This would be an excuse ,but it was self inflicted. The financial crises of twelve years ago is no excuse either.
As it is so very obvious now that there never was a need to cut into fabric of the very services we rely  on in times of stress.
You can not keep your horse on a handful of oats for ten years or more ,and then expect it to win the Grand National.

We are only surviving because we are borrowing like there is no tomorrow. 13 years of no financial control and buying votes has left us where we are.

Good old

I  don't know why there is so much confusion as to why nothing seems to be functioning smoothly or adequately now we are in a state of dire need.
Ten years of  reducing every service and every department to just about managing . Has left the politicians struggling to make anything happen. This would be an excuse ,but it was self inflicted. The financial crises of twelve years ago is no excuse either.
As it is so very obvious now that there never was a need to cut into fabric of the very services we rely  on in times of stress.
You can not keep your horse on a handful of oats for ten years or more ,and then expect it to win the Grand National.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 12:41:34 PM
Well as of yesterday, the U.K. had vaccinated over a million people, France had done 500. But don't let the facts get in the way of a swipe at Boris.

That does not change  Bojo-The-Clown being incompetent, a ditherer and totally useless at his job.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 12:37:57 PM
Evidence of that would be needed.

What, you mean like the email I got from NHS Wales saying as a COVID SURVIVOR they want to steal my antibodies to give to others ?

RESEARCH into the likely time protection is available is needed. Once the home office accept a figure the way they accept the breathalyser limits, the job is done because everybody who had a YOU ARE POSITIVE email also had a letter emailed to them, or physically posted, stating the last day they had to isolate, after which if they were not dead they could consider themselves a survivor...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 12:59:03 PM
Well T00ts perhaps a bit of this is needed look in at around 5:20 ;)

https://youtu.be/8Z15-5LfEEM

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Exactly. It's about time we chucked procedures.

cromwell

Well T00ts perhaps a bit of this is needed look in at around 5:20 ;)

https://youtu.be/8Z15-5LfEEM
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 12:41:34 PM
Well as of yesterday, the U.K. had vaccinated over a million people, France had done 500. But don't let the facts get in the way of a swipe at Boris.

:)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 12:37:57 PM
Evidence of that would be needed.

He tested positive and is walking around. Not everything has to be registered agreed ok'd and stamped 25 times. That reminds me of the fiasco in a Spanish post office just to send a letter.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2021, 11:34:48 AM
But Bojo-The-Clown is incompetent, a ditherer and totally useless at his job.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.