Main Menu

Recovered? Off you go!

Started by T00ts, January 06, 2021, 12:39:47 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on February 17, 2021, 04:28:23 PM
Has anyone on the forum had their vaccine yet?
Couldn't comment for reasons of medical confidentiality
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on February 17, 2021, 03:56:47 PM
Personally I reckon that the best idea would have been to let the bug run its course and kill off a few oldies who were going to die anyway. But if that had happened half the nation would have run round like stuck pigs and demanded that SOMETHING BE DONE! And we would have had a lockdown anyway.

Exactly

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 17, 2021, 04:28:23 PM
Three times i was gonnae reply  to further posts on this thread,......and i honestly couldnt be fecked.

I have run out of things to say on this subject , but i do think the pendulum is now swinging the other way and people are beginning to get fed up to the back teeth of this virus and the timidity of politicians on the subject.

yep three and and a half weeks ago.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Three times i was gonnae reply  to further posts on this thread,......and i honestly couldnt be fecked.

I have run out of things to say on this subject , but i do think the pendulum is now swinging the other way and people are beginning to get fed up to the back teeth of this virus and the timidity of politicians on the subject.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

QuoteThe problem is Valance and Whitty keep terrifying Johnson with pie charts and scare stories

No, the problem is that by 1/9/20 the 7 day fatality rate for the UK was 55, which was probably caused by folk over dosing on Lemsip as much as the flu. The epidemic was over!

Except it wasn't. Within a few weeks the deaths began to rise again until they peaked at the end of January. My belief is that we should reach another burn out by May/June. But Boris won't do anything in a hurry because if he gets his timing wrong the electorate won't forgive him in a hurry.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

QuoteDon't count on Boris doing anything to get back to normal.  He is serving big pharma and Bill Gates.

Oh bollocks. Boris is serving his own ego which, like that of most politicians, costs more to maintain than a few shares in Microsoft.

Personally I reckon that the best idea would have been to let the bug run its course and kill off a few oldies who were going to die anyway. But if that had happened half the nation would have run round like stuck pigs and demanded that SOMETHING BE DONE! And we would have had a lockdown anyway.

I know that I have said this before, but the problem is that we are a kinder, gentler society than before. The intelligent thing to do would have been to stick anyone feeling a bit chesty in front of an roaring fire, with a few bottles of port to hand and a packet of John Players to puff on and leave them to cough their lives away. But we don't do that any more. We are too decent. The trouble is that it is hard to be decent on the cheap.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 17, 2021, 10:56:54 AM
The problem is Valance and Whitty keep terrifying Johnson with pie charts and scare stories about how many zillion people will die next week if he doesn't do exactly what they say.

The country is being held to ransom by two geeky scientists who sat at the front of every class, never had a girlfriend and couldn't play any sport. A bit like Beelbeeb I suppose

Totally agree with you deppity. Its not just england , but scotland and most other countries as well. Brother in law says France is exactly the same , geeks with pie charts holding politicians in back pockets while they try and media manage.

Practically ran out of things to say on the subject , its a fecking joke.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Scott777

Don't count on Boris doing anything to get back to normal.  He is serving big pharma and Bill Gates.  Why do you think we locked down after the virus was declared no longer a high consequence infectious disease?  If he's really nice to the WHO, he might be given a high-paid job, like Chris Shitty will.  Or maybe it's shares in GSK, like Vallance has.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 17, 2021, 10:56:54 AM
The problem is Valance and Whitty keep terrifying Johnson with pie charts and scare stories about how many zillion people will die next week if he doesn't do exactly what they say.

The country is being held to ransom by two geeky scientists who sat at the front of every class, never had a girlfriend and couldn't play any sport.
Frightening, isn't it? We've trashed the economy without even a cursory risk assessment . Hopefully it will revive as so many countries in the world are in similar positions.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

I can't see people being turned away from the (soon to be renamed ) Red Lion with a chorus of Hes a Lepper , hes a lepper la la la ,la la .from the covid free drinkers

To be fair, the idea of the infected standing outside pubs ringing their bells and demanding free drinks in order to alleviate their suffering does have a certain appeal. And as Deppity has said, if Vallance and Whitty had spent more of their time getting nice girls into trouble and less making a fuss over a few bouts of the flu we would all be better off.

I like the new layout but it seems to take forever to load, although that may well be my crappy Stone Age computer.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

The country is being held to ransom by two geeky scientists who sat at the front of every class, never had a girlfriend and couldn't play any sport. A bit like Beelbeeb I suppose

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on February 17, 2021, 09:57:51 AM
You keep repeating this, John, but you were never tested first time, it could have been any virus.
They keep going on about new variants, but still no reports of people from March last year catching it again.
I doubt you had it twice.
Eh! there is
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56049680
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 17, 2021, 12:44:14 AM
I caught the pox a second time after a year and a Scottish woman has caught it again after 7 months ...
You keep repeating this, John, but you were never tested first time, it could have been any virus.
They keep going on about new variants, but still no reports of people from March last year catching it again.
I doubt you had it twice.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

After infection last March 2020  I have just received a letter from the NHS offering a video appointment for the end of March 2021.   I guess they will be saying , recovered off you go to me .

But where were we , yes I dont think having it gives you any more liberty so to speak .  We dont know how long the immunity lasts or the who what when on transmission regarding the past infected .  Letting certain sections of society out to play and not others for various reasons all sounds a bit complicated for me .
I cant see people being turned away from the (soon to be renamed ) Red Lion with a chorus of Hes a Lepper , hes a lepper la la la ,la la .from the covid free drinkers .

Get everyone vaccinated and we are all good to go .

johnofgwent

The figures are there for all to see.

Take the total number of positive cases, shave off about 10% to cater for shenaligans like the shambles at Rodney Parade where positive tests get lost so people have to re test, subtract the number of dead and you find millions wholly unjustly incarcerated.

The sheep will whinge that you can still give it to another (the NHS say you cannot) or the immunity does not last (a fairer charge, currently it seems everyone can count on 3 months some might manage five)

I caught the pox a second time after a year and a Scottish woman has caught it again after 7 months ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>