Fake vaccination scams, that didn't take long

Started by papasmurf, January 07, 2021, 12:17:40 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

I agree BBC funding model needs to be changed — eg, govt should fund all its own and public service output. However, I still generally trust it's news coverage even if I disagree with some individual opinions it carries. And I enjoy some of its entertainment.
One plus point is the absence of commercials and station info within programmes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 03:10:48 PM
So you'd really prefer the BBC and other news media to spend out on resources  compiling their own results when fully explained and itemised figures are already available?
Will you also be wanting news outlets to do their own election vote counting rather than accepting and reporting the official figures...?

I think that most of us would prefer that Auntie became a subscription only service. I have no objections to the world according to Islington, I just don't want to pay for it.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 03:10:48 PM
So you'd really prefer the BBC and other news media to spend out on resources  compiling their own results when fully explained and itemised figures are already available?
Will you also be wanting news outlets to do their own election vote counting rather than accepting and reporting the official figures...?

They were all too keen to do journalism when Trump said he had won the election.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2021, 10:00:16 PM
No, I'm suggesting that the BBC don't do any basic journalism. They just blindly publish figures if it follows their left wing agenda. They're happy to headline the big figures and then micro announce the errors.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 08, 2021, 01:49:00 PM
Deaths within 28 days of positive test
Latest data provided on 7 January 2021
Daily1,162
Last 7 days 4,996

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

These govt figures have a remarkable resemblance to those quoted in BBC reports — are you suggesting they're in collusion instead of doing their own research...?

No, I'm suggesting that the BBC don't do any basic journalism. They just blindly publish figures if it follows their left wing agenda. They're happy to headline the big figures and then micro announce the errors.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2021, 12:53:03 PM
Not just fake Jabs, the BBC showing graphs that are complete nonsense.

They are now reporting that the 1100 deaths are now an accumulation of a few weeks of delays.
They put the 1100 deaths in big headlines and then a few days later the caveat is barely legible print.

Deaths within 28 days of positive test
Latest data provided on 7 January 2021
Daily1,162
Last 7 days 4,996

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

These govt figures have a remarkable resemblance to those quoted in BBC reports — are you suggesting they're in collusion instead of doing their own research...?

Nick

Not just fake Jabs, the BBC showing graphs that are complete nonsense.

They are now reporting that the 1100 deaths are now an accumulation of a few weeks of delays.
They put the 1100 deaths in big headlines and then a few days later the caveat is barely legible print.

papasmurf

Just received this from the Devon and Cornwall Police community messaging service:-

Fake Vaccination Text
Please be wary of fake COVID-19 vaccine text alerts, the fake text alerts appear to be from the NHS stating that the recipient is eligible to apply for a vaccine and followed by a link - please do not click on the link - the link is a convincing fake NHS website which asks for personal and financial information. The NHS will never ask for your banking information.

Please be wary of other scams related to COVID-19 which may include:
Fake links claiming to take you to a Government website for a COVID-19 related payment
Offers of health supplements that will prevent you from becoming infected
Financial support offers that appear to be from your bank
Fines suggesting you have breached lockdown
If you have clicked and supplied your details please phone your bank/building society immediately on a telephone number from a reliable source (if any financial information has been passed) and report to Action Fraud via the website https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ or by phoning 0300 123 2040.
If you have any concerns please email 101@dc.police.uk or phone 101.
Please pass this information on and consider displaying in public areas such as notice boards etc.
Thank you.Email tracking gif
Message Sent By
Linzi Berryman (Police, DC Alert Officer, Devon & Cornwall)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe