Main Menu

Troops on parade!

Started by T00ts, January 07, 2021, 01:44:14 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 07, 2021, 01:44:14 PM
There is talk that BJ will announce today that troops are now going to give a hand with vaccinations. It was impressive how they sorted out those thousands of lorries over Christmas when Macron decided to shut the gates. So if they can do a repeat performance it can only be to the good. They are doing the planning so I guess we will all be marshalled into position,. jabbed and marched out again in no time at all. It might even be worth going just for the view!   Dancing

Dunno.

It was a long time ago but my grandfather was gassed in the WWI. He spent a few days in hospital and was then returned to the front, military thinking being that just because he was coughing a bit did not mean that he could not shoot.

Granddad's feeling was that army medics were efficient, but a bit short on compassion.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 07, 2021, 03:54:26 PM
I believe the inspection time has been cut from something like 20 days to 5.

Not yet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 03:09:24 PM
It isn't the shifting that is the problem, it is the batch inspection.

I believe the inspection time has been cut from something like 20 days to 5.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 07, 2021, 02:47:31 PM
Perhaps the army is going to do the shifting.

It isn't the shifting that is the problem, it is the batch inspection.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 07, 2021, 02:18:08 PM
Actually  smurfy is correct,I don't think the problem is people able to administer the jab it's the supply.

Perhaps the army is going to do the shifting. I seem to remember the NHS bragging that they had loads of PPE but had delivery problems, so they have form in this area. A fleet of army lorries might be what's needed.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 02:11:00 PM
They can't inject anyone until the vaccine arrives.
Actually  smurfy is correct,I don't think the problem is people able to administer the jab it's the supply.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 07, 2021, 02:03:17 PM
There was a time when they were well practiced at this. Sending people all around the world protected against things potentially more dangerous, and fatal than this virus. The needles are a lot better now a days, so they shouldn't hurt to many patients. :)

They can't inject anyone until the vaccine arrives.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 07, 2021, 01:44:14 PM
There is talk that BJ will announce today that troops are now going to give a hand with vaccinations. It was impressive how they sorted out those thousands of lorries over Christmas when Macron decided to shut the gates. So if they can do a repeat performance it can only be to the good. They are doing the planning so I guess we will all be marshalled into position,. jabbed and marched out again in no time at all. It might even be worth going just for the view!   Dancing

There was a time when they were well practiced at this. Sending people all around the world protected against things potentially more dangerous, and fatal than this virus. The needles are a lot better now a days, so they shouldn't hurt to many patients. :)

T00ts