The Reform party

Started by Streetwalker, January 07, 2021, 04:09:21 PM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

There is plenty of room for a new party in UK politics, one which is positioned right of center and which is targeted towards The Small Business owner and self employed etc.

Old Labour is seen as mainly interested in Unionised Labour and the Public Center. New Labour is seen as being interested mainly in Liberal Human Rights causes and Rightist Globalism.
The Tories are largely seen as being there for the benefit of the Wealthy and Establishment.

So a party that targets the smaller businessman should find its place and take support from all the main established parties.

To be honest, he had the chance to do this back with UKIP but really failed to expand it beyond the single issue.

Which comes to the other problem area. UKIP; because of its single issue obsession, was bedeviled by a succession of head bangers rising to the top. Can he put together a team of effective and level headed people to advance a viable agenda or will it just attract the looney tune brigade again?

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 07, 2021, 04:20:18 PM
I agree but do you really think the people will want to board a new ship in such troubled waters ?
I think an anti-lockdowns party might be more popular, despite so many masochists living among us.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 07, 2021, 04:15:12 PM
We have a huge opportunity as a nation post-Brexit, but there are many areas of the UK that need real, bold reform: our economy, House of Lords, BBC, civil service, the voting system to mention a few."
Pretty much support from most people then.
Yeah that's true Sheeps though if done it needs doing carefully.

We still IMO need a public broadcaster that's publicly funded and accountable,the civil service needs people who are independent,and for sure a judiciary totally independent of the executive.

The voting system needs replacing but not where the loons get to hold the balance of power.

To get where we are took a long time and is certainly not perfect.......but it's not as bad as elsewhere,we certainly don't want to see scenes or politicians that are dominating in the US now.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on January 07, 2021, 04:15:12 PM
We have a huge opportunity as a nation post-Brexit, but there are many areas of the UK that need real, bold reform: our economy, House of Lords, BBC, civil service, the voting system to mention a few."

I agree but do you really think the people will want to board a new ship in such troubled waters ? 

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 07, 2021, 04:09:21 PM
Well Brexit is dead ,the party is now the Reform Party .

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-party-nigel-farage-reform-uk-b723772.html

Will have to see how this develops  though Im thinking it will go down in flames . Not sure where the support will come from
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Well Brexit is dead ,the party is now the Reform Party .

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-party-nigel-farage-reform-uk-b723772.html

Will have to see how this develops  though Im thinking it will go down in flames . Not sure where the support will come from