Exporting to the EU, problems starting to emerge.

Started by papasmurf, January 08, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on January 08, 2021, 04:45:56 PM
Has anyone factored in how many remainers work at the borders? If those in charge are anything like the main  Union Flag doubters here ... then it stands to reason that there will be a degree of chaos if for no reason than to be proved right.

Good point T00ts, the Remoaners realising their own prophecy.  Union Flag
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Has anyone factored in how many remainers work at the borders? If those in charge are anything like the main  Union Flag doubters here ... then it stands to reason that there will be a degree of chaos if for no reason than to be proved right.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2021, 04:20:13 PM
He has form for not reading links.
Theres 3 links on this thread, two I posted and the other is about the false BBC reporting.

You on the other hand are showing you don't read or you would have known there wasn't a link to the 'french were delaying things unnecessarily' remark.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 08, 2021, 04:07:55 PM
The report is in the OP, Gerry, but you didn't read it.

He has form for not reading links.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

The report is in the OP, Gerry, but you didn't read it.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on January 08, 2021, 03:01:08 PMIt's you're saying, Gerry.

Did you read the report?
Entire trucks are currently being rejected without explanation by the French customs authority.
Which bit of without explanation don't you get?
That implies they have no reason, but of course, I'm not there.
What report, put up a link and i'll take a look.

Quote from: Barry on January 08, 2021, 03:01:08 PMThe BBC originally used a picture on that report to suggest there were still queues at Dover. They are out of control:
https://order-order.com/2021/01/08/bbc-uses-old-picture-to-hype-dover-ports-story/
Talk about dishonest reporting.
Yep very dishonest. I've read the main road to Dover was so quiet they closed half of it to clear rubbish. Showing that photo is at best lazy reporting. Delays are down to paperwork and a serious lack in customs officials to process them, is my understanding .

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2021, 02:33:47 PM
Huh ?
Your saying the delays are because of French retaliation over fisheries, any proof of that ? You do know the UK can ship to Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.
It's you're saying, Gerry.

Did you read the report?
Entire trucks are currently being rejected without explanation by the French customs authority.
Which bit of without explanation don't you get?
That implies they have no reason, but of course, I'm not there.

The BBC originally used a picture on that report to suggest there were still queues at Dover. They are out of control:
https://order-order.com/2021/01/08/bbc-uses-old-picture-to-hype-dover-ports-story/
Talk about dishonest reporting.

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on January 08, 2021, 01:59:52 PM
Excellent. If the UK can't sell bonemeal to the EU then the price will fall and UK farmers will benefit. Needless to say that will be a blow to the Irish who will see food prices rise accordingly, but that worry them because they are doing as they are told by their beloved EU.

:) :)
You might find the UK will have to follow EU rules and stop using bonemeal if it wishes to sell food product into the EU.

Maybe you could give us a summary on the new trade deal and how it deals with level playing field, governance and all that sort of thing ?

As for food, it might have escaped your notice but we produce a lot of food in Ireland, far more than we can consume and if we don't buy from the UK we can get it from the mainland with direct hassle & delay free shipping.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on January 08, 2021, 01:51:14 PM
The French didn't get all they wanted with the fisheries deal. Now they reject lorry loads of Scottish salmon without any reason or explanation.
It's not like the French don't have form for messing up the ports, is it?
Huh ?
Your saying the delays are because of French retaliation over fisheries, any proof of that ? You do know the UK can ship to Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.

But you don't think it has anything to do with the UK not shipping because of the failure of the UK to follow trade rules that the UK knew 4 YEARS ago would apply. This is no surprise, it had zero to do with the trade deal and 100% to do with the UK exiting the CU.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on January 08, 2021, 01:51:14 PM
The French didn't get all they wanted with the fisheries deal. Now they reject lorry loads of Scottish salmon without any reason or explanation.
Seems like many people don't understand that when someone leaves a club they can't be expected to act the same as when they were a member, nor can the ex-member expect to continue to enjoy the full rights of membership.

I guess it will take time for all parties to get used to their new relationships and responsibilities — even if assurances of an easy ride were scattered like confetti over four years of campaigning...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2021, 01:38:22 PM

Borchester thinks fishermen should sell their high value fresh catch to a low value bonemeal manufacture. He's a genius, the EU is looking to ban bonemeal.

Excellent. If the UK can't sell bonemeal to the EU then the price will fall and UK farmers will benefit. Needless to say that will be a blow to the Irish who will see food prices rise accordingly, but that worry them because they are doing as they are told by their beloved EU.

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 10:47:20 AM
Just as I thought the eu are being as awkward as possible or possibly the French,I saw another business that found exporting to the rest of the world no great prob.

I remember reading about these sort of tactics before by them,it was concerning Japanese electronics where they made a rule that all the stuff had to be inspected......and predictably they only employed one inspector.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 08, 2021, 11:51:21 AM
Quiet right borky , Seafood Scotland have full instructions on their website of the export process and possible tripwires . Its not our fault if they can't be bothered to read it .

If you bothered to watch news bulletins, the government customs clearance software has problems, Scottish fishing now at a halt, until the system is fixed.
It is NOT businesses fault.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2021, 01:38:22 PM
Like banging your head against a wall.
Borchester thinks fishermen should sell their high value fresh catch to a low value bonemeal manufacture. He's a genius, the EU is looking to ban bonemeal. What they are not getting, the value in the business is taking fresh fish from water and getting it to customers very very quickly. If you can't the value of your catch dramatically drops. If fisherman try introduce a middle man they lose profit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/eu-agriculture-ministers-agree-to-bone-meal-animal-feed-ban-1.1119422?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Feu-agriculture-ministers-agree-to-bone-meal-animal-feed-ban-1.1119422

It's what you voted for lads, just keep saying to yourself 'they need us more than we need them'
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 08, 2021, 11:53:48 AM
It is the lack of inspection and certification (which is down to  government, ) that is the problem.

Well, I can only hope it develops into that mega catastrophe you promised us Pappy. I don't want to be pedantic about this, but having to wipe my backside on past copies of the Daily Worker hardly suggests the end of the empire.
Algerie Francais !