Exporting to the EU, problems starting to emerge.

Started by papasmurf, January 08, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 08, 2021, 07:19:48 PM
∆∆∆
But nothing worthwhile is ever easy — even promised trade deals...

Is leaving a wasteland of bankruptcy, unemployment and a massive increase in social problems worth it?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

∆∆∆
But nothing worthwhile is ever easy — even promised trade deals...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 08, 2021, 06:32:33 PM
I think you protest too much. I believe that your rhetoric is ridiculous. You have rose coloured glasses on underneath blinkers you are so deluded about what the EU is all about.

The rose tinted spectacles appear to be amongst the leavers on the forum.  The disaster predicted they called project fear is slowly happening into reality.
Gove is predicting the border paperwork problem will be solved by April. There will be hardly any fishing industry left by then.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 08, 2021, 06:55:30 PM
T00ts we had all this discussed when we in the final process of leaving and before too.

We've left and IMO Gerry is now only here on the wind up,again only my opinion he's best ignored  but that's up to individuals.

You are right - it's nonsensical - largely I do ignore him but just occasionally I get riled. I will do better!   Dancing

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 08, 2021, 06:32:33 PM
I think you protest too much. I believe that your rhetoric is ridiculous. You have rose coloured glasses on underneath blinkers you are so deluded about what the EU is all about. I realise you can't help it since you have been totally indoctrinated but you really are wasting your time wishing the UK to fail. The EU will fail because eventually other countries will resent being held back, but then you don't want to hear that.
T00ts we had all this discussed when we in the final process of leaving and before too.

We've left and IMO Gerry is now only here on the wind up,again only my opinion he's best ignored  but that's up to individuals.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2021, 06:22:24 PM
The delusion is astounding.
The EU killing UK innovation, tell that to Dyson, he managed to suck up £3.7m in EU farm funding and the EU sends 1.5b in research grant aide to the UK to help innovation. And don't go on about the cost of the EU, it's plain as day that the financial cost of being outside the EU is far in excess of the cost of being inside. The ability for the UK to easily and freely study in the EU, employ the brains of Europe and share ideas, was that also killing UK innovation.
Brexit will kill UK innovation, putting up barriers and forcing business to change or die is not how you do it.

The spin on this forum is staggering.

I think you protest too much. I believe that your rhetoric is ridiculous. You have rose coloured glasses on underneath blinkers you are so deluded about what the EU is all about. I realise you can't help it since you have been totally indoctrinated but you really are wasting your time wishing the UK to fail. The EU will fail because eventually other countries will resent being held back, but then you don't want to hear that.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2021, 06:22:24 PMThe spin on this forum is staggering.
It would seem that way to anyone who thought for a moment that Brexit was all about the economy.
It wasn't.
Stop trying to wind us up Gerry. It's over and we won. We are not taking your bait.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on January 08, 2021, 05:11:49 PM
I must confess that I am getting fed up with all the moaning when what we need is some positive thinking combined with positive action. We are hogtied to Covid at present and try as we might we can't do it all. How many are sick with it that should be on the IT/border/organisation jobs sorting stuff out? We knew we would need to hit the ground at a pace but covid is winning. There doesn't seem to be any voice of reason or sympathy considering the state not just us but the world is in. There are enough people in this country with wits and courage and they will be set free once they are not battling sickness either in themselves of their workforces. Many businesses will be forced out of their comfort zone if they want to continue or resurrect their businesses once this is over. There will be many businesses that won't survive and frankly in many cases that was inevitable in time anyway.

This is a moment to reset on so many fronts. We need wit, courage, wisdom, adventurers and those prepared to take risks. We need those prepared to think outside the box. Innovation didn't die when we stayed in the EU, try as the EU might to kill it off. We went to sleep under the stifling blanket of EU smothering but those prepared to wake up and smell the coffee are the ones needed now. Anyone not prepared to pull for the good of all might just as well stay asleep until wanted.  I wish I was still of working age. The potential is amazing for those prepared for it.
The delusion is astounding.
The EU killing UK innovation, tell that to Dyson, he managed to suck up £3.7m in EU farm funding and the EU sends 1.5b in research grant aide to the UK to help innovation. And don't go on about the cost of the EU, it's plain as day that the financial cost of being outside the EU is far in excess of the cost of being inside. The ability for the UK to easily and freely study in the EU, employ the brains of Europe and share ideas, was that also killing UK innovation.
Brexit will kill UK innovation, putting up barriers and forcing business to change or die is not how you do it.

The spin on this forum is staggering.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 08, 2021, 05:26:20 PM
Feck me papa your a genius . It was only last week that the deal for what its worth was done . Up until Crimbo they were saying no deal WTO .  If you brexit deniers had behaved yourselves and accepted the vote  maybe a trade deal could have been sorted in like 2017 /18 and all our ducks would have been lined up ready for departure  . It was the last minute deal that has caused problems both in the UK and the EU .

If your looking for someone to blame you need to look in a mirror along with all the other remoaners .   
A bit harsh — it's because the Brexiteers have never really managed to get all their ducks in a row despite protestations of how easy it would be to do. It took them through three prime ministers and two general elections to get the UK to where it is today.

Here's a useful narrative and time-line:  << https://www.euronews.com/2020/01/30/brexit-timeline-2016-2020-key-events-in-the-uk-s-path-from-referendum-to-eu-exit >>
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 08, 2021, 05:26:20 PM
Feck me papa your a genius . It was only last week that the deal for what its worth was done . Up until Crimbo they were saying no deal WTO .  If you brexit deniers had behaved yourselves and accepted the vote  maybe a trade deal could have been sorted in like 2017 /18 and all our ducks would have been lined up ready for departure  . It was the last minute deal that has caused problems both in the UK and the EU .

If your looking for someone to blame you need to look in a mirror along with all the other remoaners .   

I have never been a Brexit denier, I just knew whatever the outcome the incompetent Tory government would not have prepared for it, and they haven't.
It is looking like the nearest fish market to me has shut. (Hopefully temporarily,) because they can't ship any fish into the EU.
That means to quote one of the fishermen boats are "gathering dust."

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-55563678

Cornish fishing boats 'gathering dust' as EU shellfish exports halt
Published1 day ago.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 08, 2021, 05:08:13 PM
Frankly that is ridiculous.  I predicted what would happen a long time ago, the governments computerised export certification is not working and the border staffing is woefully inadequate.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 08, 2021, 05:08:13 PM
Frankly that is ridiculous.  I predicted what would happen a long time ago, the governments computerised export certification is not working and the border staffing is woefully inadequate.

Be honest you would be absolutely miserable if this country was a massive success. It's this sort of mindset that if allowed to dominate would drag this country and the good people in it into the doldrums. There is no future for any of us with that type of thinking. Thank goodness we don't have to rely on it for the future success we need for the next generations.

patman post

I just filled out  << www.gov.uk/transition-check >> with basic info and no frills. It came back with 2336 words covering 11  pages filled with instructions (rough count around 200) of what to check, notify and find forms for — and this is for accountancy, business consultancy and legal services with international transmission, reception and processing of sensitive data, etc.

Is it any wonder that those whose industry's settlement appeared to unblock a deal are now to be found at the harbour crying stinking fish...?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2021, 04:53:05 PM
Good point T00ts, the Remoaners realising their own prophecy.  Union Flag

I must confess that I am getting fed up with all the moaning when what we need is some positive thinking combined with positive action. We are hogtied to Covid at present and try as we might we can't do it all. How many are sick with it that should be on the IT/border/organisation jobs sorting stuff out? We knew we would need to hit the ground at a pace but covid is winning. There doesn't seem to be any voice of reason or sympathy considering the state not just us but the world is in. There are enough people in this country with wits and courage and they will be set free once they are not battling sickness either in themselves of their workforces. Many businesses will be forced out of their comfort zone if they want to continue or resurrect their businesses once this is over. There will be many businesses that won't survive and frankly in many cases that was inevitable in time anyway.

This is a moment to reset on so many fronts. We need wit, courage, wisdom, adventurers and those prepared to take risks. We need those prepared to think outside the box. Innovation didn't die when we stayed in the EU, try as the EU might to kill it off. We went to sleep under the stifling blanket of EU smothering but those prepared to wake up and smell the coffee are the ones needed now. Anyone not prepared to pull for the good of all might just as well stay asleep until wanted.  I wish I was still of working age. The potential is amazing for those prepared for it.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 08, 2021, 04:45:56 PM
Has anyone factored in how many remainers work at the borders? If those in charge are anything like the main  Union Flag doubters here ... then it stands to reason that there will be a degree of chaos if for no reason than to be proved right.