Oh boo hoo I don't have an EHIC card so I'm worse off

Started by cromwell, January 09, 2021, 04:09:47 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Barry on February 15, 2021, 10:59:07 AM
I know Papasmurf cannot reply at present, but others may be interested to know our shiny new GHIC cards arrived today.
Thanks, Cromwell for raising the issue.
@papasmurf
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

I know Papasmurf cannot reply at present, but others may be interested to know our shiny new GHIC cards arrived today.

Thanks for this, I've made a note to rip the house apart to find our old ones and check their expiry ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

What you mean thats another project fear pappysmurf argument that has fallen by the wayside?

Well i never?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

That is because you are a Tory.

The Tories have stolen the cards meant for honest working men such as Pappy and given them to their conservative supporters such as me, who have  promised to vote for Boris twice.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:25:18 PM
It is a scam, which is why I reported it. A GHIC card does not even exist yet.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 01:32:49 PM
Well the test kits are less than £10 each bulk purchase. Try and justify £120 and more for covid free certification.

Expertise doesn't pay @ £8.50 ph.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 11, 2021, 01:28:32 PM
How do you know they are not justified? You don't know their costs, you're just surmising again.

Well the test kits are less than £10 each bulk purchase. Try and justify £120 and more for covid free certification.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 12:07:07 PM
I don't want everything free or subsidised.  The charges for Covid-19 free certification by private companies before people can travel abroad cannot be justified. They are taking the piss. It is outrageous. I have complained officially about it, and I am not alone in that by a very long way.

How do you know they are not justified? You don't know their costs, you're just surmising again.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 11:57:02 AM
I don't understand the logic that everything should either be free or subsidised. You sound as if you are applying the costs of the '50s. Things cost more now than they ever did. The country is on it's knees at the moment and spending a fortune trying to keep people afloat. Don't be greedy. Has your pension been hit? Have you lost your income? If you want it pay it. It's your choice. Justification for the charge is irrelevant.

I don't want everything free or subsidised.  The charges for Covid-19 free certification by private companies before people can travel abroad cannot be justified. They are taking the piss. It is outrageous. I have complained officially about it, and I am not alone in that by a very long way.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 11:40:54 AM
You will have to pay the same robbing bastard charges for Covid-19 free certification as anyone else.
Those charges are bloody outrageous and have no justification.
You may accept being ripped off by private companies, I won't and don't.

I don't understand the logic that everything should either be free or subsidised. You sound as if you are applying the costs of the '50s. Things cost more now than they ever did. The country is on it's knees at the moment and spending a fortune trying to keep people afloat. Don't be greedy. Has your pension been hit? Have you lost your income? If you want it pay it. It's your choice. Justification for the charge is irrelevant.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 11:40:54 AM
You will have to pay the same robbing bastard charges for Covid-19 free certification as anyone else.

I don't get ripped off, I charge everything to my customers 😉.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 11, 2021, 11:36:27 AM
So was I. Why should I pay a higher premium to subsidise you being a high risk traveller?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2021, 05:49:32 PM
I was referring to the outrageous prices being charged by private companies for pre travel to the EU Covid 19 tests. (It could cost a family £1000 or more.)

So was I. Why should I pay a higher premium to subsidise you being a high risk traveller?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2021, 05:39:46 PM
The prices are based on risk, you're clearly a high risk therefore you pay a premium. Why should other travellers pay higher premiums to sub risky travellers?

I was referring to the outrageous prices being charged by private companies for pre travel to the EU Covid 19 tests. (It could cost a family £1000 or more.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2021, 01:51:55 PM
No I effing don't. FFS.  What I do expect is for private companies charging exorbitant prices to be curtailed legally.
There is a reasonable price and there are sharks.

The prices are based on risk, you're clearly a high risk therefore you pay a premium. Why should other travellers pay higher premiums to sub risky travellers?