Oh boo hoo I don't have an EHIC card so I'm worse off

Started by cromwell, January 09, 2021, 04:09:47 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 09, 2021, 08:24:43 PM
No you are moving the goal posts,in another thread you complained about losing your ehic,

The EHIC being retained until it runs out is a very recent development.  I have not moved any goal posts.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 08:17:24 PM
The nasty snobby attitude from some people on this forum.
No you are moving the goal posts,in another thread you complained about losing your ehic,you haven't and there's a replacement but will you admit you were wrong? That'll be a no and because Nick told you to get a life and buy travel insurance you change tack and say that's your complaint.

You do this all the time and have done so for years over multiple forums,but is at you at fault? no you say it's many different people and forums and you are treated unfairly........cobblers take a look in the mirror and understand most often its you are wrong.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 09, 2021, 08:16:06 PM
So what are you complaining about?

The nasty snobby attitude from some people on this forum.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 08:12:21 PM
There isn't a replacement yet. My EHIC is also valid until 2023. (Travel insurance is still required unless you happen to be an idiot.)
What has angered me is the attitude that only rich people should be allowed to travel out of Britain to the EU.  It is a disgusting and very nasty attitude.
Also older people cannot  get year round travel insurance, it is only available per trip and is expensive.
So what are you complaining about?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 09, 2021, 08:04:51 PM
You know what smurfy you are just a moaner,you originally complained your ehic was gone,it isn't there's a replacement.

There isn't a replacement yet. My EHIC is also valid until 2023. (Travel insurance is still required unless you happen to be an idiot.)
What has angered me is the attitude that only rich people should be allowed to travel out of Britain to the EU.  It is a disgusting and very nasty attitude.
Also older people cannot  get year round travel insurance, it is only available per trip and is expensive.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:40:15 PM
That is a VERY nasty snobby attitude.  When the GHIC card exists it will be free and available to all.  But as with the EHIC card travel insurance will be necessary as well.
You know what smurfy you are just a moaner,you originally complained your ehic was gone,it isn't there's a replacement.

I made a mistake with the link so what I've had a sherbert and is it the end of the world? No because unlike you if I err I hold my hands up but as it is Baz inserted the correct link,btw report it all you like you're wasting your time because Martin Lewis has already done so.

You are nothing other than a negative whinger and when pulled as Nick has off you go again you complained about losing something you haven't so accept it and shut up.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2021, 07:32:26 PM
Did you read what I put? I don't care about these schemes.
If you can't afford to take care of your health abroad you shouldn't be travelling. Why should the tax payer fund your excursions through some card scheme?

That is a VERY nasty snobby attitude.  When the GHIC card exists it will be free and available to all.  But as with the EHIC card travel insurance will be necessary as well.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 07:25:18 PM
It is a scam, which is why I reported it. A GHIC card does not even exist yet.

Did you read what I put? I don't care about these schemes.
If you can't afford to take care of your health abroad you shouldn't be travelling. Why should the tax payer fund your excursions through some card scheme?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2021, 06:51:14 PM
£112 for a family of six, up to 30 days for 12 months travel insurance. What's the big deal?

It is a scam, which is why I reported it. A GHIC card does not even exist yet.

Nick

£112 for a family of six, up to 30 days for 12 months travel insurance. What's the big deal?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 09, 2021, 05:24:51 PM
Be careful with that.
The links lead to a pay to get your card website, but the real NHS link to apply is:
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-ehic-european-health-insurance-card/
Which should be free.
Oh dear I got that wrong and Martin Lewis did warn me,still you got the right one Baz and we are losing nothing

Barry

I have just ordered new cards for me and the Mrs.
Thanks Cromwell for the heads up.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

I reckon any site or email with something like: EAIaIQobChMI7ov0jZyP7gIVwoXVCh05AAdDEAAYASAAEgIclvD_BwE
...in its address is likely to be a scam.

Possibly lost out on millions over the years...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 09, 2021, 05:24:51 PM
Be careful with that.
The links lead to a pay to get your card website, but the real NHS link to apply is:
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-ehic-european-health-insurance-card/
Which should be free.

A soon as I scrolled to the bottom of the first links webpage and saw the list of credit cards it was obvious it was a con.

The GHIC card is not available yet.

Edited to add I have reported the fraud.

Barry

† The end is nigh †