Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on April 28, 2021, 05:46:35 PM
OK......so there are people dying on the streets of covid,the hospitals aren't taking people in and they've  run out of oxygen

Fair enough.  However, it's normal for people to die in the streets in India.  It's also normal for people to sleep in the streets, so be careful of media propaganda using dodgy photos.  I'll post some facts in the India post.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on April 28, 2021, 05:43:05 PM
Why?  Does any discussion depend on corporate news?  This may explain why so many people are so brainwashed.  You could just say in a sentence what has happened in India.
OK......so there are people dying on the streets of covid,the hospitals aren't taking people in and they've  run out of oxygen
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on April 28, 2021, 04:57:26 PM
Shakes head and realises any further exchange is a waste of time.
Why?  Does any discussion depend on corporate news?  This may explain why so many people are so brainwashed.  You could just say in a sentence what has happened in India.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on April 28, 2021, 09:41:40 AM
What is happening in India?  I don't watch fake TV news, but I have seen videos of people who live there, who say nothing unusual is happening.
Shakes head and realises any further exchange is a waste of time.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 27, 2021, 08:13:14 PM

Yes, they report.

I've written a few such myself.

We used to train people in the art of picking such apart.

It wasn't hard.

Here's a fact for you. After you've had the jab they give you a letter saying you might have wasted your time there's no guarantee it will work.
Face it, you were unaware of a high profile political row over the selling off of the Royal Mail that caused a similar outcry to Boris's  wallpaper today. So apologies, but why should any credence be given to the relevance of an unspecified article...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on April 28, 2021, 09:41:40 AM
What is happening in India?  I don't watch fake TV news, but I have seen videos of people who live there, who say nothing unusual is happening.
With replies like that, don't be surprised if I, for one, won't bother engaging you in debate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on April 27, 2021, 06:27:50 PM
The journals I refer to are Lancet, BMJ, Nature, etc. They report, they don't claim. And the articles normally contain qualified data and info from peer reviewed papers. I trust these more than social media or even general news media...
I doubt your claims.  Show me where the BMJ have claimed that vaccines are established as safe and effective.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on April 27, 2021, 10:06:09 PM
What like in India?

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on April 26, 2021, 04:06:08 PM
Neither is true.  Explain Florida and Sweden.  The fact is the virus peaked last year, then became like any other flu.

What like in India?

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on April 27, 2021, 06:27:50 PM
The journals I refer to are Lancet, BMJ, Nature, etc. They report, they don't claim. And the articles normally contain qualified data and info from peer reviewed papers. I trust these more than social media or even general news media...

Yes, they report.

I've written a few such myself.

We used to train people in the art of picking such apart.

It wasn't hard.

Here's a fact for you. After you've had the jab they give you a letter saying you might have wasted your time there's no guarantee it will work.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 27, 2021, 05:47:39 PM

The issue I see is the degree to which each of those is over-rated. But time will tell. Right now the doom merchants are pr ducting mass hikes in numbers because the pubs reopen.

I asked on the ARSEbook group with more such than any other in my list if any of these Jeremiah Sodd clones are man enough to declare here and now that if in a month's time the numbers are NOT at death in gutter levels they will have the decency to admit their error

Utter silence
Provided the public observes the restrictions, there's every chance the increasing numbers of people being vaccinated and summer will tip the balance toward a falling infection rate, lower Covid hospitalisation numbers, and reduced number of Covid related deaths. 
I don't see it as a chance for point scoring, but hopefully a success for medical science and general common sense...

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on April 27, 2021, 03:05:53 PM
Any journal that claims vaccines add up to protection should be banned.  The outcome of clinical trials are unknown, and cannot be known unless you have a time machine (not a kind of watch).

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on April 26, 2021, 04:15:07 PM
I'll stick with what I understand from the reports carried by the journals I read — ie, nothing will guarantee 100% protection from Covid-19, but lockdowns, mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, etc, vaccines each add to the protection sum.
For that reason, I do all that's recommended where it's possible, and will probably continue to do so until several weeks after I've/we've been vaccinated and the country fully opens up — whichever comes later...

The issue I see is the degree to which each of those is over-rated. But time will tell. Right now the doom merchants are pr ducting mass hikes in numbers because the pubs reopen.

I asked on the ARSEbook group with more such than any other in my list if any of these Jeremiah Sodd clones are man enough to declare here and now that if in a month's time the numbers are NOT at death in gutter levels they will have the decency to admit their error

Utter silence
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on April 26, 2021, 04:15:07 PM
I'll stick with what I understand from the reports carried by the journals I read — ie, nothing will guarantee 100% protection from Covid-19, but lockdowns, mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, etc, vaccines each add to the protection sum.
Any journal that claims vaccines add up to protection should be banned.  The outcome of clinical trials are unknown, and cannot be known unless you have a time machine (not a kind of watch).

Barry

It's pretty clear the benefits in healthy under 30 years old people are debateable. i.e. the risk of death from the virus or the vaccine are similar, although negligible.
† The end is nigh †