Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 09:31:26 PM
Oh well, each to his own.  You have the choice to take the risk of getting the Bell's Palsy or viral interference that might result, and you will probably need to take it many times before you build up immunity (or not building it at all)

I agree with you entirely and have little faith in any wonder drug or government assurances that it will cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. But if I don't take it Madam will give me terminal earache, so I don't have a lot of choice.
I wish that I was a Labour party supporter. Keir Starmer seems particularly keen that everyone should have the jab and I would take great pleasure in not voting for the little shit. But I won't be anyway, so that is me buggered.
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on January 10, 2021, 09:12:06 PM
Dunno, but a power greater than I is working herself up into a right old state over this bug. So I will have the jab otherwise I will never hear the end of it.
Oh well, each to his own.  You have the choice to take the risk of getting the Bell's Palsy or viral interference that might result, and you will probably need to take it many times before you build up immunity (or not building it at all)
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 08:28:40 PM
In practice, vaccines won't reign anything in, for various reasons.  Firstly, I've seen no evidence they stop transmission.  2nd, viruses apparently mutate a lot, so you would need a new vaccine each time.  3rd, a vaccine for one virus may INCREASE your susceptibility to a different strain (as shown in research, known as viral interference).  4th, how can you pass a virus onto someone who might die from it, if they take the vaccine (assuming it even worked)?

Dunno, but a power greater than I is working herself up into a right old state over this bug. So I will have the jab otherwise I will never hear the end of it.
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2021, 08:49:17 PM
There are loads of facts on offer you choose to ignore them.
Not really.  As I said, the facts I read are that the vaccine does not stop transmission or affect the virus, only the symptoms.  So regarding the effectiveness, assuming that you know it, are you able to press numbers on your keyboard or phone to represent the percentage, or is it a struggle?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 08:44:16 PM
Well I don't watch TV because the propaganda is like a constant stream of bile being spewed into my living room, but it amazes me that you have such a lack of facts to offer.   ::)

There are loads of facts on offer you choose to ignore them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2021, 08:36:21 PM
We are all, (except you, it appears,) bombarded with such information on a regular basis in depth and detail.
Well I don't watch TV because the propaganda is like a constant stream of bile being spewed into my living room, but it amazes me that you have such a lack of facts to offer.   ::)

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 08:33:15 PM

Where did you read about creating immunity and stopping spread?

We are all, (except you, it appears,) bombarded with such information on a regular basis in depth and detail.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on January 10, 2021, 07:47:35 PM
All the UK approved vaccines have been tested on thousands of people and proved to be effective in increasing immunity. They're also thought to be effective in stopping the spread of infection. To me, it seems like a no brainer to be vaccinated when it's offered — probably autumn for us...
How effective?  100%?  1%?
Where did you read about creating immunity and stopping spread?  I read that they actually just inhibit the symptoms, and nothing else, and therefore do not stop any spread at all.

T00ts

I heard a very scary theory from a scientist the other day that suggested that the virus could mutate within the body of those vaccinated with the single dose as it gets comfortable within the body and the effect of the single dose reduces.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2021, 05:49:21 PM
Its hoped by taking the vaccine that  transmission will eventually be  reigned in . Its not that as a healthy person you are pretty safe from a bad infection but that you wont pass it on to someone who might die from it .

Hell I dont know whats going on  but  I wouldnt like to think by saying Im all right jack some poor bastard  carts it .  Im taking the vaccine .
In practice, vaccines won't reign anything in, for various reasons.  Firstly, I've seen no evidence they stop transmission.  2nd, viruses apparently mutate a lot, so you would need a new vaccine each time.  3rd, a vaccine for one virus may INCREASE your susceptibility to a different strain (as shown in research, known as viral interference).  4th, how can you pass a virus onto someone who might die from it, if they take the vaccine (assuming it even worked)?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 10, 2021, 07:47:35 PM
All the UK approved vaccines have been tested on thousands of people and proved to be effective in increasing immunity. They're also thought to be effective in stopping the spread of infection. To me, it seems like a no brainer to be vaccinated when it's offered — probably autumn for us...

The problem being there are far too many people in Britain with no brains.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Because despite all the bullshit nothing else has worked and if you are a panic buyer which is just about the same as saying feck you this is about me, you deserve a good jab.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM
It's a short and sweet question.  Why would a healthy person, with no significant health conditions, take a Covid vaccine, and in particular, the mRNA one, which is categorised as experimental.

Because they are sensible.

Streetwalker

Its hoped by taking the vaccine that  transmission will eventually be  reigned in . Its not that as a healthy person you are pretty safe from a bad infection but that you wont pass it on to someone who might die from it .

Hell I dont know whats going on  but  I wouldnt like to think by saying Im all right jack some poor bastard  carts it .  Im taking the vaccine .