Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 12:45:50 PM
There's plenty of time.  An experimental mRNA vaccine could have consequences many years down the line.As far as I'm concerned, the SARS-COV2 has been such a massive load of nonsense, in terms of facts about lethality and measures to stop it, that I don't accept a word they say about any new strain.  Maybe they've cried wolf too many times, and we will all be eaten, but I'll take that risk.

Have you not experienced anyone near to you having it? Perhaps you will concede when it bites you on the butt!  Dancing

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on January 10, 2021, 11:14:51 PM
The vaccine hasn't killed too many people yet.
There's plenty of time.  An experimental mRNA vaccine could have consequences many years down the line.
Then there's the South African version which has a different RNA spike profile and could circumvent the new vaccines.
As far as I'm concerned, the SARS-COV2 has been such a massive load of nonsense, in terms of facts about lethality and measures to stop it, that I don't accept a word they say about any new strain.  Maybe they've cried wolf too many times, and we will all be eaten, but I'll take that risk.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2021, 09:30:31 AM

He's starting UV irradiation of blood of infected patients using that modified dialysis machine in Funchal this month - I await his findings with interest...

So do I.  That British research establishment neither of us can mention is I suspect after correspondence I had from them, carrying out similar research.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 09:20:56 AM
According the scientists commenting on it continuous testing. Apparently people who had caught Covid -19 have varying  times they have immunity. (Research on going.) So their advice is even if you have recovered from Covid-19 you still need vaccinating.) A few  unfortunates have caught Covid-19 twice.

The latest advice from my pal with the letters FRS after his name is I should be good to at least march.

He's starting UV irradiation of blood of infected patients using that modified dialysis machine in Funchal this month - I await his findings with interest...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2021, 09:14:15 AM

But is it science, or profiteering.

According the scientists commenting on it continuous testing. Apparently people who had caught Covid -19 have varying  times they have immunity. (Research on going.) So their advice is even if you have recovered from Covid-19 you still need vaccinating.) A few  unfortunates have caught Covid-19 twice.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 09:09:11 AM
That advice is the same worldwide. (Been repeated on British TV news umpteen times.)

But is it science, or profiteering.

If my serum antibody levels are already at or near the level this vaccine will create in an uninfected person after the medically recommended dosages are given and a period left for the stuff to do its work, what is the point ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2021, 09:04:59 AM

And if I emigrate to the USA anytime soon I'll bear what thevCDC says for US citizens in mind.

That advice is the same worldwide. (Been repeated on British TV news umpteen times.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 11, 2021, 07:47:44 AM
You have answered your own question Scotty
''Ive seen no evidence they stop transmission''
''How can you pass on the virus onto someone who might die from it .if they take the vaccine ?

So the more that take it the better for all 

As I say I dont know, Im not a epidemiologist

However
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

Well the NHS want my blood to extract from it the plasma antibodies that destroy the virus.

I'm having a hard time understanding how RNA fragments that might be knocking about in my various orifices (source Northern Ireland Health Services Report about 3 months ago) and have been proven by them to be incapable of breaching the cell membrane are contagious ...

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 08:16:46 AM
They will still need to be vaccinated:-

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We won't know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

And if I emigrate to the USA anytime soon I'll bear what thevCDC says for US citizens in mind.

I'll worry about needing it if I see my antibody levels drop. A GP or NHS jerk who invites me for a jab and doesn't first suggest an antibody test is going to get very short shrift.

Especially if they're pushing the Pfizer jab...

cromwell

Well from being a kid had the polio vaccine,diphtheria and quite a few others,didn't catch any of those so I guess they work.

Being an old git if I catch the corona odds on that's my lot so when offered I'll be having it pronto,so if that causes a reaction and I die from the vaccine that's tough because either way not having it more likely to be terminal.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

People who have recently had the virus will not need to be vaccinated, that is for sure.

They will still need to be vaccinated:-

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We won't know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 08:28:40 PM
In practice, vaccines won't reign anything in, for various reasons.  Firstly, I've seen no evidence they stop transmission.  2nd, viruses apparently mutate a lot, so you would need a new vaccine each time.  3rd, a vaccine for one virus may INCREASE your susceptibility to a different strain (as shown in research, known as viral interference).  4th, how can you pass a virus onto someone who might die from it, if they take the vaccine (assuming it even worked)?

You have answered your own question Scotty
''Ive seen no evidence they stop transmission''
''How can you pass on the virus onto someone who might die from it .if they take the vaccine ?

So the more that take it the better for all 

As I say I dont know, Im not a epidemiologist

However

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM
It's a short and sweet question.  Why would a healthy person, with no significant health conditions, take a Covid vaccine, and in particular, the mRNA one, which is categorised as experimental.

(Don Lab Coat Mode)

Because they have discussed the matter with someone with a life science / medical degree they trust, who has honestly laid down the risks and percentages and they have on that basis come to a rational decision one way or the other

(Removes Lab Coat)

Now, if anyone who is not a member, former member, friend or associate (In the membership sense) of a professional body or learned society thinks they have had that level of unbiased advice, I've got this bridge for sale, and eighty million quids worth of Nigerian gold my mate their defence minister wants a hand exporting.....

As a COVID SURVIVOR no one is sticking any bloody vaccine in me until they first show me the result of an antibody test that shows my natural immunity has reduced to a non functional level

Even then you can take the Pfizer 'vaccine' and shove it because it has caused recipients to suffer anaphylaxis. I've experienced that twice, once in the street when I was stung in the neck aged about 22 and again on the operating table under a local for an eye operation where I threw a reaction to one of the chemicals used in the process about five years ago.

My youngest won't be having it for the same reason, peanut allergy anaphylaxis.

If my immune system does fall to a level where it seems I am once again susceptible, I shall request the Oxford vaccine on the grounds I understand how they make such vaccines, and that they have been doing it that way for over a century.

These are personal choices that bias my view for clear medical and intellectual reasons. From my undergraduate years I understand the principle on which the mRNA "vaccine" works but I have no idea what the message encodes, which cells in which organs it targets, or how on earth it is transported into the cell to interact with the endoplasmic reticulum to synthesise the target protein.

Perhaps if a presentation, dedicated to providing information without bias, set at the intellectual level BBC2 used when making its Horizon programmes that explained the tricarboxylic acid cycle, the electron transport chain and the structure and function of lysozyme in the mid 70s, were available, I might watch them and understand the mechanism and be less sceptical.

I cannot see impartial scientific studies being published at that level of engagement anytime soon.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, I have had this pox not once but twice. The first time it barely did anything except make me fatigued and put me off my food, but it left me with a clear loss of brute strength and aerobic capacity.

The second time it hit harder, royally screwed my respiratory, digestive and circulatory system, took me to a physical limit I've been before but hate revisiting as one of these days I won't have the emergency reserves I've always found so far , and "did something to my mind" (see my post in the religion and spirituality section"

I have no idea what a third round of it would do....

I have in my posts on my experience tried to be honest. I have explained as best I can I have a genetic quirk that makes my haemoglobin work like a Sherpas us the best way I can put it. It has on multiple occasions kept me alert, conscious and fully functional when others would have passed out or died. I am convinced the relatively easy time I had compared to others I know was due at least in some measure to this quirk. I know, because I took measurements, that it strained my system and dropped both my blood pressure and blood glucose below levels I should have needed hospitalisation but did not. Well, I did not get any and my request for a GP to review my physical condition after I came out of this was denied......

Barry

I suppose the narrative is that those healthy people, not at risk, will take the vaccine to protect the vulnerable, by not passing it on.
I can see this argument may be flawed, so it is definitely best to vaccinate the  vulnerable first.
The vaccine hasn't killed too many people yet.

People who have recently had the virus will not need to be vaccinated, that is for sure. They will have better immunity than the vaccine can give.

Then there's the South African version which has a different RNA spike profile and could circumvent the new vaccines.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on January 10, 2021, 10:03:14 PM
I agree with you entirely and have little faith in any wonder drug or government assurances that it will cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. But if I don't take it Madam will give me terminal earache, so I don't have a lot of choice.
I wish that I was a Labour party supporter. Keir Starmer seems particularly keen that everyone should have the jab and I would take great pleasure in not voting for the little shit. But I won't be anyway, so that is me buggered.
It's a tough choice.  Terminal earache or numb face. At least with a numb face, you'll be protected from the earache.   ;)
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.