Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 06:32:43 PM
Why do you suppose they are mass vaccinating the elderly/infirm first? We are the experiment before they get to the 'young ones'.
It seems logical to start with the elderly, because many younger people would object on grounds that there is no reason for it.  About a 3rd of people said they don't want a vaccine.  Many of the elderly cannot defend themselves and depend on advice from doctors, many of whom have incentives to vaccinate.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 06:11:08 PM
Obviously there has to be a first 30,000.  I mean never BEFORE, so we have no idea what the long term effects will be.

Why do you suppose they are mass vaccinating the elderly/infirm first? We are the experiment before they get to the 'young ones'.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 04:31:55 PM
All the covid-19 vaccines licenced for use in the UK were tried on 30000 human volunteers first.
Obviously there has to be a first 30,000.  I mean never BEFORE, so we have no idea what the long term effects will be.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on January 11, 2021, 05:43:31 PM
Suffice to say I don't think that much of Hancock .....
But in fairness to all involved the vaccination program is way ahead of Europe so well done to all involved.
Hancock is having to implement decisions OK'd by cabinet. Had he been part of a more able cabinet, it's likely decisions would have been timely and more effective...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Suffice to say I don't think that much of Hancock .....
But in fairness to all involved the vaccination program is way ahead of Europe so well done to all involved.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 04:28:06 PM
I do agree, but especially regarding the mRNA, I would be a little more cautious about an experimental vaccine, which has never been used on humans before (or animals).

All the covid-19 vaccines licenced for use in the UK were tried on 30000 human volunteers first.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 04:18:34 PM
There are with ANY vaccine.
I do agree, but especially regarding the mRNA, I would be a little more cautious about an experimental vaccine, which has never been used on humans before (or animals).

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2021, 04:10:39 PM
Most epidemics only last a year or so, which means that by the time everyone has had their jab this foolishness will be over and we will be looking for something else to panic over.
If it only lasts a year, (I would say it ended by June, so I sort of agree), then why do we need a vaccine at all?  A year is up.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 04:16:51 PM
just pointing out some potential risks.

There are with ANY vaccine. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 03:40:24 PM
In how many millions?
No millions.  Out of 73,000.  About 1 in 9,000.  That's just some evidence of the effects.  There may be much more, it may take years to know.  I'm not saying these are conclusively dangerous vaccines, just pointing out some potential risks.  And we don't know how severe the cases were.

Borchester

Most epidemics only last a year or so, which means that by the time everyone has had their jab this foolishness will be over and we will be looking for something else to panic over.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on January 11, 2021, 03:14:44 PM
That's how it can now be reasonably confidently reported that there's no connection between the four cases and the vaccine...
That's 8 cases.

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 03:01:40 PM
That's not easy to answer, because how would you prove causation?  However, there is this: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/fda-staff-recommends-watching-for-bells-palsy-in-moderna-and-pfizer-vaccine-recipients.html
That's how it can now be reasonably confidently reported that there's no connection between the four cases and the vaccine...