Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 02:58:25 PM
I saw Jeremy Corbyn's brother (Piers?) leading a group yet again declaring his opposition to masks, lockdowns and goodness knows what else.

In amongst a mixture of looney tunes from all political persuasions and none.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 02:31:45 PM
Really?

Really. It is the sort of fake news people should be jailed for.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 02:58:25 PM
I'm afraid Thomas that it is breaking my heart at the moment to hear and see so many people not prepared to hear or even recognise other points of view on anything.

its been a longtime in the making toots , and lets be honest here , we are reaping what we have sown.

I don't believe in blind obedience, but there are times when the proof is undeniable, and I feel that we should be able to act for the greater good

We arent acting for the greater good regarding covid lockdowns are we?As has been discussed ad nauseum , the greater part of society is suffering for a minority.

Anyway , we are where we are , but talking about no believeing in blind obedience , what do you think of this post regarding asking the question is it ethical to impede the natural progression of viruses and the building up of natural immunity?

Rapid Response:
Is it ethical to impede access to natural immunity? The case of SARS-CoV2

QuoteDear Editor

If children, young adults and others can mount their own effective immune response to SARS-CoV2, is it ethical to impede their ability to access natural immunity by interfering with the natural progression of the virus?

According to the WHO, "Illness due to COVID-19 infection is generally mild, especially for children and young adults."[1]

Is the focus on future fast-tracked vaccine products blocking full consideration of the opportunity for natural herd immunity? Who is Neil Ferguson to say "The only exit strategy [in the] long term for this is really vaccination or other forms of innovative technology that allows us to control transmission".[2]

In regards to young people's and others' right to natural immunity, it's also vital to consider the startling admission by Heidi Larson, Director of The Vaccine Confidence Project, during the recent WHO Global Vaccine Safety Summit, i.e. "...We've shifted the human population...to dependency on vaccine-induced immunity...We're in a very fragile state now. We have developed a world that is dependent on vaccinations".[3]

This is a very alarming statement by Professor Larson, particularly with the prospect of other epidemics emerging in the future. We have to learn to deal with epidemics and illnesses as they emerge, it's not feasible to vaccinate the global population against every threat.

In a recent article raising concern about making decisions about this pandemic without reliable data, John Ioannidis notes that "School closures may also diminish the chances of developing herd immunity in an age group that is spared serious disease".[4] The UK's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, raised the prospect of developing natural herd immunity[5], but this idea was subsequently howled down by Matt Hancock, the UK secretary of state for health and social care[6], and others such as Willem van Schaik, a professor of microbiology and infection, as reported by the Science Media Centre.[7]   

Again, is it ethical to deny children, young people and others their opportunity for natural immunity, and to plan to make them dependent on vaccine-induce immunity, to in effect make them dependent on the vaccine industry?

This is even more serious to consider in light of emerging vaccine product failures, e.g. pertussis and mumps.

The international community must be assured that independent and objective thinkers are carefully considering the way ahead on this matter.

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1089/rr-6
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 02:42:47 PM
Do you ever notice with labour supporters toots , that they all despise the uk population?

I thought it was just in scotland , but i can clearly see since brexit and labours failure to win elections that it really is uk wide.

What a stance to take , name calling the very people you want to vote for you.

Back on topic , pappy tells us he is a regular visitor to france , yet is too busy frothing and name calling the uk populace that he makes no mention of the fact the french are the biggest anti vaccers in europe.

I'm afraid Thomas that it is breaking my heart at the moment to hear and see so many people not prepared to hear or even recognise other points of view on anything. It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is but there is someone prepared to stop all other viewpoints and prepared to make their point prevail no matter the consequences. I saw Jeremy Corbyn's brother (Piers?) leading a group yet again declaring his opposition to masks, lockdowns and goodness knows what else.

I don't believe in blind obedience, but there are times when the proof is undeniable, and I feel that we should be able to act for the greater good. It is something that is fast vanishing. Thank goodness this time once again the silent majority has seen what  is needed and acted with their educated judgement regardless of their usual political notions. Intimidation, name calling and downright lies to hold sway over sensible free thinking members of society seems to be the MO and I find it quite despicable.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 02:31:45 PM
Really?

Do you ever notice with labour supporters toots , that they all despise the uk population?

I thought it was just in scotland , but i can clearly see since brexit and labours failure to win elections that it really is uk wide.

What a stance to take , name calling the very people you want to vote for you.

Back on topic , pappy tells us he is a regular visitor to france , yet is too busy frothing and name calling the uk populace that he makes no mention of the fact the french are the biggest anti vaccers in europe.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 01:54:19 PM
The problem in Britain is there are a significant proportion of stupid, intransigent thick bastards in the population.
The latest stupidity appears to be that Covid-19 vaccine makes men sterile.

Really?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 01:54:19 PM
The problem in Britain is there are a significant proportion of stupid, intransigent thick bastards in the population.
That won't happen to me.
I'm not a Covid denier, either. I question the lockdown response.
I'm also fairly immune to psy-ops.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 01:46:29 PM
I have found it really hard to understand some people's denial of Covid and read a couple of things in the last few days which go some way to explain it. I think it was in America, needless to say, that medics there have known people dying to still insist that Covid is a myth, but apparently there is a mental process where there is such fear that denial is actually a self preservation construct.

That makes sense.

'Denial is a coping mechanism that gives you time to adjust to distressing situations %u2014 but staying in denial can interfere with treatment or your ability to tackle challenges. If you're in denial, you're trying to protect yourself by refusing to accept the truth about something that's happening in your life.'

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 01:46:29 PM

'Denial is a coping mechanism that gives you time to adjust to distressing situations  but staying in denial can interfere with treatment or your ability to tackle challenges. If you're in denial, you're trying to protect yourself by refusing to accept the truth about something that's happening in your life.'

Ot toots , do you think this applies to gerry regarding brexit as well?

:D

T00ts

I have found it really hard to understand some people's denial of Covid and read a couple of things in the last few days which go some way to explain it. I think it was in America, needless to say, that medics there have known people dying to still insist that Covid is a myth, but apparently there is a mental process where there is such fear that denial is actually a self preservation construct.

That makes sense.

'Denial is a coping mechanism that gives you time to adjust to distressing situations  but staying in denial can interfere with treatment or your ability to tackle challenges. If you're in denial, you're trying to protect yourself by refusing to accept the truth about something that's happening in your life.'

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 16, 2021, 01:14:04 PM
It's scary, however, just as with masks, there will be exemptions, and ultimately court cases, because under the Nuremberg Code (and now European law) you cannot force or coerce someone into a medical intervention.  Cases are being prepared as we speak, regarding the evidence of a Covid virus, PCR tests, etc.

They are not forcing anyone into medical intervention . They are just saying your going to be restricted a social outcast  if you don't

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2021, 11:14:32 AM
Looks like if you want to be part of the greater society you will have to take the vaccine .  You wont get on a plane , walk through the door of a pub or even get a job  without a having the jab
It's scary, however, just as with masks, there will be exemptions, and ultimately court cases, because under the Nuremberg Code (and now European law) you cannot force or coerce someone into a medical intervention.  Cases are being prepared as we speak, regarding the evidence of a Covid virus, PCR tests, etc.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 08:21:07 PM
It seems logical to start with the elderly, because many younger people would object on grounds that there is no reason for it.  About a 3rd of people said they don't want a vaccine.  Many of the elderly cannot defend themselves and depend on advice from doctors, many of whom have incentives to vaccinate.

Looks like if you want to be part of the greater society you will have to take the vaccine .  You wont get on a plane , walk through the door of a pub or even get a job  without a having the jab

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on January 11, 2021, 01:01:31 PM
Glad to see a least some scepticism.  There's nothing worse then people who are incapable of questioning the 'official narrative'.  Does it concern you that the government is protecting the vaccine companies from all liability for both vaccines, and does that not ring any alarm bells for you?

Not really. I'm used to working in conditions where Crown Immunity means the government are untouchable.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>