Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on March 03, 2021, 11:35:24 AM
Just read that 200,000 NHS staff have declined the vaccinations.
Why would they possibly not want it? Haven't we all been protecting the NHS for a year?
Why won't those 200,000 help protect themselves?
It might be that there's no evidence it stops transmission, so who would it protect?  It's good news.  It makes it much harder for the NHS to penalise them.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Just read that 200,000 NHS staff have declined the vaccinations.
Why would they possibly not want it? Haven't we all been protecting the NHS for a year?
Why won't those 200,000 help protect themselves?
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

"Norway adjusts Covid vaccine advice for doctors after admitting they 'cannot rule out' side effects from the jab were behind 23 deaths in 'elderly, frail' patients"

"The country's medicines agency reported today that of these fatalities, 13 have been autopsied and showed signs of suffering side effects such as fever and nausea.

"All of these patients had recently received the jab and were nursing home residents over the age of 80."

"The agency noted that clinical trials of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine 'did not include patients with unstable or acute illness"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9151341/Norway-adjusts-advice-vaccine-deaths-isnt-alarmed.html

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2021, 06:25:55 PM
at a wild stab, the majority do want it and are queueing up to get it.
Wild stab indeed.   ;)  Majority maybe, but not overwhelming.  Last poll I saw was that a third won't take it.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 17, 2021, 04:33:04 PM

The vaccine has turned  up maybe a couple of months too late for my pal next door  . You will have to forgive me for thinking anyone that refuses it is a selfish bastard

That is me. Madam wants me to take the shot and so I will. But as to the wishes and opinions of others, well, they have my full authority to go away and eat shit.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 17, 2021, 06:15:32 PM
I beg to differ.  The whole point of the Nuremberg Code is to give people that choice, and if enough people said no, then it could not be enforced or coerced.  You seem very defeatist.  I think our forefathers would be turning in their graves.

No they wouldn't , they would be in line for the vaccine

Sheepy

Call it what you like, I am not telling the network what they can and cannot say and do, just as I am not saying take the vaccine if you don't want it, but at a wild stab, the majority do want it and are queueing up to get it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2021, 06:05:00 PM
But what we are saying is we have no choice but vaccinate people
I beg to differ.  The whole point of the Nuremberg Code is to give people that choice, and if enough people said no, then it could not be enforced or coerced.  You seem very defeatist.  I think our forefathers would be turning in their graves.

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on January 17, 2021, 05:38:22 PM
Nuremberg Code (1947):
"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision."

"Among the COVID-19 vaccines are a number of RNA vaccines under development to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and some have received emergency use authorization."

Emergency Use Authorization:
"It does not constitute approval of the drug in the full statutory meaning of the term, but instead authorizes FDA to facilitate availability of an unapproved product, or an unapproved use of an approved product, during a declared state of emergency... ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine#Experimental

I believe the Nuremberg Code was agreed for a good reason, maybe to protect the public from people who say things like: people refusing a vaccines are selfish bastards.  It seems those Germans were quite ordinary people, and a lot of them are about, here and now.
Nobody is saying a lot of it isn't as dodgy as feck Scott, because we have had every dodgy expert in the world trying to pin the tail on the donkey and without doubt the media has spread fear with every dodgy story and every dodgy expert they could find, while in desperation to find a story. But what we are saying is we have no choice but vaccinate people even though I have said all along we don't know if it will work, but we do know everything put out as the miracle cure hasn't. I don't like being in this position anymore than anyone else. We know full well nobody has been telling the whole truth from day one, but alas that is beside the point. Maybe apart from Boris when he said people will die. That is an unavoidable fact.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Nuremberg Code (1947):
"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision."

"Among the COVID-19 vaccines are a number of RNA vaccines under development to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and some have received emergency use authorization."

Emergency Use Authorization:
"It does not constitute approval of the drug in the full statutory meaning of the term, but instead authorizes FDA to facilitate availability of an unapproved product, or an unapproved use of an approved product, during a declared state of emergency... ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine#Experimental

I believe the Nuremberg Code was agreed for a good reason, maybe to protect the public from people who say things like: people refusing a vaccines are selfish bastards.  It seems those Germans were quite ordinary people, and a lot of them are about, here and now.

papasmurf

You will have to forgive me for thinking anyone that refuses it is a selfish bastard

I agree.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

My next door neighbour is a guy aged 98  .A month  ago I was sitting with him ,he was a enjoying the football on the telly , having a laugh  talking of times past and remembering the wife he lost 20 odd years ago with a tear in his eye ..We  talked , he was enjoying his life and joked of  getting to the ton .

He went to the hospital for a check up , they didnt like his breathing and they kept him in for a couple of days . He caught covid .  Yesterday  they sent him home , he had survived . Well sort of , he can't feed himself ,his head hangs on his chest and he has to wear a nappy . He wasnt too clever this morning and the carer called the doc , he has just been taken away , the doc says he will have to stay in hospital  from now on .  Ill probably not see him again .

The vaccine has turned  up maybe a couple of months too late for my pal next door  . You will have to forgive me for thinking anyone that refuses it is a selfish bastard
Well, that's unfortunate, but it can be serious when a 98 year-old gets the flu, just as with Covid.  How did they know he had Covid?  But if it had been the flu, would you call everyone who refuses a flu vaccine a selfish bastard?  How about all the people who drive cars?  I don't drive, so I'm doing my bit to protect people from accidents (according to your logic).  Do you drive, and should I call you a selfish bastard for it, given that a child might run out into the road and be killed?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 17, 2021, 03:25:09 PM
I said coerced.

My next door neighbour is a guy aged 98  .A month  ago I was sitting with him ,he was a enjoying the football on the telly , having a laugh  talking of times past and remembering the wife he lost 20 odd years ago with a tear in his eye ..We  talked , he was enjoying his life and joked of  getting to the ton .

He went to the hospital for a check up , they didnt like his breathing and they kept him in for a couple of days . He caught covid .  Yesterday  they sent him home , he had survived . Well sort of , he cant feed himself ,his head hangs on his chest and he has to wear a nappy . He wasnt too clever this morning and the carer called the doc , he has just been taken away , the doc says he will have to stay in hospital  from now on .  Ill probably not see him again .

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 02:58:25 PM
I don't believe in blind obedience, but there are times when the proof is undeniable, and I feel that we should be able to act for the greater good.
Can I just point out that no one has yet provided any proof that there is now an epidemic of Covid in the UK.  There is, however, evidence to show otherwise.