Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on April 27, 2021, 09:21:44 AM
This is all rather more interesting than whether Boris said Jack S..
I overestimated the width of the body, underestimated the mass of the fatties and I also forgot to work out the reduction in g according to height. But either way it's a big ugly mess, and illustrates why it's better to have a few open fires in Delhi creating ashes. No one needs a pile of corpses.
I am sure Scott will be along later to tell us there are already a growing number of medical professionals who have worked out, there very many reasons not to take the vaccine. Apparently, those who have had the vaccine can cause adverse effects in those who haven't. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

This is all rather more interesting than whether Boris said Jack S..
I overestimated the width of the body, underestimated the mass of the fatties and I also forgot to work out the reduction in g according to height. But either way it's a big ugly mess, and illustrates why it's better to have a few open fires in Delhi creating ashes. No one needs a pile of corpses.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on April 26, 2021, 06:45:21 PM
Quite a few were obese so if you allow 2 feet per body, 70,000 feet - 13 and 1/4 miles.
However the pressure at the bottom of the pile would be 35,000 x 140 divided by 6x12x12 lbs/sq inch (5671 LB/Sq inch) about 2.5 tons per square inch
Borchester will confirm my maths, I can do it in Kg/Sq cm if you like.  Puke

I have just come out of hospital and and so tanked up on drugs that I can't count up to 21 without taking my trousers off. So I will go with Barry's figures.

Except, speaking as the forum's resident fattie, would not the depth of a prone body be more like 15 inches than 2 feet?
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on April 26, 2021, 06:45:21 PM
Quite a few were obese so if you allow 2 feet per body, 70,000 feet - 13 and 1/4 miles.
However the pressure at the bottom of the pile would be 35,000 x 140 divided by 6x12x12 lbs/sq inch (5671 LB/Sq inch) about 2.5 tons per square inch

What's that 140 ? If you're relying on obesity the weight in pounds is a damn sight more than 10 stone.

I suspect the pile would he about one third as high caused by compression...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on April 26, 2021, 06:15:38 PM
I was thinking, how high would a pile of 35,000 bodies reach?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on April 26, 2021, 03:46:31 PM
No they don't.

If it was a 100%, world wide lockdown then well, maybe. But otherwise that is us all well f**ked. Right now, if I have a serious session where I happily spray snot on all and sundry, there is a good chance that some of it will reach you. And because those bloody silly masks only work for bacteria and are no use against the Chinese flu which is a virus, you will probably have a similar fit and honk enough to give your mates in Brittany a dose.

This lockdown lark is like the old days where folk tore up the bedsheets and boiled water. Waste of time but it gave people the sense that they were doing something.
I was thinking, how high would a pile of 35,000 bodies reach?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 26, 2021, 05:22:09 PM
They never have piled high, have they? Undertakers were never under severe pressure and funerals were only slightly delayed as they are in the winter rushes.
Whatever you say, Pat, whatever you say. Keep supporting the government and their SAGE inspired science.
Winter rushes, or bull rushes, the UK experienced a surge after the Summer relaxation, but re-imposing lockdown kept the infection rate down.
I'm generally a Conservative supporter, though I think Johnson's govt was wrong in initially ignoring Covid's danger and was late in introducing restrictions and recommendations. Johnson's gamble of splurging billions on vaccine orders has paid off both politically for him and healthwise for the UK. I'm happy Sage personnel appear to agree with and support what I understand from other informed sources...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on April 26, 2021, 03:23:43 PM
I've donned my wellies, so I'll step in among the copious piles of sheep droppings to pose a question: Are you one of those who'd rather let the bodies pile high in their thousands than impose lock downs?
They never have piled high, have they? Undertakers were never under severe pressure and funerals were only slightly delayed as they are in the winter rushes.

QuoteLock downs work. And so do vaccines, but they don't cancel the need for lock downs until at least 60% of populations in the more crowded regions have been vaccinated to provide some herd immunity. Even then, 70% is generally thought a preferable proportion — and the UK is not even at 50%.
Why do I believe this? It's the general opinion expressed in the number of scientific and business journals I read in my working life, and I pay more attention to them for factual information.   
Political commentary and journalism, on the other hand, just indicates the political actions and decisions that are likely, not the most beneficial...
Whatever you say, Pat, whatever you say. Keep supporting the government and their SAGE inspired science.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on April 26, 2021, 04:06:08 PM
Neither is true.  Explain Florida and Sweden.  The fact is the virus peaked last year, then became like any other flu.
I'm not familiar with Florida or Sweden other than newspapers reported Sweden initially ignored the general line on Covid.
In the UK, flu was much less over the 2020-21 winter due to the Covid restrictions and the increase in flu vaccination from September on...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on April 26, 2021, 03:46:31 PM
No they don't.

If it was a 100%, world wide lockdown then well, maybe. But otherwise that is us all well f**ked. Right now, if I have a serious session where I happily spray snot on all and sundry, there is a good chance that some of it will reach you. And because those bloody silly masks only work for bacteria and are no use against the Chinese flu which is a virus, you will probably have a similar fit and honk enough to give your mates in Brittany a dose.

This lockdown lark is like the old days where folk tore up the bedsheets and boiled water. Waste of time but it gave people the sense that they were doing something.
I'll stick with what I understand from the reports carried by the journals I read — ie, nothing will guarantee 100% protection from Covid-19, but lockdowns, mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, etc, vaccines each add to the protection sum.
For that reason, I do all that's recommended where it's possible, and will probably continue to do so until several weeks after I've/we've been vaccinated and the country fully opens up — whichever comes later...

Scott777

Lock downs work. And so do vaccines,
Neither is true.  Explain Florida and Sweden.  The fact is the virus peaked last year, then became like any other flu.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

Lock downs work.

No they don't.

If it was a 100%, world wide lockdown then well, maybe. But otherwise that is us all well fucked. Right now, if I have a serious session where I happily spray snot on all and sundry, there is a good chance that some of it will reach you. And because those bloody silly masks only work for bacteria and are no use against the Chinese flu which is a virus, you will probably have a similar fit and honk enough to give your mates in Brittany a dose.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 26, 2021, 10:45:29 AM
It makes me angry to read that, but Covid and lockdowns have become a religion and we have a few converts on here.
Like I postured in another thread, the government should say, you've been vaxed - do as you wish.
Political cowards, so they are.
I've donned my wellies, so I'll step in among the copious piles of sheep droppings to pose a question: Are you one of those who'd rather let the bodies pile high in their thousands than impose lock downs? 

Lock downs work. And so do vaccines, but they don't cancel the need for lock downs until at least 60% of populations in the more crowded regions have been vaccinated to provide some herd immunity. Even then, 70% is generally thought a preferable proportion — and the UK is not even at 50%.
Why do I believe this? It's the general opinion expressed in the number of scientific and business journals I read in my working life, and I pay more attention to them for factual information.   
Political commentary and journalism, on the other hand, just indicates the political actions and decisions that are likely, not the most beneficial...

Sheepy

It makes me angry to read that, but Covid and lockdowns have become a religion and we have a few converts on here.
Like I postured in another thread, the government should say, you've been vaxed - do as you wish.
Well I guess it must have been some of those Sheep droppings that keep getting under Pats nose.

Scott777

Cowards, or profiteers and power grabbers???  Matt Wancock has shares in Porton Biopharma which develops vaccines.  He's so happy at how easily people do what they are told.  His wallet will be very content.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.