Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 09:29:57 AM
The point im making scott is if you are going to listen to any external opinion , wether or not you agree with them or even trust them , your gp should be that person , not some hysterical muppet on the internet , or the worlds best loved most impartial organisation that never ever tells lies or spreads misifinformation , the holier than thou bbc.

Doctors in general have fallen from grace over any years in my family for many reasons non covid. Once upon a time it was the wee middle class guy who used to come out to your house with his brieface when you had tonsilitus , to the modern locum you get your five seconds with down the local practice who can barely be arsed listening to your ills.

I could write a book , and so could many ohthers , of the fall in standards of the holier than thou nhs , that long predates the current tory administration , and well remember many issues under labour governments , the friends of the people. ( no laughing at the back please.)
True.

Time was when I was so terrified of the devoted bollockings Doctors Sutcliffe and Newman handed out that I did not dare think about dying. But nowadays? I went to see the quack recently and when she asked what was wrong and I said that was up to her to find out, she just sighed and referred me to somewhere else. Isaac or Marion would have kicked my arse from the Latchmere, up Battersea Rise and onto Wimbledon Common.

These modern doctors mean well, but they have lost the ability to instill respectful terror into their patients
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 10:15:07 AM
:D

Including you , i , and steve funnily enough.

Some people need to recognise when you wrestle with a pig , we all go in the sty and get dirty , rather than deluding themselves into thinking they are angels with impeccable morals and holy intentions.

The cult of Covid. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 21, 2022, 09:43:38 AM
And posters on here. :)
:D

Including you , i , and steve funnily enough.

Some people need to recognise when you wrestle with a pig , we all go in the sty and get dirty , rather than deluding themselves into thinking they are angels with impeccable morals and holy intentions.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 20, 2022, 11:03:53 PM
Unless it can be accurately measured. But even accurately measured facts can be used to convey a false reality just by supplying them selectively and omitting the one's that don't suit the chosen agenda. All politicians and journalists do this to at least some extent.
And posters on here. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on January 21, 2022, 09:14:57 AM
Just be careful with your GP.  Maybe, if your know them well, and you know there is no financial incentive, go for it.
The point im making scott is if you are going to listen to any external opinion , wether or not you agree with them or even trust them , your gp should be that person , not some hysterical muppet on the internet , or the worlds best loved most impartial organisation that never ever tells lies or spreads misifinformation , the holier than thou bbc.

Doctors in general have fallen from grace over any years in my family for many reasons non covid. Once upon a time it was the wee middle class guy who used to come out to your house with his brieface when you had tonsilitus , to the modern locum you get your five seconds with down the local practice who can barely be arsed listening to your ills.

I could write a book , and so could many ohthers , of the fall in standards of the holier than thou nhs , that long predates the current tory administration , and well remember many issues under labour governments , the friends of the people. ( no laughing at the back please.)

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 08:44:37 AM
Taking the vaccine should be down to two individuals only , the person and their gp. They should discuss and make the informed decision.

Just be careful with your GP.  Maybe, if your know them well, and you know there is no financial incentive, go for it.  In London, you don't get a specific GP, just a surgery.

Although a pharmacist is not the same thing, they are professionals, and you might expect them to give you proper, honest advice about a treatment.  However, I have evidence that they don't.  One pharmacist was caught in the act, in a secret recording, lying about the vaccine that he was going to inject.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Unless it can be accurately measured. But even accurately measured facts can be used to convey a false reality just by supplying them selectively and omitting the one's that don't suit the chosen agenda. All politicians and journalists do this to at least some extent.
i have said this a million times steve , there is no such thing as impartiality in my opinion. Everything you read or hear has an element of bias within it from the individual or organistation imparting a view.

When you have an organisation like the bbc trying to give the impression of impartiality while calling out others for lack of impartiality , thats what i have a problem with.

Human beings now have more information at thier fingertips than any generation in the entire history of mankind. This is a good thing in my opinion , and any competent person should have the ability to sift through information to take a view they personally believe in.

We are all biased ,and all read biased information , and once you accept that truism , you come to see organistions like the bbc and thier so called impartiality for what they are.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 19, 2022, 10:52:03 PM
Probably the equivalent to a drive by shooting but

Should bad science be censored on social media? - BBC News

i did laugh when i saw the credit to the article...
By Rachel Schraer

Health and disinformation reporter

The bbc penning an article on "disinformation" must be the political equivalent of tony blair complaining about boris johnson using disinformation to achieve political goals.( WMD . hundreds of dead uk soldiers , 3 million dead iraqis)

I know though i dont need to tell you that as you , along with myself and many others , have long called out the bbc over many many years for their rabid disinformation , half truths and downright lies on many issues , for example scot indy and brexit.

So its a case of the pot calling the kettle black .

Having said that , we can all agree even on the most rabid of propaganda platforms there can be among all the rubbish the odd article that rings true and fits our personal beliefs.

The second point i want to make is about this "canard" that those refusing to have the vaccine , or against coercion of the vaccine , are somehow village idiots blinded by misinformation. To me  , thats a sweeping untrue generalisation that is being insinuated by the likes of the bbc.

In some cases , it can be true , in others , i have heard and read of many people , including doctors and scientists , who dont agree with many governments stance on mass vaccination regarding covid , as well as many other issues we have seen to do with the virus over the last few years.

Intelligent informed people can hold a stance that differs to governments on covid as well as the misinformed.

On this very forum , while i dont always agree with scott , and barry , like yourself , has been on the opposite side of the universe politically from me on most issues over the years , both have managed to impart compelling arguments and more than hold their own with regard to vaccines and other anti covid measures.

So the reason why people wont take the vaccine , or refuse to agree with the mainstream government view arent as black and white as the bbc etc like to make out.

To me it seems the bbc dont give a fack about misinformation. More the fact , in the modern world , the bbc no longer have the monopoly over what is being broadcast to the plebs , and they dont like it.

Taking the vaccine should be down to two individuals only , the person and their gp. They should discuss and make the informed decision.

The last people i listen to is some cant on the internet or organistations like the bbc when it comes to personal medical interests.

Streetwalker

Maybe fact checking from various sources would work , if all call BS bad science can be removed . Its farcical to me that if someone writes something deemed offensive its gone before the ink dries . Write something that can potentially lead to people dying and it can be shared by millions .

Its a good point though , who watches the watchers ?    

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 20, 2022, 10:51:30 AM
Who checks Nick Clegg and his Facebook and "Full Fact" so called fact checkers? In this post truth society, there are few axioms, only opinions so one man's fact is another woman's myth.
Unless it can be accurately measured. But even accurately measured facts can be used to convey a false reality just by supplying them selectively and omitting the one's that don't suit the chosen agenda. All politicians and journalists do this to at least some extent.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 19, 2022, 10:52:03 PM
Probably the equivalent to a drive by shooting but

Should bad science be censored on social media? - BBC News

Who checks Nick Clegg and his Facebook and "Full Fact" so called fact checkers? In this post truth society, there are few axioms, only opinions so one man's fact is another woman's myth. 
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on January 19, 2022, 10:37:03 PM
"At the High Court on Thursday 13th January, the ONS (Office for National Statistics) confirmed that there has been a significant rise in the death rate for adolescent males over the last eight months, compared to the same time period of 2015-2019.  There have been at least 65 extra deaths in England and Wales,  though the figure may be higher due to reporting delays for coroners cases.  During the same time frame there were only 2 deaths involving Covid."  "The concern is that this time period coincides with the rollout of vaccinations to this age group"

https://www.hartgroup.org/press-release/
The mad scientist did for them then. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Scott777

"At the High Court on Thursday 13th January, the ONS (Office for National Statistics) confirmed that there has been a significant rise in the death rate for adolescent males over the last eight months, compared to the same time period of 2015-2019.  There have been at least 65 extra deaths in England and Wales,  though the figure may be higher due to reporting delays for coroners cases.  During the same time frame there were only 2 deaths involving Covid."  "The concern is that this time period coincides with the rollout of vaccinations to this age group"

https://www.hartgroup.org/press-release/
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Just so it's easy for everyone to understand, vaccines every 4 months is too much (EMA, see link), but your immunity wanes after 2 months.  So, try to get boosted before it wanes, after 2 months, but more than 4 months.  Although we haven't yet found that magic number of months (mainly because it's a number which cannot exist), try to do it anyway, perhaps by using magic, and always do what the experts tell you.  🤣

https://twitter.com/JamesfWells/status/1482003303294803971