Parts of NHS Face Collapse in 3wks/Ambulances: 9hr waits to hand over patients

Started by Dynamis, January 10, 2021, 06:15:15 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 20, 2021, 11:25:33 PM
It sounds like you really need to look after yourself, John.
That hospital sounds like it should be in special measures and it's brand new!

On paper, I am roughly speaking about as battered as the enterprise at the end of the big fight scene before she flies off into the sunset. Shields at 10% and structural integrity failures on multiple decks.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on January 21, 2021, 09:27:25 AM
What caused your fluid and heart problems?  Any connection to Covid, or could any flu have caused the fluid?  And did you notice any special spacing arrangements of beds?

ok several things

The MAU has several large individual "cubicles" with solid walls on three sides. each cubicle is about three metres wide, four mentres deep, has one hospital bed space, and special seats that fold up against the wall,  such as you might see in buses where the disabled seats are, actually bolted to the wall for use by relatives of the patient. All medical facilities (oxygen etc) are plumbed into the back wall, there is a sink and cupboards and cabinets down the side opposite the seats.  The "fourth wall" is a curtain.

The medical staff work at desks and tables sitting in the middle of the ward servicing those individual beds set in individual solid walled cubicles around the sides of the room

Entry is via the top end, with the bottom end reserved for storage, plus waiting areas for patients. These have been chambered off into individual perspex chambers.

Separation is complete.

The MAU at the Gwent was styled in exactly the same way when I was blued and twod into it twelve years ago

This is **NOT** a Covid ward. This is a ward dedicated to immediate diagnostic treatment of serious conditions in patients. The idea is that initial diagnosis is done as fast as possible there, and patients are then redistributed to other wards. I was kept there for the whole duration of my stay and discharged from there, which is unusual but so was my condition.

I (and everyone else) was swabbed on entry, and treated as COVID+ve until otherwise. In my case my prior condition got me immediate release.

Patients arriving who are tested +ve get shunted off and the whole cubicle is deep cleaned. I saw it happen once.

Twelve years ago I suffered the same atrial fibrillation as a result of extreme work stress, extreme home stress, and a van smashing into my car

I got out to take the c***s details, and fell to the ground in the middle of the M4 J28 roundabout.

The c**t told the police i told him I felt ill at the wheel and hit him.

Gwent police have a crack team of accident investigators - they were on BBC1 a while ago - who saw right through his lies

A combination of conditions sends the upper chambers into arrythmia. from then it is a downward spiral to SLOW death

The condition was SORTED OUT ten years ago

It has come back as a totally new case thanks to COVID putting a strain on the heart, and the lungs filling with fluid - a COVID side effect - causing the heart ot be told to overwork

Any number of things might have caused the issue, but the CT scan clearly shows a number of very COVID specific stressors.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 20, 2021, 09:38:32 PM
What caused your fluid and heart problems?  Any connection to Covid, or could any flu have caused the fluid?  And did you notice any special spacing arrangements of beds?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

It sounds like you really need to look after yourself, John.
That hospital sounds like it should be in special measures and it's brand new!
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Well, it's strange the way fate selects it's on the spot reporters

SO I find last Friday the strange breathless feeling i've had since coming out of COVID mutated into taking an hour to recover from the exertion of climbing a flight of stairs to bed

A GP visit on Monday was met by a "we need to rule out the possibility of a pulmonary embolism, get yourself to the new trauma hospital - now"

The Llantarnam Grange Acute Treatment unit, comprising a large A&E unit , dedicated to the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of significant trauma, including reception of all Air Ambulance patients, a maternity and paediatric unit which all maternity and paediatric cases across the county are now directed, and a Main Assessment Unit, which handles admission and diagnosis of seemingly life threatening conditions reported to it by GP's.

It has a large amount of brand new kit. Some too "new" and "integrated" for its own good

It has beds that have state of the art positioning controls, and are the most uncomfortable I have ever had to tolerate. The hospital bed as any whoever had to use one has electric / hydraulic controls allowing the beds to angle the upper, middle and lower areas. But these manage to cause a pressure point directly at the upper fusion point ofg the male pelvis of a 6' 2" man with a 31" inside leg such that sleep is impossible because of the sheer agony and discomfort this causes.

Large numbers of the nursing staff are agency and cannot handle the login to the hand-held devices that replace whatever nurses used to record patients details on

The agency staff logins do not work, meaning agency staff end up using supervisorts logins to record their observations. Any mistakes they make are not going to be recorded under their names

The electronic record is instantly duplicated on paper

Few of the nurses seem able to actually use the blood pressure and heartrate monitoring stations, three who attended me had trouble using the networked blood sugar monitors. One had no idea how to USE a blood sugar monitor - and tested my blood glucose with a ketone test strip. Glucose test strips are all coloured cobalt blue. Ketone strips are dayglo green. A ten year old worked out how to use one. As in, I handed Melissa the thing the other day and she happily ran the test on my blood !

This is madness. As an industrial first aider I know that ambulances had standard equipment stowage. As do Fire engines. A fireman at any station in Gwent, and actually a fireman at any station in the UK, familiar with the equipment layout of a particular fire engine at their home station, should, in the dark, at a shout, be able to find, in any vehicle of the same purpose at a large fire, the same equipment in the same place. The reason why a particular axe, a particular hose reel, a particular hose coupling, a particular air cylinder or a particular first aid kit should be stored in the same place on every fire engine of that type from John O Groats to Lands End should need no explanatin.

To have kit in the newest trauma hospital in gwent that agency staff have clear trouble using for basic tasks is insanity

And None of the corridors are labelled, and all are nondescript, causing me to have a panic attack with claustrophobia as I left. And several of the electronic door locls to not open when the "push to exit" button is operated. Not the "scan your ID card to enter this sensitive area" scanner, the "press this green button to open the doors to leave" button. The porter had to make two diversions. I fear a fire will be a disaster.

The consultant found I have fluid in my lungs, treatable by a "water tablet" that causes diuresis at the cost of thickening the blood, which will need countering with warfarin, as neither of the upper chambers of my heart are functioning properly, which is now being treated with warfarin, to reduce the chance of the blood that is stationary in the heart upper chamber clotting, dropping into the lower chamber, and blocking the lungs or causing a stroke.

The beta blockers have reduced my heartrate and blood pressure. Those who have never had them, consider you are in a car or on a motorbike and someone has limited the accelerator pedal / throttle twist so you're lucky if you can rev the engine beyond 900 rpm.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2021, 07:21:39 PM
I like it

Well yeh.  :D

Quotealthough it might be even better re titled...

Why not just rename the thread to "Tories arseholes, Bojo shit in an iron bucket, Not another NHS Crisis - don't the incompetent bastards ever get anything right?".

Yes no doubt the handlers at Tory HQ Office, Elbowsden & Co Kilburn Branche would be pleased.

:P :D :D

QuoteAnd then we could address the all important question of why all the other alternatives are even worse

Go ahead.

It might even be an interesting discussion compared to this other slew. I'm not pro censorship you see unlike some who want all Pro-Tory posts deleted or all Anti-Tory posts deleted. Both should be allowed same with Lab & mostly all other topics.
+++

Forum admin

Quote from: Dynamis on January 16, 2021, 07:10:30 PM
Yep and when you point this out they just delete your posts or tell you to get to f**k (effectively by PM).

What a load o old shite.

I don't even like labour but a blatant double standard is blatant.

Now they want to move posts criticising the party in govt from my own thread when it's about the govt and the NHS.

Why not just rename my thread to "Tories Good, Bojo Good, NHS Crisis a Plandemic HOAX, Crisis - What Crisis?".

Then we can let the QAnon nutcakes talk to themselves, each other and the voices in their head telling them what to post.
Moderator Notice

As you well know, discussing mod decisions on the open forum is against the forum rules.
You have sent PMs to Cromwell and myself which have been answered - that you don't agree with our replies is tough.

The next time you carp about mod decisions will be your last, so be very careful about replying to this post. My advice would be not to.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2021, 07:21:39 PM
I like it although it might be even better re titled...

Why not just rename the thread to "Tories arseholes, Bojo shit in an iron bucket, Not another NHS Crisis - don't the incompetent bastards ever get anything right?".

And then we could address the all important question of why all the other alternatives are even worse

Two problems. Not sure the header can take a title that long. 

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on January 16, 2021, 07:10:30 PM

Why not just rename my thread to "Tories Good, Bojo Good, NHS Crisis a Plandemic HOAX, Crisis - What Crisis?".

I like it although it might be even better re titled...

And then we could address the all important question of why all the other alternatives are even worse
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Good old on January 16, 2021, 11:50:08 AM
It's not unreasonable  for you to think that Smurf.  I do wonder what the yard stick is for Labour bad, as against Tory good.  I know both   parties  need criticism . Certain people definitely don't.

Yep and when you point this out they just delete your posts or tell you to get to F@@@ (effectively by PM).

What a load o old shite.

I don't even like labour but a blatant double standard is blatant.

Now they want to move posts criticising the party in govt from my own thread when it's about the govt and the NHS.

Then we can let the QAnon nutcakes talk to themselves, each other and the voices in their head telling them what to post.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 16, 2021, 03:53:33 PM
Well, I find it all rather amusing, the usual spitefulness in between the usual virtue signalling. Westminster politics is as always, a cesspit. I can only accept the majority of others opinions, at least with the Tories you know they are setting out to feck you, whereas Labour spends all of their days telling you how wonderful and virtuous they all are, but as we all know they are going to feck you anyway. A sure sign of insanity, keep doing and voting for the same thing expecting a different outcome.

Without a doubt sheep.

Labour know they have been rumbled , hence all the bitterness and meltdowns.

The very fptp system that enables labour tory tennis at westmisnter , where the majority are ignored over a few marginals , and the safe seats handed out to benchwarming yes men , is the very system that is breaking down and tearing politics apart.

People are sick of voting in dumb to keep dumber out.

You can't tell em though sheep. They have to be dragged kicking and screaming to face reality like brexit. What was it five times over a five year period they took a beating from joe public?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 02:59:33 PM
what questions havent i answered?

I have given in depth replies to your ususal bulshit diversions.

You and your parties followers have no anwers to someone like me  , who is neither labour or tory , attacking the fallacy of labours inept policy and uselss tactics of screamin tory bad , when i simply point out your hypocrisy and labours own personal record , you go into meltdown every time.
Well, I find it all rather amusing, the usual spitefulness in between the usual virtue signalling. Westminster politics is as always, a cesspit. I can only accept the majority of others opinions, at least with the Tories you know they are setting out to feck you, whereas Labour spends all of their days telling you how wonderful and virtuous they all are, but as we all know they are going to feck you anyway. A sure sign of insanity, keep doing and voting for the same thing expecting a different outcome.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 16, 2021, 02:56:15 PM
Once more nothing . No answer to the actual questions.

what questions havent i answered?

I have given in depth replies to your ususal bulshit diversions.

You and your parties followers have no anwers to someone like me  , who is neither labour or tory , attacking the fallacy of labours inept policy and uselss tactics of screamin tory bad , when i simply point out your hypocrisy and labours own personal record , you go into meltdown every time.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 02:28:12 PM
obviously it did , as your only reply to it was tory bad.

Those that dont learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat past mistakes. You can clearly see this in action with your beloved labour.

Read the thread.

There you go again. Tory bad too!

No answer to anything i say , so you divert onto squealing about the tories and pfi , which i already answered previously.

Read back through the thread.

just that some are less perfect than other good old eh?

as you and your layabout pals do with tory bad , so im merely evening up the score.

Once more nothing . No answer to the actual questions. I have not once said Tory bad . You do that. You decide that's what I do by asking you a simple question. You don't want to try to answer. It seems to ask you a simple question is Tory bad because you don't want to answer the question.  Thomas, the field is yours .  I have made  my points to you. And you always rely on old worn out regurgitations of anything conceived as not Labours best work. I think I have had enough of helping you platform your hatred of Labour.
I will not stop you doing that. So carry on teaching the converted.