Main Menu

Your country needs you!

Started by T00ts, January 11, 2021, 06:47:59 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 11, 2021, 07:25:55 PMLets just get it done. If we need to spend the next couple of months in total lockdown, then lets just get on with it, without the faux outrage.
Aren't you in Wales, SPV. How have the lockdowns in Wales helped?
I'd love to comply with all the requirements, and generally I have, but it's all wearing a bit thin now.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 07:25:27 PM
A friend today was telling me that we are on the way out of all this and by April it will all be finished.

April 2022?

;D ;D

Sampanviking

Lets just get it done. If we need to spend the next couple of months in total lockdown, then lets just get on with it, without the faux outrage.
So the state tells you to stay at home? Unprecedented loss of freedom? We had conscription twice in just over the last 100 years and I would rather be locked in my loving room with a cuppa and biccy, rather than expanding my vocabulary courtesy of the training camp RSM.

One thing is clear, these half measures do not work and just drag this situation on indefinitely. That is pointless as half trying to save lives and half trying to save the economy achieves neither and ensures lives and business are simply wrecked.

papasmurf

A friend today was telling me that we are on the way out of all this and by April it will all be finished.
[/quote]

April 2022?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 07:17:10 PM
I am saddened to see this:-

More at link:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/covid-outbreak-helston-care-home-4876749

16:21, 11 JAN 2021
Fleet of ambulances respond to Covid outbreak at Cornwall care home
Onlookers said it was 'like something out of a movie' with paramedics wearing hazmat suits

Some would say they are all acting for a news bulletin or words to that affect. A friend today was telling me that we are on the way out of all this and by April it will all be finished. Bless her - I didn't like to disillusion her, she was just so happy.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 07:19:14 PM
Beware false prophets!

It is those who make profits of doom who make me angry.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on January 11, 2021, 07:09:56 PM
Not much fun for the contrarians — both jokers and agenda-driven trolls — in shutting up and not sticking their oars in.

Elsewhere, Christian Scientist's "Do not Fear" teaching is being used as an excuse for: Do not respect and take care...

Beware false prophets!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 06:47:59 PM
I am so saddened to see those in hospitals struggling telling the cameras it's not made up.

I am saddened to see this:-

More at link:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/covid-outbreak-helston-care-home-4876749

16:21, 11 JAN 2021
Fleet of ambulances respond to Covid outbreak at Cornwall care home
Onlookers said it was 'like something out of a movie' with paramedics wearing hazmat suits

patman post

Not much fun for the contrarians — both jokers and agenda-driven trolls — in shutting up and not sticking their oars in.

Elsewhere, Christian Scientist's "Do not Fear" teaching is being used as an excuse for: Do not respect and take care...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2021, 06:47:59 PM
Those who can, shut your front door and stay put.

I have been doing that since the beginning of last March, before Bojo-The-Clown decided belatedly to take some action.

T00ts

Amid the announcements and the conflicting beliefs of those who do or don't believe there is a pandemic, there is for me, one undeniable truth and that is that 'Your Country needs you'.

Whether you agree or not the facts are before us. The medics at all levels are on their knees. Just look at their faces. Not the ones speaking to the cameras but those in the background. I have friends with relatives working as teachers, medics, delivery people, supermarkets without whom we know very well we can't manage whatever this is, and I am hearing all around that people are desperate. Pandemic or mass hysteria, it doesn't matter. We have a duty to society and inevitably those we love and care for not to encourage this anymore.

It's not too much to ask. Those who can, shut your front door and stay put. If you have to go out comply with the instructions. It's not there to control you or create a police state, it's there to try to get us back on track. If you don't believe it's true I suggest you pull your necks in and wait until the country is in a position to properly ask questions. I am so saddened to see those in hospitals struggling telling the cameras it's not made up.

I have been some way to where they are. I have had breathing trouble where it felt like death just to go over bumps in the road in the car, and beg to go slower and escape the bumps on the way to hospital. These people are exceptional actors if this illness is all in the mind.  We need to put others first. Don't argue just do it!