SKY NewsEvery adult to be offered COVID vaccine by autumn, Hancock says

Started by GBNews, January 12, 2021, 07:03:14 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2021, 05:15:06 PM
Yeah. I have worked in the NHS. They are giving a few jabs, not open heart surgery.
If open heart surgery is being performed in outdoor spaces in your area the local NHS trust is definitely not performing to required standards...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 13, 2021, 02:46:02 PM
Surgeries prepared for administering Covid vaccine must third-world in your area.
Those I've seen here (under Hackney & City NHS, I guess) have installed outdoor waiting spaces and registering areas, and staffed them with extra reception staff. I'm told they're geared for 12-hour, seven day operation and could go longer if supplies and demand are there...

Yeah. I have worked in the NHS. They are giving a few jabs, not open heart surgery.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 02:04:56 PM
There are only 9 million of them.
And the NHS is one of the biggest employers in the world. We could do better. Boris is now talking about setting up 24/7 which Israel did from the start.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on January 13, 2021, 02:23:23 PM
As there's fewer than 6 million in Scotland, and health is a devolved matter, perhaps it will also manage to vaccinate its whole population by end March...

Rubbish.

The vaccines have been procured on behalf of the four devolved nations by the uk government , so we get what your government gives us under the sham of devolution.

A better example would be how quickly an indy scotland vaccinated its popualtion.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2021, 02:27:24 PMWhat extra work? Roll up your sleeve, splash on a drop of meths ans stick in the spike? Junkies do that all day long and they are happy to pay for the privileged.
Surgeries prepared for administering Covid vaccine must third-world in your area.
Those I've seen here (under Hackney & City NHS, I guess) have installed outdoor waiting spaces and registering areas, and staffed them with extra reception staff. I'm told they're geared for 12-hour, seven day operation and could go longer if supplies and demand are there...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 13, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
GP surgeries are already "bribed" to take patients, if you consider payment per patient on their list a bribe. Payment to surgeries for setting up a vaccination procedure, plus an amount per patient vaccinated, doesn't seem that unreasonable — especially considering the extra work and hours involved...

What extra work? Roll up your sleeve, splash on a drop of meths ans stick in the spike? Junkies do that all day long and they are happy to pay for the privileged.

When this nonsense is over I reckon part of the graduation for new doctors should be the slicing off of their noses and thus reduce costs by keeping their snouts out of the trough.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 02:04:56 PM
As there's fewer than 6 million in Scotland, and health is a devolved matter, perhaps it will also manage to vaccinate its whole population by end March...

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2021, 01:55:46 PM
Israel will have vaccinated EVERYONE by the end of March, so we could do better, could we not?

Probably not.

The Israelis have real (i.e Jewish) doctors. Competent and rude, the way good doctors are supposed to be. All we have are a few timid Yoks afraid of offending the customers.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 12, 2021, 07:56:51 AM

Had a 'newsletter' yesterday (first in 38 years of being a patient there) telling me our health centre has been chosen (or has taken a bribe) to get set up first in the area. I imagine the threatening letters to come and be jabbed or be ditched from their list will soon follow. They're keen on those because it means they collect the bribe for > such and such a %age compliance.

If one comes I might follow my daughter and register at where one of the former GPs there moved to after a disagreement over patient handling by the practice manager ...
GP surgeries are already "bribed" to take patients, if you consider payment per patient on their list a bribe. Payment to surgeries for setting up a vaccination procedure, plus an amount per patient vaccinated, doesn't seem that unreasonable — especially considering the extra work and hours involved...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2021, 01:55:46 PM
Israel will have vaccinated EVERYONE by the end of March, so we could do better, could we not?

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2021, 11:49:34 AM
Good ,the old and endangered should be the first in line . Your own link comes to the same conclusions as the current bun  with the current level of vaccination (2.1 Years )

But the current level is not going to stay static, it will increase.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 11:40:58 AM
Not exactly a reliable source.
I am apparently getting my vaccine jab between the  10/02/2021 and 10/03/2021. (Given the efficiency of my local GP practice I have no reason to doubt that.)

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Good ,the old and endangered should be the first in line . Your own link comes to the same conclusions as the current bun  with the current level of vaccination (2.1 Years )

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2021, 11:27:40 AM

Sort of roughly in me head . As you can't see whats going on in there though I found this to make it a bit easier

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13641677/when-will-i-get-covid-vaccine-online-calculator/

Not exactly a reliable source.
I am apparently getting my vaccine jab between the  10/02/2021 and 10/03/2021. (Given the efficiency of my local GP practice I have no reason to doubt that.)

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk