Brexit: Driver's 'illegal' ham sandwiches seized at Dutch border under EU rules

Started by papasmurf, January 12, 2021, 01:16:39 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:44:43 PM
Wait what?

You told me a minute ago the uk government is the all and powerfull  decision maker , and now you say you dont care about them .Which is it?

Good so what you are saying it is down to the scottish people after all to decide about indy. You are all over the place baffy.

just as they voted , by 62 % against your ambitions in 2016 . which is why we have an impasse.

I neither told you the UK government is all powerful nor have any ambitions in regards to Scotland.

Strawman away if you think you are in an argument that you need to win.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:43:43 PM
I didn't tell anyone that mate.

Your arguments are as dishonest as your maths.

im not your pal , and at least i know 62 is bigger than 55.

Does your mum know you are on an adult forum biffo?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:41:20 PM
I don't give a monkies about the UK government.

Wait what?

You told me a minute ago the uk government is the all and powerfull  decision maker , and now you say you dont care about them .Which is it?

QuoteYour beef is with the Scottish people not the UK government.

Good so what you are saying it is down to the scottish people after all to decide about indy. You are all over the place baffy.

QuoteIt is they who voted your ambitions down.

just as they voted , by 62 % against your ambitions in 2016 . which is why we have an impasse.

Baff

I didn't tell anyone that mate.

Your arguments are as dishonest as your maths.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:39:28 PM

What you are offering is beyond your ability to deliver and everyone knows it. Even you.

As well as not normally voting , being unable to count , you obviously dont read history books.

You told every single country in the world that was part of your empire they couldnt leave as it was illegal and westmisnter would refuse.

63 left. You soon told them didnt you biffo. :D

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:38:17 PM
It doesnt matter , this is enshrined in the GFA as an example of what is acceptable in demcortic terms to the uk government.
I don't give a monkies about the UK government.
Your beef is with the Scottish people not the UK government.

It is they who voted your ambitions down. Not the UK parliament.
The UK parliament didn't have a vote in this.

It is not they you decided to resolve this matter with democratcally. It is the Scots.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:39:28 PM
Your parliament in an independent Scotland will not have the power to reverse that decision.
You will not be able to vote the UK into accepting your re-admission.

What you are offering is beyond your ability to deliver andseveryone knows it. Even you.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:36:16 PM
Clearly you dont have a clue.

Nothing is irreversible , your own parliament has a sacrosanct law that stipulates no government can bind a future government so what are you talking about?

The uk parliament has legally defined nothing is irreversible.
Your parliament in an independent Scotland will not have the power to reverse that decision.
You will not be able to vote the UK into accepting your re-admission.

What you are offering is beyond your ability to deliver and everyone knows it. Even you.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:34:31 PM

It should be noted that in NI that has not yet occured after a whole lot more than 7 years.

It doesnt matter , this is enshrined in the GFA as an example of what is acceptable in demcortic terms to the uk government.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:34:31 PM
Because once you get your preferred result, it is irreversible.

Clearly you dont have a clue.

Nothing is irreversible , your own parliament has a sacrosanct law that stipulates no government can bind a future government so what are you talking about?

The uk parliament has legally defined nothing is irreversible.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:30:39 PM
Why not?
Because once you get your preferred result, it is irreversible.
As well you know.

It is not the case that it would be a democratic neverendum.

It will end when you win.
And that is unfair on those who outvoted you.
An unfair and unequal proposition.

A game that is rigged against them.

What is fair is that if you wish to vote again in a generations time you should be allowed to do so.
That those people who joined with you to decide that mnatter sahould bew willing to do so again.

But they have no reason to do so if the game is rigged against them.
I do not see them calling for a referendum. Only you.
Because you lost.

When you can convince them, you have a point.

It should be noted that in NI that has not yet occured after a whole lot more than 7 years.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:30:43 PM

If you expect me to believe that had you won you would now be calling for a second referendum to reverse that decision, I do not.
I believe that to be a fundamentally dishonest argument.

I have always supported the right of democracy , and readily said that if scotland had voted leave in 2014 , unionists at some point in the future could have a rejoining referendum if they so choose , but i also pointed out no country in the world has wished to rejoin the uk once it left out of 63 nations including ireland.

wrong again biffo.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:30:43 PM
That would depend on what you define as the future.

See above. i just explained the uk governments own definition of "future"

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:27:55 PM
We dont agree.

You are opposed to the basic principle of democracy being a never endum , and dont want people to have their views tested in future .

You are an anti democrat .
That would depend on what you define as the future.

If you expect me to believe that had you won you would now be calling for a second referendum to reverse that decision, I do not.
I believe that to be a fundamentally dishonest argument.

And one that demonstrates to me that your commitment to Scottish independence outweighs any commitment you have to democracy.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:25:25 PM

Being a UK or even an EU member is not something you can change every 4 years like your governing party.
This is not a possibility and you knew that full well when you casted your vote.

Why not?

Who made this rule up when i wasnt looking?

The uk government has a legal agreement in place that says northern ireland can have an indy vote every 7 years , so we already have a benchmark in terms of time between constitutional referendums established in law.

So what are you now going on about?