Main Menu

Tier 6

Started by Scott777, January 13, 2021, 05:08:03 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2021, 06:32:21 PM
I've been monitoring the government tests and about a week ago 1 in 8 tests, 12.5% were positive.
Today it is about 1 in 11 tests positive, 9.2%.

Also hospital admissions are declining in London and the South East, so where is the justification for extra measures?

It's not just London they are thinking about. The justifications are all around us if you are prepared to see them.

Barry

I've been monitoring the government tests and about a week ago 1 in 8 tests, 12.5% were positive.
Today it is about 1 in 11 tests positive, 9.2%.

Also hospital admissions are declining in London and the South East, so where is the justification for extra measures?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on January 13, 2021, 05:08:03 PM
Given that no one can provide evidence of an epidemic of Covid, and that any excess deaths that may occur soon will be down to lockdown, what are your thoughts on Tier 6, which might be coming in January?

1. 8pm curfew
2. Only medical, food supplies and emergency work allowed. 
3. No travel from home. Permit required (downloadable) for essential medical travel only.
4. Police road blocks to enforce travel restrictions. Supported by military.
5. Exercise limited to a 2 mile radius of home and 1 hour maximum 
6. Allocated slots for supermarket / food shopping.
7. Face coverings mandatory at all times outside home.
8. All international travel banned.b
9. All schools and colleges closed.
10. No weddings. 11. Funerals, maximum of 2 people.  Further details to follow.
I don't particularly like it Scott, a lot of people are going to suffer for a very longtime for the sake of trying to buy them a little time.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on January 13, 2021, 05:30:44 PM
Had most of that happened earlier, maybe we'd not be where we are now.

Or maybe we'd not be where we are now — wherever we believe that is — if the majority of people had listened to, and done, what we we were advised to do (admittedly belatedly) in March last year, instead of always wanting push and test the boundaries...
Well not exactly true either, the majority did follow the rules last March and Summer came and the economy became the major factor with the virus infection dropping like a stone. With plenty knowing it would be back with a vengeance come the winter flu season. So the best that could be said of it, nobody was prepared for the big return.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on January 13, 2021, 05:08:03 PM
Given that no one can provide evidence of an epidemic of Covid, and that any excess deaths that may occur soon will be down to lockdown, what are your thoughts on Tier 6, which might be coming in January?

1. 8pm curfew
3. No travel from home. Permit required (downloadable) for essential medical travel only.
Had most of that happened earlier, maybe we'd not be where we are now.

Or maybe we'd not be where we are now — wherever we believe that is — if the majority of people had listened to, and done, what we we were advised to do (admittedly belatedly) in March last year, instead of always wanting push and test the boundaries...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

They should have done that last March .  We would be talking about it today over a pint if they had

But we are where we are ,we haven't really had a lockdown just a please thank you from above to mind how we go . Too many have ignored or wilfully rebelled against suggested behaviour so if it comes to  a harder approach that we MUST do as we are told so be it .

Barry

Some people will love it.
However, I have a life to live, work to do at a neighbours, requiring deliveries and those restrictions are excessive.

No.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

1. 8pm curfew
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.