Main Menu

How do you feel?

Started by T00ts, January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2021, 07:57:11 AM

Booze probably gets a free pass on account you can't binge eat when passed out on the sofa .....
That's very true, if you attempt it there is a high chance of producing a pavement pizza.  Puke
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2021, 08:43:56 PM
Thomas mentioned dieting in this thread. I've been using an app "Myfitnesspal" which is basically a calorie counting and exercise calculation method.
What I've noticed is that nearly every food and drink have nutritional values printed on their packaging.
I reduced my breakfast from 600 to 350 calories when I became aware of the high energy content of one particular crunch cereal.
The only foods that seem to get a pass are alcoholic drinks, which seems rather odd. The average bottle of wine is 1 calorie per millilitre making a bottle 750 calories.
Why does booze get a free pass?

Booze probably gets a free pass on account you can't binge eat when passed out on the sofa .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on January 14, 2021, 10:54:21 AM
Toots , i call a spade a spade and two people on this forum i have absolutely no time for are pappysmurf

I don't have any time for you either which is why normally I have you on ignore.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Thomas mentioned dieting in this thread. I've been using an app "Myfitnesspal" which is basically a calorie counting and exercise calculation method.
What I've noticed is that nearly every food and drink have nutritional values printed on their packaging.
I reduced my breakfast from 600 to 350 calories when I became aware of the high energy content of one particular crunch cereal.
The only foods that seem to get a pass are alcoholic drinks, which seems rather odd. The average bottle of wine is 1 calorie per millilitre making a bottle 750 calories.
Why does booze get a free pass?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2021, 08:54:17 AM

The GP told me the breathlessness would subside

Lying Sod

Quite. No-one knows that yet.

johnofgwent

Yesterday was a bit of a revelation

As I mentioned I had to get my arse round to my dentist.

Normally this involves abandoning the car in the only decent parking spot left in central Cardiff (god bless the Catholic church you always could count on them to have the council over a barrel when it comes to providing car parking near the confessional) and yomping a mile to the surgery

I got 400 yards before it seemed I would die of oxygen starvation

Fortunately I had my old codgers free bus pass. I rode a bus the rest of the way and all the way back

The GP told me the breathlessness would subside

Lying Sod
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2021, 04:26:58 PM
Some beautiful places in Germany Thomas,I particularly liked the Rhine valley the small villages and the wine they make but not as much as the beer  :D

I hope to be allowed to find out. The guy I mentioned in the COVID posts who had to be dragged up the road and stuck on a nebuliser took his wife on a road trip following the river (presumably Vikings prices were too rich even for him) and was positively gushing about the place

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 14, 2021, 04:43:36 PM
Well on the Brightside nothing will ever change them from being pissed off. It just makes them worse not being able to piss off everyone else.

even better.

The thought of walking around merrily whistling while gerry and dyno have a melt down does fill me with absolute satisfaction sheep.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 14, 2021, 04:26:33 PM
chin up sheep. Gerry and che are still pissed off , so that can only be a good thing. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Im getting the cadac out friday afternoon in the snow for a barby and beer. ;D
Well on the Brightside nothing will ever change them from being pissed off. It just makes them worse not being able to piss off everyone else.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Toots , i call a spade a spade and two people on this forum i have absolutely no time for are pappysmurf and patbox post.  Im generally a good judge of character in real life , get on well with people , and have a laugh.

Thanks for the congrats , i am 6 foot tall , and was 14 stone , so im nearly down to thirteen and want to get to 12 which is where i feel comfortable.

Lots of baked totties  ,chicken and salad , and out for walks and runs when the weather is reasonable , sometimes bike rides.

Anyway i think we all just have to slog it out till easter , then for me , i think i will get the vaccine along with the wife and kids maybe autumn time.  So hopefully we can get some holidays booked up for the summer at easter if things improve. :)

Want to take my family over to germany this year if possible , as my daughter is doing languages (german and spanish)and wants to be a translator when she leaves school and hopefully uni.

Onwards and upwards , and dont let the doom and gloom merchants bring us all down i say!
Some beautiful places in Germany Thomas,I particularly liked the Rhine valley the small villages and the wine they make but not as much as the beer  :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 14, 2021, 04:12:20 PM
About what?
Saying don't create debt from thin air, don't wreck the NHS, don't create mass unemployment, don't create mass fear, don't create mass mental health problems, don't create a cashless society where everyone will be controlled by a cental bank mainframe, don't mess up the education system, where you just turn out robots for whatever the latest fad is. don't keep defrauding the British public, stop trying to create a political system for the plebs that is nothing but polarised. What would be the point?

chin up sheep. Gerry and che are still pissed off , so that can only be a good thing. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Im getting the cadac out friday afternoon in the snow for a barby and beer. ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

About what?
Saying don't create debt from thin air, don't wreck the NHS, don't create mass unemployment, don't create mass fear, don't create mass mental health problems, don't create a cashless society where everyone will be controlled by a cental bank mainframe, don't mess up the education system, where you just turn out robots for whatever the latest fad is. don't keep defrauding the British public, stop trying to create a political system for the plebs that is nothing but polarised. What would be the point?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 10:58:01 AM
You should really write an autobiography.

The woman tasked with investigating knocked my door, and when I opened it said "I thought this place looked familiar".

She came to.take Sarah's statement after the murder.

Because that was such a high profile case, literally every copper and fireman with at least five years in the service used to recognise Melissa in seconds. She's grown a bit now, fortunately.

johnofgwent

Thanks for the congrats , i am 6 foot tall , and was 14 stone , so im nearly down to thirteen and want to get to 12 which is where i feel comfortable.

Lots of baked totties  .....

My god.

Twelve stone at six foot.

I've been there (11.5 at 6 ft 2) I looked like a Biafran and I felt sick as hell all the time. Never, ever again.

I'm crashing from an all time high of 24 and a half about eight years ago now where I was immobile with a buggered leg and stressed to hell, down through the 21:01 thanks to COVID that saw off the diabetes and blood pressure and thank you but if this keeps going then I'm pulling the stick back hard at 17 because much less than that and I've got next to no insulation in the sea...

And none of my damn shirts fit!

Totties must have a meaning in your neck of the woods it doesn't have in mine...

Apologies but my phone has screwed the quote on the cut and paste
[/quote]

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 10:58:01 AM
You should really write an autobiography.

He probably is not allowed to.