Main Menu

How do you feel?

Started by T00ts, January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 14, 2021, 10:54:29 AM

I lost that benefit a few years back. It was my own fault I suppose, i took Jennifer to Bristol Zoo to do a portfolio for her degree, parked the car at the bottom of the road and walked off for a chat - and a rather nice lunch too - with an agent I hadn't worked with for a while. How the hell was I to know the girl's body was fifty foot from the damn car.

Of course, it did not help that I did the exact same thing a month later, after a drug dealer was beaten and left to expire round the corner from my pals house up the valley, and I suppose it was extraordinarily remiss of me to choose to have a job interview at a drug testing firm badly in need of a new DBA and park the car in St Mellons and walk the last couple of hundred yards to clear my head beforehand the very day TWO drug dealers bodies were found in the woods.

To park your car and return to find it inside the INNER RED tape DO NOT CROSS cordon of ONE murder scene is unfortunate. To then park and return to find it within the OUTER BLUE & WHITE at not one but THREE more invites the attention of SOC...

You should really write an autobiography.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 14, 2021, 10:54:29 AM

I lost that benefit a few years back.

I suspect not when it comes to stop checks. There is I suspect always "flag" on the PNC.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 10:04:58 AM
I would have thought you would be "flagged," on the PNC and not likely to be stopped.

I lost that benefit a few years back. It was my own fault I suppose, i took Jennifer to Bristol Zoo to do a portfolio for her degree, parked the car at the bottom of the road and walked off for a chat - and a rather nice lunch too - with an agent I hadn't worked with for a while. How the hell was I to know the girl's body was fifty foot from the damn car.

Of course, it did not help that I did the exact same thing a month later, after a drug dealer was beaten and left to expire round the corner from my pals house up the valley, and I suppose it was extraordinarily remiss of me to choose to have a job interview at a drug testing firm badly in need of a new DBA and park the car in St Mellons and walk the last couple of hundred yards to clear my head beforehand the very day TWO drug dealers bodies were found in the woods.

To park your car and return to find it inside the INNER RED tape DO NOT CROSS cordon of ONE murder scene is unfortunate. To then park and return to find it within the OUTER BLUE & WHITE at not one but THREE more invites the attention of SOC...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 10:43:06 AM
Thomas - I bet you were always on the naughty list! It is very easy to form opinions of people online when there is no real point of connection. If you met me you would perhaps make a completely different assessment. It's a very difficult misguided format. I remember when you frightened me. The written word can be very misleading at times.
I am glad you are feeling fine, and congratulations on the weight loss. You must be feeling the benefit. Keep it up - well not for too long.  I am sure many would hate you to disappear down the plug hole!   ;D ;D

Toots , i call a spade a spade and two people on this forum i have absolutely no time for are pappysmurf and patbox post.  Im generally a good judge of character in real life , get on well with people , and have a laugh.

Thanks for the congrats , i am 6 foot tall , and was 14 stone , so im nearly down to thirteen and want to get to 12 which is where i feel comfortable.

Lots of baked totties  ,chicken and salad , and out for walks and runs when the weather is reasonable , sometimes bike rides.

Anyway i think we all just have to slog it out till easter , then for me , i think i will get the vaccine along with the wife and kids maybe autumn time.  So hopefully we can get some holidays booked up for the summer at easter if things improve. :)

Want to take my family over to germany this year if possible , as my daughter is doing languages (german and spanish)and wants to be a translator when she leaves school and hopefully uni.

Onwards and upwards , and dont let the doom and gloom merchants bring us all down i say!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on January 14, 2021, 10:32:52 AM
Not at all , i think what cromwell and i are trying to say is dont encourage him.

Most of us are on here to debate politics , smurf is on here looking for a platform to moan.
I think you are trying to be polite and diplomatic toots.

I have been reading his drivel  for ten years across a few forums and no one i have  ever seen has ever found him remotely humourous.

i am....and i will say it to his face. Thats normally why he runs away and hides instead of replying to me , cause he knows many of us forum posters who have read his bile over the years can read him like a book.

i like swearing , im glaswegian and scottish.

You see toots , there is very little swear words in our native language , so when we use yours , we like to use expletives.

What can we say? No one likes him , no one respects him.

There you go.

As for how i personally feel , im fine.

Apart from being worried about business , life goes on. I like this time of the year , and winter in general. Love the snow , and recerntly have been dieting and losing a load of weight (just under a stone  , over 4 kilos).

Feeling good , and since i stopped listening to all the covid doom and gloom on the telly , i have to say i have been feeling back almost to my old self .

Thomas - I bet you were always on the naughty list! It is very easy to form opinions of people online when there is no real point of connection. If you met me you would perhaps make a completely different assessment. It's a very difficult misguided format. I remember when you frightened me. The written word can be very misleading at times.
I am glad you are feeling fine, and congratulations on the weight loss. You must be feeling the benefit. Keep it up - well not for too long.  I am sure many would hate you to disappear down the plug hole!   ;D ;D

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 10:22:40 AM

They have no idea what debate is.

Neither do you.

Told you before , you would be better on labour hame or some such site , where you an post tory bad threads all day long and get your back slapped by the jerk circle.

On sites like this , you are normally torn to shreds over the cac you talk by the various different posters and their varying political views.

Onething i will say to your favour , or more probably barrys , is that you havent been banned yet. This is the longest you have went without a ban.

I think that is more down to barry and cromwells patience with you than anything else though. The two of them deserve a medal for putting up with you .

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 10:13:08 AM
Did you want me to put some sort of limit on who could join the chat? Let me think - I could start with banning anyone considered a leftie, all remainers, anyone under 50yrs, those with blue eyes - there would be no-one left.

Not at all , i think what cromwell and i are trying to say is dont encourage him.

Most of us are on here to debate politics , smurf is on here looking for a platform to moan.
There are times when Papy does make me laugh.

I think you are trying to be polite and diplomatic toots.

I have been reading his drivel  for ten years across a few forums and no one i have  ever seen has ever found him remotely humourous.

QuoteSorry Papy - not talking behind your back.

i am....and i will say it to his face. Thats normally why he runs away and hides instead of replying to me , cause he knows many of us forum posters who have read his bile over the years can read him like a book.

Quote. One thing in his favour he doesn't swear all the time - even in code.

i like swearing , im glaswegian and scottish.

You see toots , there is very little swear words in our native language , so when we use yours , we like to use expletives.

QuoteExcuse me fellas but you have turned this again into a 'let's get  Papy thread' rather than admit how you feel. Typical blokes!!

What can we say? No one likes him , no one respects him.

There you go.

As for how i personally feel , im fine.

Apart from being worried about business , life goes on. I like this time of the year , and winter in general. Love the snow , and recerntly have been dieting and losing a load of weight (just under a stone  , over 4 kilos).

Feeling good , and since i stopped listening to all the covid doom and gloom on the telly , i have to say i have been feeling back almost to my old self .

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 10:13:08 AM

Excuse me fellas but you have turned this again into a 'let's get  Papy thread' rather than admit how you feel. Typical blokes!!  ;D ;D

The forum is full of those anyway, which is why I have most of the looney tune and fruit cakes on ignore.
They have no idea what debate is.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on January 14, 2021, 09:48:07 AM
Well said cromwell.

Sorry toots , i agree  with cromwell . You have made a blunder asking smurf to get involved .

He now has the green light to spam the thread with anecdotal stories about his own miserable existence.

Have you ever once on this or any other forum in the past read a positive happy joking post from smurf?

I pity his poor wife , im surprised he hasnt been murdered before now with all that non stop moaning he does.

Did you want me to put some sort of limit on who could join the chat? Let me think - I could start with banning anyone considered a leftie, all remainers, anyone under 50yrs, those with blue eyes - there would be no-one left.

There are times when Papy does make me laugh. He comes up with some funny pictures and appropriate songs quite often and they make me smile. Sorry Papy - not talking behind your back. Ok at times he gets a bit pessimistic and stubborn and irritates - but then who doesn't. One thing in his favour he doesn't swear all the time - even in code.

Excuse me fellas but you have turned this again into a 'let's get  Papy thread' rather than admit how you feel. Typical blokes!!  ;D ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 14, 2021, 10:01:24 AM

Well, if the Gestapo try to stop me I shall have my phone recording in the top pocket because I need to capture the reaction when I hand them the gold tooth in a plastic bag and say in German, yes, I know, gold teeth in the box and form an orderly line on the left....

I would have thought you would be "flagged," on the PNC and not likely to be stopped.

johnofgwent

Today, I feel quite "up" as opposed to "down"

Perhaps it is because at 12:30 I am going to fire up the S-Cross and drive to Cardiff, where my dentist awaits my arrival to refit the slightly troublesome crown in my lower right molar that some red Leicester sucked off on monday.

Why does this make me less depressed.

Well, if the Gestapo try to stop me I shall have my phone recording in the top pocket because I need to capture the reaction when I hand them the gold tooth in a plastic bag and say in German, yes, I know, gold teeth in the box and form an orderly line on the left....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 13, 2021, 08:51:01 PM

Bad move asking smurfy IMO,can't let a day go by without a mega moan.

Well said cromwell.

Sorry toots , i agree  with cromwell . You have made a blunder asking smurf to get involved .

He now has the green light to spam the thread with anecdotal stories about his own miserable existence.

Have you ever once on this or any other forum in the past read a positive happy joking post from smurf?

I pity his poor wife , im surprised he hasnt been murdered before now with all that non stop moaning he does.

papasmurf

Bad move asking smurfy IMO,can't let a day go by without a mega moan.

You think that was a mega moan?

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM
I always think that these couple of months are the most difficult of the year.

It is biochemical.
Plants know when to sprout, and when not to sprout, because they have within themselves a set of enzymes that react to the ratio of red and blue light hitting their cells. Once long ago I knew the chemical names and the frequencies, now I can only recall one is a coenzyme (one of two components helping a reaction) and the key frequency is the bright blue light at 4500 Angstrom Units, or 450 nanometres.

Thelow sun in winter means the light has to reach us "sideways"  traveling through more of the upper atmosphere than in more summery days when the sun is higher in the sky and the light comes straight down.... The longer journey allows more of the high energy blue light to be scattered ....

The human body also has an enzyme that is affected by the amount of green/blue light hitting you. The most impacted enzyme is reactive to light at 450 nanometres, and it's an integral part of the way you make energy available from food.

A certain degree of the lethargy you feel when you look out at a dismal winter day is therefore not remotely "in your head" it is a direct result of the lack of this blue light hitting you empowering to to efficiently gain energy from your digested food.

Some people are particularly sensitive and become singularly despondent ...

By the way, I have a white lab coat if you feel my putting it on might allow me to be of service, but it is not remotely as pristine as the day I bought it, blood, and dissolving tissue stains are such buggers to get out of fire resistant treated cotton ....

Streetwalker

So apart from that everything is fine? ;)

What SW didn't tell you is he's also building his own pub alongside his wife's office,if you're in isolation nowt like drinking from home. Dancing

Funny you should say that  ;D Ive had to move the Tikki bar for the extension so may as well upgrade it (it would be rude not to ) while I am at it ..