Main Menu

How do you feel?

Started by T00ts, January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM
I always think that these couple of months are the most difficult of the year. The weather is grim most of the time and the days so short. I have noticed in myself a bit of irritability which is alien to me and realise that dark days, living alone in lockdown, in my case now almost continually since March last year is taking its toll. I expected some respite with Brexit finally being achieved but it was short lived and has pretty much faded from the headlines. The Trump saga revs up and dies away as quickly. TV is nothing but boring most of the time and although books and other hobbies usually entice me I am finding myself unable to settle to very much.

I note a certain shortness of temper here on the Forum and perhaps a slight lack of the humour that sometimes bubbles up through the serious conversations, so is it just me that is feeling not quite myself? How is anyone else feeling? It's not as if we can call the men in white coats.   :D
So apart from that everything is fine? ;)

Bad move asking smurfy IMO,can't let a day go by without a mega moan.

What SW didn't tell you is he's also building his own pub alongside his wife's office,if you're in isolation nowt like drinking from home. Dancing

When Baz says he has got building materials I think he's building the British legation to the garden of England they're all a bit rustic in that part of the world. Union Flag

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2021, 07:06:08 PM
Thanks for asking .

Yes Im feeling OK . The worst of the virus seems to have left the system though Im  not counting Chickens just yet .  Keeping busy is the key I think , Im now building an office on the back of the house for the Mrs who has been told she has to work from home like forever .

Not going back to work till it warms up a bit so quite relaxed in my own world .4-5  hour days and a few beers does it me  ;D

Well I'm glad you're doing well, you seem like a nice enough bloke.

No one is doing well in lockdown and focusing overly on how bad you feel will only make matters worse, so try not to and try and keep yourself in good spirits (not aimed at you but endorsing what you said). I have no issue with anyone (in the real world) and am quite pleasant these days, this forum is an exception as others want to pick a fight almost constantly, even if you just post 1 link it's like something to shout at, that's why I kept posting this...

:)

Try to calm down and enjoy yourselves instead of starting fights over a couple of links or something. Heck. Even at xmas I had a quick peek over old posts and there's  all kinds of feathers being spat out. I hope folks had a good one. I did and I'm thankful for that. Reading this place you'd think it was the apocalypse.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2021, 07:59:12 PM
Oh, some 3rd world problems in Cornwall.

Worryingly there are, as there are in other parts of Britain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Oh, some 3rd world problems in Cornwall.

It could be depressing, but I refuse to let it get to me.
I've got some outside work to do, the building materials have arrived and the weather has closed in. Hoping it improves soon.
On the plus side we have food in the house, we have each other, and we have lighter nights and soon spring days ahead.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2021, 07:45:34 PM
Mmm You have my sympathy. My Mum always said it happens in 3s. Strange how that happens. Maybe you are in for a double whammy.  ::)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 07:41:31 PM
Personally I am having a bloody awful week, I am rapidly catching up with the Australian sheep farmers letter to the tax-man.
The security light outside fell to bits, someone tried to hack in to my email account, the Freeview recorder box died, now the remote control for the satellite TV system is on the blink.  That plus it is either Polar bears in the garden weather or persisting down with rain and force 9 or more on the Beaufort  scale.

Mmm You have my sympathy. My Mum always said it happens in 3s. Strange how that happens. Maybe you are in for a double whammy.  ::)

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2021, 06:50:18 PM

I note a certain shortness of temper here on the Forum and perhaps a slight lack of the humour that sometimes bubbles up through the serious conversations, so is it just me that is feeling not quite myself? How is anyone else feeling? It's not as if we can call the men in white coats.   :D

Personally I am having a bloody awful week, I am rapidly catching up with the Australian sheep farmers letter to the tax-man.
The security light outside fell to bits, someone tried to hack in to my email account, the Freeview recorder box died, now the remote control for the satellite TV system is on the blink.  That plus it is either Polar bears in the garden weather or persisting down with rain and force 9 or more on the Beaufort  scale.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2021, 07:06:08 PM
Thanks for asking .

Yes Im feeling OK . The worst of the virus seems to have left the system though Im  not counting Chickens just yet .  Keeping busy is the key I think , Im now building an office on the back of the house for the Mrs who has been told she has to work from home like forever .

Not going back to work till it warms up a bit so quite relaxed in my own world .4-5  hour days and a few beers does it me  ;D

That sounds a good move on all fronts. Therapy for you, provision for the future for work, extra value on the house. Win win!

Streetwalker

Thanks for asking .

T00ts

I always think that these couple of months are the most difficult of the year. The weather is grim most of the time and the days so short. I have noticed in myself a bit of irritability which is alien to me and realise that dark days, living alone in lockdown, in my case now almost continually since March last year is taking its toll. I expected some respite with Brexit finally being achieved but it was short lived and has pretty much faded from the headlines. The Trump saga revs up and dies away as quickly. TV is nothing but boring most of the time and although books and other hobbies usually entice me I am finding myself unable to settle to very much.