Good riddance to this evil woman, Lisa.

Started by Barry, January 14, 2021, 04:18:43 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 10:06:25 AM
Given the number of cock-ups at the Home Office in the last few years I would not be too sure about that.

what ? that he won't be let out ?  The lobbying has already started
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 16, 2021, 10:03:17 AM

As I have pointed out a couple of times, my problem is the police protected the witnesses to the murder trial my daughter testified at despite the defendant making plans to have the witnesses killed. Labour will let him out, probably a lot sooner than the tories, on condition he votes for them. And then what ?

Given the number of cock-ups at the Home Office in the last few years I would not be too sure about that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on January 16, 2021, 09:49:40 AM
I do not think we should rejoice in someone's death, regardless of how superior you feel you are to the person.

If you are to feel anything towards this person, feel sadness, and mourn the life they had.

Oh i won't be rejoicing. If anything i shall be thinking of the people they murdered.

I am guessing Nick did not lose anyone to McVeigh and can therefore like you only see one side of the equation

As I have pointed out a couple of times, my problem is the police protected the witnesses to the murder trial my daughter testified at despite the defendant making plans to have the witnesses killed. Labour will let him out, probably a lot sooner than the tories, on condition he votes for them. And then what ?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on January 16, 2021, 09:49:40 AM
I do not think we should rejoice in someone's death,

That depends on who has carked it, and the amount of damage they did in their lifetime.

Nalaar

I do not think we should rejoice in someone's death, regardless of how superior you feel you are to the person.

If you are to feel anything towards this person, feel sadness, and mourn the life they had.
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

It's amazing how people think this person or that by their deeds deserve extreme punishment,sometimes a look in the mirror might not go amiss.

I remember working with people who would read this or that about some crime and off they'd go " thieving bastards should get their hands chopped off"

When I pointed out that they'd relieved our employer of various pieces of property they'd cry "perks of the job" yeah it's called thieving,they'd go all defensive then a bit hostile.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

This bastard comes into a category of deserving hanging.

More at link:-

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-man-charged-with-assault-after-woman-92-injected-with-fake-coronavirus-vaccine-12188770

COVID-19: Man charged with assault after woman, 92, injected with fake coronavirus vaccine
David Chambers, 33, will remain in jail until 12 February.

By Tim Baker, news reporter

Friday 15 January 2021 16:24, UK

A man has been charged after a 92-year-old woman was falsely billed £160 to be injected with a fake COVID-19 vaccine.

David Chambers, 33, of Surbiton, southwest London, was arrested on Wednesday 13 January and charged the next day with five crimes.

The indictment includes two counts of fraud by false representation, one count of common assault and two breaches of COVID regulations.

He has been remanded in jail ahead of an appearance at Kingston Crown Court on 12 February.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2021, 02:44:28 AM
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about capital punishment, and I speak from a position of authority on the subject.
I'm fairly confident in saying I am probably the only person on this forum who has witnessed a live execution.
Up until that point I was a hardened advocate of capital punishment, but seeing one live made me question it.

Imagine waking up and sticking the TV on to suddenly find a live execution broadcast to your hotel room. This was Terre Haute Indiana 2001 and the subject was Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber. He never said a word and looked almost definitely into the cameras.

The thing that got me was 1 minute a healthy person was there and next he was dead. You may not understand the point I'm making, it's difficult to explain exactly the feeling I had at the time.

I think I do get it. I witnessed my first traumatic death - decapitation of a motorist following too close to a lorry with an overhanging load, that went right through  his windscreen, when i was fourteen. A year or two later a woman plunged to her death from the tower block by Loudoun Square Cardiff as I walked down the road to meet mum and cadge a lift home at the end of her shift as receptionist to the police surgeon at the health centre across the road from the tower block. They never worked out if she jumped or was pushed, she was taking all sorts from a dodgy doc at that health centre who got struck off pretty quickly after that.  I do not remember much of the event, just a small cry followed by a lot of silence as she fell through the air and then a wet thud as her head hit a paved area.

I've had the dubious pleasure of seeing several further traumatic deaths since, mainly thanks to travelling massive numbers of miles on our motorways all year round for 20 years.

It gets to you. If it did not get to you, there would be something wrong with you. Look up the definition of psychopath. It really upsets me to think of the corpse of that woman murdered in bristol, laying in the freezing cold all night in the undergrowth but logically of course t should not, she was way beyond feeling it.

But it gets to you.

I come back to the preface in all the original prints of Pratchett's Discworld. In the front pages of the original paperbacks it tell show Pratchett left school, joined a paper as a cub reporter and saw his first dead body a few hours later, work experience meaning something in those days

It may make you laugh when you read it, but actually, it isn't supposed to. It's supposed to make you think

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 14, 2021, 04:18:43 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lisa-montgomery-executed-kansas-texas-b1786438.html

Bobbie's 16 year old daughter is being raised by her father, Zeb. She now has closure.

I'm still not quite sure how I feel about capital punishment, and I speak from a position of authority on the subject.
I'm fairly confident in saying I am probably the only person on this forum who has witnessed a live execution.
Up until that point I was a hardened advocate of capital punishment, but seeing one live made me question it.

Imagine waking up and sticking the TV on to suddenly find a live execution broadcast to your hotel room. This was Terre Haute Indiana 2001 and the subject was Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber. He never said a word and looked almost definitely into the cameras.

The thing that got me was 1 minute a healthy person was there and next he was dead. You may not understand the point I'm making, it's difficult to explain exactly the feeling I had at the time.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 05:23:11 PM
I am quite shocked by the title of the thread. She was proved to have done a terrible crime and the law of the land says that she should die, but I cannot justify taking another life. On the one hand we say that murder is wrong yet we murder another. Two wrongs will never make a right.

Well, we will have to disagree.

Whilst I actually have sufficient doubt about a certain convicts guilt to demand a rope for what he's in for, because I rather think he's been fitted up and part of the evidence presented simply does not meet with my own eyes and ears... BUT he has promised to kill every trial witness and my eldest is on his hit list.

That makes him a problem for which I need a lethal solution before I shuffle off this existence and can no longer keep my eldest safe

So I'm absolutely fine with the thread title.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on January 14, 2021, 07:34:38 PM
At least Lisa Montgomery had 14 years to repent and come to terms with her fate during the period between the sentence being pronounced and finally being executed.

And some people decry Islam as a cruel and barbaric belief...
Quite, she had to wait far too long.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

At least Lisa Montgomery had 14 years to repent and come to terms with her fate during the period between the sentence being pronounced and finally being executed.

And some people decry Islam as a cruel and barbaric belief...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2021, 06:43:19 PM
An excuse for humanity? Perhaps but there are those responsible for much worse and multiple deaths,not least those pursuing political ends and self promotion who are never brought to book never mind that  they are even lauded for their murderous intent.

It was iirc Joseph goebbels who said repeat the lie often enough it becomes the truth,it seems to me that the more you kill the less it becomes murder.

You may have much disdain for this woman baz but I suspect she was mentally ill.

The USA is not very bothered about the mental state of their prisoners, innocent or guilty. From where I stand I take comfort in the fact that the real judgement is outside our pay band. We are taught to hate the sin but love the sinner. It doesn't seem a big ask.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 14, 2021, 06:06:14 PM
I agree with the death sentence in this case. So good riddance to the nasty murderer.
I know yours and Cromwell's views, and I know this excuse for humanity will never kill again.
An excuse for humanity? Perhaps but there are those responsible for much worse and multiple deaths,not least those pursuing political ends and self promotion who are never brought to book never mind that  they are even lauded for their murderous intent.

It was iirc Joseph goebbels who said repeat the lie often enough it becomes the truth,it seems to me that the more you kill the less it becomes murder.

You may have much disdain for this woman baz but I suspect she was mentally ill.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 14, 2021, 06:06:14 PM
I agree with the death sentence in this case. So good riddance to the nasty murderer.
I know yours and Cromwell's views, and I know this excuse for humanity will never kill again.

Again I am quite shocked that you would feel  this way. Here is one of God's children who appears to have taken a very wrong turn. We don't know her as a person, but even if she were very evil it will be God's judgement that will prevail. Jesus Christ will stand as advocate for her just as He will for all of us and we will not know the whole truth until that time. God's judgement will be accepted by all since He will be scrupulously fair, but I just feel quite sad that potentially this is yet another who may not return home and even sadder that anyone can celebrate the fact . Many will be called but few chosen.