The absolute state of our media..

Started by Dynamis, January 14, 2021, 07:10:09 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B-4

I can handle right wing whackos.  They generally appreciate the freedom the right offers compared to the authoritarian nature of the Left, where freedom is replaced with forced indoctrination and collectivist violence.

That's not to say the right doesn't have its faults, it's just that I can handle them.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on January 15, 2021, 12:06:59 PM

Lefties talk bollocks,

as evidenced by the daily shite being spouted on this forum by the various left wing (but not labour supporters ::) ;D)dreamers.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 15, 2021, 11:13:37 AM
Well, we clearly do have both. Whackos on the left and right I mean. But the media barely reported them when they were left wing whackos. But now they are right wing whackos, the media can't get enough pictures of "Jeb" from Iowa sitting in Nancys chair on the news and the internet fast enough.

That's what I meant. Additionally, I concede that not all Antifa types are whackos and there is a point somewhere in all the madness. But it doesn't s em to go the other way. Some how, everyone who voted for trump is a card carrying loony, and there isn't a single voice worth listening to among them.

It's this partisan, intolerance and blind faith that will ultimately screw the fecking lot of us. We are headed for a bad place.

The problem is that right wing whackos tend to be a bit more straightforward than left wing ones and thus provide less in the way of news stories for the media.

The right tend to be conservative with a small c, distrustful of all politicians, as likely to vote Labour as Tory and with a basic philosphy of a fair day's work for a fair day's pay but other than that, F@@@ off and leaves us.

To me that is the best way to live, But it won't provide much in the way of the twenty minute low calorie whinges that make up most the BBC's output. So Auntie and the Guardian and a surprisingly large section of the allegedly right wing media are forced to rely on the left. Much of what they say has little to do with truth and justice and it has the advantage that it changes by the week.

Lefties talk bollocks, but as far as the media is concerned, it is a continually different shade of bollocks.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Well, we clearly do have both. Whackos on the left and right I mean. But the media barely reported them when they were left wing whackos. But now they are right wing whackos, the media can't get enough pictures of "Jeb" from Iowa sitting in Nancys chair on the news and the internet fast enough.

That's what I meant. Additionally, I concede that not all Antifa types are whackos and there is a point somewhere in all the madness. But it doesn't s em to go the other way. Some how, everyone who voted for trump is a card carrying loony, and there isn't a single voice worth listening to among them.

It's this partisan, intolerance and blind faith that will ultimately screw the fecking lot of us. We are headed for a bad place.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 15, 2021, 10:30:10 AM
Hmm. When we had Antifa/BLM/Commie fruitwackos shouting that "white folks" had to leave their homes, no one on the liberal left or in the media seemed bothered. When the fruitwackos were not liberals (eg fascists) then it's shaking head time?

I despair.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on January 14, 2021, 07:10:09 PMShakes fecking head. And we have QAnon fruitwhackoo's going on about how they were 100% right, probably be telling us they were right that catching a cold does protect you from covid next. Sigh... I despair.. 

Hmm. When we had Antifa/BLM/Commie fruitwackos shouting that "white folks" had to leave their homes, no one on the liberal left or in the media seemed bothered. When the fruitwackos were not liberals (eg fascists) then it's shaking head time?

I despair.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 14, 2021, 07:10:09 PM
.An article by Toby Young for the Daily Telegraph was "significantly misleading" when it said that catching a cold could protect people from coronavirus and claimed that London was approaching herd immunity, the press regulator has ruled.

In a decision published on Thursday, Ipso's complaints committee ordered the Telegraph to publish a correction over the column, which was published in July last year under the headline: "When we have herd immunity Boris will face a reckoning on this pointless and damaging lockdown."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jan/14/daily-telegraph-rebuked-over-toby-youngs-herd-immunity-covid-column

Shakes fecking head. And we have QAnon fruitwhackoo's going on about how they were 100% right, probably be telling us they were right that catching a cold does protect you from covid next. Sigh... I despair..  Union Flag

QAnon again?

What is it dyno with you and these illusive references to these american groups?

Im starting to wonder what age you actually are dyno.?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

.An article by Toby Young for the Daily Telegraph was "significantly misleading" when it said that catching a cold could protect people from coronavirus and claimed that London was approaching herd immunity, the press regulator has ruled.

In a decision published on Thursday, Ipso's complaints committee ordered the Telegraph to publish a correction over the column, which was published in July last year under the headline: "When we have herd immunity Boris will face a reckoning on this pointless and damaging lockdown."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jan/14/daily-telegraph-rebuked-over-toby-youngs-herd-immunity-covid-column

Shakes fecking head. And we have QAnon fruitwhackoo's going on about how they were 100% right, probably be telling us they were right that catching a cold does protect you from covid next. Sigh... I despair..  Union Flag
+++