So they're now British fish and they're better and happier fish for it

Started by HDQQ, January 14, 2021, 07:48:18 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 15, 2021, 12:26:49 AM
Well maybe a part of the problem for the British Sea Food Export Industry, is that their key European markets are all in Lockdown (France no starting a curfew from 6pm each night).
Face it, if your main customers are French Wholesalers serving the Catering Industry, you will be well and truly stuffed by the reality of the French Lockdown, irrespective of any post Brexit paperwork issues.
Brexit paperwork, does sound like a good way to break contract, fault free.

Well said sampan.

My brother in law is in south east france , and was telling us only last night about all the issues he has with the 6 pm curfew in france via facebook.

His area relys on the tourist trade and this is prime time skiing season with all the snow they have in the alps , and he was saying how the place is deserted and business are on the verge of meltdown with all the covid measures.

Macrons infamy grows daily , and the french are on the verge of rioting.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 12:17:42 AM
Oh blimey T00ts not you,the little blue person.

Quite. Frankly how anyone can still support the current inept out of touch totally useless government is frightening.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Sampanviking

Well maybe a part of the problem for the British Sea Food Export Industry, is that their key European markets are all in Lockdown (France no starting a curfew from 6pm each night).
Face it, if your main customers are French Wholesalers serving the Catering Industry, you will be well and truly stuffed by the reality of the French Lockdown, irrespective of any post Brexit paperwork issues.
Brexit paperwork, does sound like a good way to break contract, fault free.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 09:44:57 PM
I confessed earlier that I am lately slightly irritated. Do you thnk I am moaning? Perhaps, but it doesn't change my point of view that too many people are just doing their best to blow everything out of proportion.  It's as if reason has gone out of civilisation.
Oh blimey T00ts not you,the little blue person.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

My cod I had yesterday was looking very happy when I got it from the chip van yesterday.
In fact it was battered and in bits.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2021, 08:46:45 PM
Remind me T00ts and you telling us off re mega moans  :P :P ;)

I confessed earlier that I am lately slightly irritated. Do you thnk I am moaning? Perhaps, but it doesn't change my point of view that too many people are just doing their best to blow everything out of proportion.  It's as if reason has gone out of civilisation. 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 08:26:16 PM
No you just want to blow it up into a great big scandal.  Fishermen are not alone in facing bancruptcy just now. We came out of EU a few days ago. The Government is flat out with Covid.  Some people want blood! Do we know yet where the fault is? Isn't it just possible that the unity between us and the EU worked out in the trade agreement is just being frustrated partly because systems are new and border controls working against us? We have seen it with the ham sandwiches - regardless of politicians' efforts the men at the borders also have an axe to grind. We have escaped and they will try to punish us. If need be we need to bipass them.
Remind me T00ts and you telling us off re mega moans  :P :P ;)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 08:14:11 PM
Little laugh? 
Try telling that to the British Fishing industry a significant number of whom face bankruptcy within the next few days.

No you just want to blow it up into a great big scandal.  Fishermen are not alone in facing bancruptcy just now. We came out of EU a few days ago. The Government is flat out with Covid.  Some people want blood! Do we know yet where the fault is? Isn't it just possible that the unity between us and the EU worked out in the trade agreement is just being frustrated partly because systems are new and border controls working against us? We have seen it with the ham sandwiches - regardless of politicians' efforts the men at the borders also have an axe to grind. We have escaped and they will try to punish us. If need be we need to bipass them.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 14, 2021, 08:08:02 PM
Poor Jacob tries to raise a little laugh and the sky falls in.

Little laugh? 
Try telling that to the British Fishing industry a significant number of whom face bankruptcy within the next few days.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2021, 08:03:25 PM
Fish have eu citizenship? Take the scales from your eyes  brexit is ended or as the French say Fin,General de Gill was right.....we should never have joined.

Liked for the pun-ditry.

It was JRM's idea of a joke, pretty unfunny but standard fare aor the member for the 19th C, taking it overly literally is probably slightly pointless.

I'm sure the 80% profit dropoff in the Scot fish industry says plenty but we will soon hear folks telling us that's a propaganda lie too..
+++

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 07:54:29 PM
Jacob Rees Mogg is a bloody fool.  He risks getting several lorry loads of rotting fish being dumped on outside his home, and the same thing outside the Houses of Parliament.
Frankly JRM, Bojo-The-Clown, Gove, and George Useless don't have a bloody clue.
The Tory MY where I live seems to have gone back into hiding again.

Here we all are bemoaning the lack of any levity and gloom and doom everywhere. Poor Jacob tries to raise a little laugh and the sky falls in. It doesn't mean that he or anyone takes the subject any less seriously. Even politicians are allowed to have a giggle sometimes, or they'll end up as miserable and unforgiving as a lot of the electorate. For goodness sake lighten up. It was a quip nothing more!

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on January 14, 2021, 07:48:18 PM
Jacob Rees-Mogg claims that British fish are now better and happier after Brexit.

A) The fish don't know anything about Brexit.

B) They don't care whether they're caught by a British trawler or a French one, although they'd prefer not to be caught at all.

C) Fish still have free movement. What might be a British fish one day could be a French fish (with full EU citizenship) the next day.

When the British people voted to surrender their freedoms and privileges in 2016, why didn't they think about fish?

Mod edit to fix very odd thread title
Fish have eu citizenship? Take the scales from your eyes  brexit is ended or as the French say Fin,General de Gill was right.....we should never have joined.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on January 14, 2021, 07:48:18 PM
Jacob Rees-Mogg claims that British fish are now better and happier after Brexit.

A) The fish don't know anything about Brexit.

B) They don't care whether they're caught by a British trawler or a French one, although they'd prefer not to be caught at all.

C) Fish still have free movement. What might be a British fish one day could be a French fish (with full EU citizenship) the next day.

When the British people voted to surrender their freedoms and privileges in 2016, why didn't they think about fish, did they?

Jacob Rees Mogg is a bloody fool.  He risks getting several lorry loads of rotting fish being dumped on outside his home, and the same thing outside the Houses of Parliament.
Frankly JRM, Bojo-The-Clown, Gove, and George Useless don't have a bloody clue.
The Tory MY where I live seems to have gone back into hiding again.