So they're now British fish and they're better and happier fish for it

Started by HDQQ, January 14, 2021, 07:48:18 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 09:08:12 AM
You need to actually read my contributions.
My real point is even if I were a rabid Tory, the incompetence of the current government would have me complaining to them.
Where are the complaints and protests from Tories?

Are you seriously telling people that they need to read what you put?
You are the master at not understanding the context before posting.

:D :D :D
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 09:43:56 AM
A comedian (now dead) from the NW of England who appeared on the local tv from time to time,every time Starmer pipes up I immediately see the paper head and hear the nasal inanity.

Starmer has more than a few problems of his own making he will have to deal with in the near future.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

:D Ican't stop laughing.

He's a corny comedian and very blue but funny.  :D
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 09:32:32 AM

Who is Frank Sidebottom?
A comedian (now dead) from the NW of England who appeared on the local tv from time to time,every time Starmer pipes up I immediately see the paper head and hear the nasal inanity.
https://youtu.be/ib2gzFpLKkU
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 09:27:21 AM
What would work for you.......a firing squad?

Do you think Frank Sidebottom is the man to heal all our ills?

He isn't worth the cost of the ammunition.

Who is Frank Sidebottom?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 09:21:26 AM
That isn't working very well for Bojo-The-Clown.
What would work for you.......a firing squad?

Do you think Frank Sidebottom is the man to heal all our ills?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 09:19:26 AM
I would see a system that works for the people not a pretence where it's window dressing whilst those at the helm slap on the grease paint and think we're all fooled.

That isn't working very well for Bojo-The-Clown.

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 09:02:20 AM
I don't endorse those silly views obviously but what would you do about it to improve things?

The current crop's ideas aren't working clearly.
What I've been saying for some time,the long hard road of political reform that really does burst the Westminster bubble.
True reform of the House of Lords from a comfy club with an ever expanding number of has beens,not that we don't need a second chamber to hold to account any loonies but need it be so bloated?

Sure there are politicians of conviction and honesty but we need to attract more of these than ones who should be convicted.

Look Dyno it might all be idealism on my part but I would see a system that works for the people not a pretence where it's window dressing whilst those at the helm slap on the grease paint and think we're all fooled.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 09:08:12 AM
My real point is even if I were a rabid Tory, the incompetence of the current government would have me complaining to them.

There have been loads of complaints by Tories about their party, in fairness, even on here.

And you are pretty much openly making it.. nevermind
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 09:04:47 AM
I can see your nose growing from here.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 09:03:08 AM
I have never stated any such thing.

I don't have any issue with you right now, but I'm gently suggesting that's not true..... I've seen you say those things and deppity picked you up on it.

And you repeated it on another firum and were picked up on it there too.

+++

cromwell

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 08:58:35 AM

You also reckon that a bunch of geriatric bikers endless rolls of nato razor wire,roadblocks,machine gun nests,helicopter gunships and minefields will solve all our problems.

I have never stated any such thing.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 08:58:35 AM
Frankly you have been saying this for years,and that you don't support the Labour Party,that this country is way above its carrying capacity yet think the ending of free movement by brexit is madness,that you do/don't think leaving the eu is a good/bad idea,
You also reckon that a bunch of geriatric bikers endless rolls of nato razor wire,roadblocks,machine gun nests,helicopter gunships and minefields will solve all our problems.

And frankly given the above you think we and how we regard the situation is frightening,well your outlook is a tragicomedy.

I don't endorse those silly views obviously but what would you do about it to improve things?

The current crop's ideas aren't working clearly.
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 07:13:52 AM
Quite. Frankly how anyone can still support the current inept out of touch totally useless government is frightening.
Frankly you have been saying this for years,and that you don't support the Labour Party,that this country is way above its carrying capacity yet think the ending of free movement by brexit is madness,that you do/don't think leaving the eu is a good/bad idea,

And frankly given the above you think we and how we regard the situation is frightening,well your outlook is a tragicomedy.