UK heads for double-dip recession as GDP falls 2.6%

Started by Dynamis, January 15, 2021, 07:34:50 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2021, 08:58:25 AM

We don't have an economy.

Everything is shut down. All tourism and hospitality of course but the engineering firms on the industrial estate I worked at until I changed jobs in October are all shut.

Next Thursday YouTube's paying me £30 for an hour giving my views to a focus group for Prickford and co.

so what you are saying is things arent any better , if not worse in labours cymric fiefdom where they have been in power since devolution was established 21 years ago?

Im shocked john.

Where is this mythical better world of the labour party that dreamers like dynamis keep telling us about?
;) :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

And the economic and social consequences of endless unmitigated waves of the virus (as immunity expires after as short as 3months) were what in comparison?

+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 09:00:59 PMor maybe that Australia locked down its economy at a cost of 1billion per person?

No, I already said it was 100 Million and that I got the decimal point in the wrong place. But it's now 201 million per death: More than doubled in six months, but you carry on with your nonsense thinking 200 million Pounds per death is worth it. 820 deaths out of 909 recorded in Victoria alone but they locked down the whole country  and put the country in their first recession in 30 years. Not even 2008 caused a recession in Australia.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2021, 08:20:42 PM
There is no misinterpreting

True, it's wilful & deliberate twisting of the meaning, that'd be more accurate.

... like with poll rounding? So you think yougov's been posting fake polls, or maybe that Australia locked down its economy at a cost of 1billion per person?

Quotethere is however a lot of back peddling going on.

As always. ;)
+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 08:30:12 AMYou have a thing for misinterpreting all or most of my posts

There is no misinterpreting, there is however a lot of back peddling going on.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on January 15, 2021, 11:18:53 AM
My point is that not all is doom and gloom. You are like Gerry, want to bring down England and every opportunity. It's only a short trip across the channel if you want to go.
We'll miss you.

I know you will, some others virtually begged me to stay and said the place was not the same without me.  ;D

Maybe being a realist means not sticking your fingers in your ears and whistling when people write negativity, thus spoiling your cosmic shamanic vibes man!  Union Flag I know it's a twatty thing to say and sooty would not be pleased but hey.

I know QAnon believes in that stuff, and are sick of gimmiegrants snowing down in their back gardens and kicking over the livestock and garden gnomes, and fouling it up with half digested haggis and fruma chicken soup, but I assure you it's all in your head. I don't work for the corporate step or the EU, I'm not French or Irish, nor am I a sockpuppet for your best friend Goodfellas and I'm not an advisor to Starmer.

Like many people, if I could afford to move to southern France or a nice part of Italy, I surely would. It's nice out there. This might be a surprised but Brit expats do exist you know?

+++

Sheepy

Let me see, we have done the NHS to be pissed off about, we have done how we should be pissed off because we don't like mass immigration and illegal immigration, we have done people should be pissed off because we don't vote labour, we should be pissed off because we don't except the Brussels mafia rule over us, now we are on the economy to be pissed off about, which in dream world, the Lefties are going to cure all ills. Including Covid and save the world with being greener than the green, green grass of home. I am somehow in doubt of it all.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 11:02:45 AM
And your point is that we are doing better than them, good luck with that .jpg.
My point is that not all is doom and gloom. You are like Gerry, want to bring down England and every opportunity. It's only a short trip across the channel if you want to go.
We'll miss you.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on January 15, 2021, 10:42:03 AM
The currency market is showing more confidence in the £ than the Euro.
Euro managed to reach 93p when they were negotiating and now down below 89p, so 5% down.
What can't speak can't lie.
https://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=FOREX_EURGBP

And your point is that we are doing better than them, good luck with that .jpg.
+++

Barry

The currency market is showing more confidence in the £ than the Euro.
Euro managed to reach 93p when they were negotiating and now down below 89p, so 5% down.
What can't speak can't lie.
https://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=FOREX_EURGBP
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2021, 08:58:25 AM

October are all shut.

Next Thursday YouTube's paying me £30 for an hour giving my views to a focus group for Prickford and co.

I get 5 or 6 email requests a day asking me for my opinion. No-one has offered to pay me, (yet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2021, 08:21:16 AM

couldnt agree more john , but it wont stop the british left and these labour party worms trying to make political capital out of it.

Of course we all know the mess labour and the left make of the economy when they govern in the sunshine of an economic boom handed to them on a plate from  the tories , never mind trying to work their way through something as catastrophic as covid.

I dread to think the mess labour and captain hindsight would be making of things at present.

Is the labour run economy of wales booming at the minute john?

How are things in the labour run utopia of drakeford and co? Magic money trees everywhere and a land of plenty i assume? ;D :D Puke

We don't have an economy.

Everything is shut down. All tourism and hospitality of course but the engineering firms on the industrial estate I worked at until I changed jobs in October are all shut.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 08:39:07 AM
I believe you, which is why you spent plenty of time at xmas writing angry posts directly about me which made me piss myself laughing.

:D

Angry posts?

Well if i remember aright , you wandered around the forum liking my "angry " jokes and pissing yourself laughing.

Then , on the subject of anger , remind us all who it was again who was banned for throwing a right feckin tantrum about migrants in dinghies and priti patel , telling deppity dawg how you wished he had is throat slit in paddy land , and all that?

You are so easy to wind up its laughable dyno.

I think your latest "lie" in this post is all about you self projecting your lefty shouty anger onto others when cornered.

Thomas

9 posts in on this thread , and you still cant tell us why you felt the need to add the words "told ya so" in the op , then in the same post desperately try and qualify the opposite to shield yourself from the inevitable flak.

I used to get great pleasure in days gone by reading the coherent arguments and passioned intellectual posts of english lefties on our old forum like jamc , marxist nutter and many more.

....but if you are an example of whats left of the anglo left in south east england , then by feck no wonder the left are in such a state.

Waffling on about mad american groups , bleating about brexit and the economy , weak political point scoring over covid and woke arguments about black lesbians on migrant dinghies.

When you pick a losing cause dynamis you really "push the boat out" pardon the pun.

People like jamc on our old forum used to have my utter respect for putting forth a reasoned argument and offering solutions , instead of screaming tory bad. I dont recall him once ever saying tory bad.

This however today seems to be the depth of debate across political forums.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2021, 08:32:40 AM
im not angry dynamis.

I get more heated cleaning out my sock drawer than i do reading your posts.

Its a pleasure tweaking the noses of every single brit lefty i can find.

I believe you, which is why you spent plenty of time at xmas writing angry posts directly about me which made me piss myself laughing.

You just join in with yer mate papasmurf in calling for my internet to be barred, and team ducky in calling for russian disruptivist sockpuppets like mean old dynamis to be banned while I laugh my arse off everytime you pretend not to care.

Go and join your team, and expect me to keep laughing at the frauds trying to self reflect.  :D
+++