Anyone else missing Brexit?

Started by Borchester, January 15, 2021, 09:19:16 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2021, 01:59:34 AM
I know that it is wrong and probably illegal, but I never could stand John Lennon
Mark Chapman wasn't a fan, either.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on January 16, 2021, 12:51:41 AM
Just careful for what you wish for, stick with the spuds, give peace a chance and all of that malarky.

I know that it is wrong and probably illegal, but I never could stand John Lennon
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2021, 12:37:10 AM
Well, let us not go over the top Sheep. If the balloon goes up I will do my corporal Jones act and stumble, tin legged and rheumy eyed into the nation's battle line. But to be honest, I wasn't thinking much beyond planting a second crop of Arran Pilot so as to have a few extra spuds at Christmas.
Just careful for what you wish for, stick with the spuds, give peace a chance and all of that malarky.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on January 16, 2021, 12:19:39 AM
Don't kid yourself Borchester, Blair and his international cartel of cronies have control of the labour party back, he kills millions for fun and destroys countries at a drop of a hat, his crew are so far up the EU's backside you wouldn't believe it and he has planted people in every level of government and beyond. If you don't constantly fight them for democracy you will lose it again in a flash.

Well, let us not go over the top Sheep. If the balloon goes up I will do my corporal Jones act and stumble, tin legged and rheumy eyed into the nation's battle line. But to be honest, I wasn't thinking much beyond planting a second crop of Arran Pilot so as to have a few extra spuds at Christmas.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Don't kid yourself Borchester, Blair and his international cartel of cronies have control of the labour party back, he kills millions for fun and destroys countries at a drop of a hat, his crew are so far up the EU's backside you wouldn't believe it and he has planted people in every level of government and beyond. If you don't constantly fight them for democracy you will lose it again in a flash.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 15, 2021, 11:44:34 PM
Have no fear Borky if there's no bumps some will be manufactured,you can't let all those predictions of you'll be sorry go out with a whimper.

Of course. I forgot about Gerry and Pappy. Thanks for reminding me Ollie.  :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Have no fear Borky if there's no bumps some will be manufactured,you can't let all those predictions of you'll be sorry go out with a whimper.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on January 15, 2021, 09:19:16 PM
I mean the bit where the UK returns to Third World staus, prior to sinking beneath the waves as a dread reminder of the horrors of nationalism and ignoring the Guardian editorials?

I wasn't really looking forward to it but....

I have got about ten poles of grassland that I could break up and plant with roots and legumes. And another 20 poles of fruit trees and bushes should keep us in blackberry and black currant and gooseberry pies and raspberry and strawberry and plum desserts and plenty of apples and pears for the cider and perry.

And we have access to a sort of communal workshop where I could bodge up most things.

Selfish I admit. The mortgage is paid and the kids off our hands so we don't have any responsibilities and so can afford to act like a couple of geriatric hippies. Other folk have responsibilities so have to act a bit more mature.

Still, a few bumps on the way would have been fun.   :)

And I could re install the wood stove. We had to take it out because of Madam's asthma but I could put up a shed and use it as a heater for the central heating. Bloody inefficient but so what? There is always plenty of timber around and the ash would be great for the garden. And I could install a furnace for her glasswork.

Bollocks, just a small crisis, is that so much to ask?
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

I mean the bit where the UK returns to Third World staus, prior to sinking beneath thewaves as a dread reminder of the horrors of nationalism and ignoring the Guardian editorials?

I wasn't really looking forward to it but....

I have got about ten poles of grassland that I could break up and plant with roots and legumes. And another 20 poles of fruit trees and bushes should keep us in blackberry and black currant and gooseberry pies and raspberry and strawberry and plum desserts and plenty of apples and pears for the cider and perry.

And we have access to a sort of communal workshop where I could bodge up most things.

Selfish I admit. The mortgage is paid and the kids off our hands so we don't have any responsibilities and so can afford to act like a couple of geriatric hippies. Other folk have responsibilities so have to act a bit more mature.

Still, a few bumps on theway would have been fun.   :) 
Algerie Francais !