Main Menu

The Great EU

Started by Nick, January 16, 2021, 02:24:17 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 27, 2021, 09:22:09 PM
It's not accidental at all, it perfectly illustrates the benefits of being in charge of your own laws and decisions.
Yes but they are demanding the shortfall be from vaccines in Britain.

I'd just say welcome to brexit  :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55822602
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 27, 2021, 12:20:04 PM
It's an accidental benefit of Brexit

It's not accidental at all, it perfectly illustrates the benefits of being in charge of your own laws and decisions.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 27, 2021, 12:20:04 PM
It's an accidental benefit of Brexit because AstraZeneca, which is a part-British and part Swedish (EU) company says it can only deliver 30 million doses to the EU rather than the 80 million doses agreed. The EU signed a deal for 300 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, with an option for another 100 million last August, so it looks like a supply problem by the manufacturer.  Anyway this is only part of the story as the EU has also ordered 600 million doses of the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine. The population of the EU is 446 million.

Anyway we have the worst covid figures of any country in Europe. While it might be possible to attempt  to construct a pretext to and blame this on Brexit, I'm not going to sink that low.

I think you'll find that Belgium has the worst COVID figures in the world, followed by Slovenia, this is based on population. Another point is that how many of these countries are actually giving true figures like we are, in fact we are giving higher figures due to this stupid death within 28 days of COVID.

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on January 23, 2021, 08:52:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55771223

You were asking us to name a benefit of Brexit HDQQ. Well here it is, UK approaching 6 million vaccines administered, the EU barely started. Maybe you might get it mow, but I doubt it.

It's an accidental benefit of Brexit because AstraZeneca, which is a part-British and part Swedish (EU) company says it can only deliver 30 million doses to the EU rather than the 80 million doses agreed. The EU signed a deal for 300 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, with an option for another 100 million last August, so it looks like a supply problem by the manufacturer.  Anyway this is only part of the story as the EU has also ordered 600 million doses of the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine. The population of the EU is 446 million.

Anyway we have the worst covid figures of any country in Europe. While it might be possible to attempt  to construct a pretext to and blame this on Brexit, I'm not going to sink that low.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55771223

You were asking us to name a benefit of Brexit HDQQ. Well here it is, UK approaching 6 million vaccines administered, the EU barely started. Maybe you might get it mow, but I doubt it.

HDQQ

We have been lucky in that the Astrazeneca vaccine was developed here and it's relatively cheap and can be stored in a normal fridge. It's also believed to be very effective. Let's hope that is borne out by the statistics as the weeks pass. In all other aspects of the covid-19 pandemic, we've fared badly, partly due to wrong or late decisions by our government and partly due to the carelessness, irresponsibility and ignorance of a large section of our general public.

The EU has been a bit slow in approving vaccines and that will cost lives - Spain is seeing a sudden surge in cases that looks similar in scale to what we experienced here a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit confused though, because I can find reference to individual EU countries approving vaccines (France, Hungary) dated earlier than EU approval references.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on January 16, 2021, 12:06:47 PM
Gerry is probably worried about Ireland having the highest infection rate in the World, whilst simultaneously walking around with his left sleeve rolled up waiting for someone to give him a jab.

barry you know more about what is happening in ireland than gerry does.

Gerry couldnt care less about ireland , all he wants to talk about is brexit.

Did gerry ever tell you brexit is bad? :)

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Gerry is probably worried about Ireland having the highest infection rate in the World, whilst simultaneously walking around with his left sleeve rolled up waiting for someone to give him a jab.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

The all mighty EU is now announcing that Pfizer is having problems manufacturing and therefore distributing vaccines to EU states. If only the UK had left the EU and were able to manufacture and distribute their own vaccine we would have administer over three million jabs by now!! Oh we have, and we are streets ahead of the EU when it comes to a shot in the arm. Where are your 300 million Jabs that you were bragging about now @GerryT ?

I know we shouldn't gloat about stuff like this but the attitude from the likes of Gerry makes us feel like this.