Main Menu

The Great EU

Started by Nick, January 16, 2021, 02:24:17 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: HDQQ on January 29, 2021, 10:39:29 PM
Like a lot of other people on these boards you are a very rude person Nick, with little or no respect for facts or the truth.

You're beyond a joke at times. You omit facts like the EU not ordering the AZ vaccine until 3 months after the UK did, but then expecting to get the same delivery schedule? On what planet does three months of lost time translate into instant deliveries?

You omit facts such as France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands forming a "vaccine alliance" to help procurement, then being overuled by their respective governments and told to step back in favour of the EU iniative

In case you missed it -

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2020/06/03/france-germany-italy-and-the-netherlands-working-together-to-find-a-vaccine-for-countries-in-europe-and-beyond

QuoteFrance, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands firmly believe that a common strategy and joint investments are crucial to success in this area. They have therefore agreed to form the %u2018Inclusive Vaccine Alliance%u2019. According to the alliance, one of the most urgent matters at hand is to accelerate the development process and ensure global access to an effective vaccine.

The 4 countries want to involve the European Commission in negotiations and provide other EU member states with the opportunity to participate in initiatives resulting from the alliance. This will allow everyone in Europe %u2013 and especially those who are most vulnerable %u2013 to benefit from a vaccine. The alliance is also working to make a portion of vaccines available to low-income countries, including in Africa.

If ever a statement was to come back to haunt the author, that one is it

But as ever, you're so far up the EU's arse, you couldn't see a candle in a mineshaft

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 29, 2021, 10:39:29 PM
Like a lot of other people on these boards you are a very rude person Nick, with little or no respect for facts or the truth.

Firstly, my post is factually correct and true.
Secondly, where have I been rude? Stating that you're making your self look foolish! You think that is rude?
You should grow a pair and not accuse people of being rude just to hide behind the fact you haven't got an answer to a post. Have you seen what the EU are doing? The reason you're upset is that your 4 year argument that the EU is the all powerful and benevolent state is crumbling around your ears, you can no longer scream that Brexit is the devil and so you have to resort to deflecting from the facts and call me rude.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 29, 2021, 01:19:18 PM
The contract has just been published and apparently is states that for the purposes of the vaccine contract the UK will be regarded as part of the EU.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55852698

If you scroll down this page to the 13.04 timestamp, there's a piece by Adam Parsons explaining that the EU's contract with AstraZeneca was to supply the vaccine, regardless of where it's manufactured.
https://news.sky.com/story/uk-covid-news-live-latest-updates-schools-in-wales-could-open-after-half-term-as-eu-seeks-explanation-for-vaccine-supply-problems-12198151

However there's a huge variation in the level of vaccination between EU countries, so on a wider issue it's not just about the UK vs. the EU.

No, a redacted version has been published which shows exactly what AZ said it did, "AZ shall use its Best Reasonable Efforts to manufacture". It also goes on to say that the EU recognises that it may not be possible to manufacture any Additional Doses prior to....... They scrub out the date in good old EU subterfuge.

You're trying to defend the indefensible Ducky and making your self look foolish in the process.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 29, 2021, 01:19:18 PM
The contract has just been published and apparently is states that for the purposes of the vaccine contract the UK will be regarded as part of the EU.

If you scroll down this page to the 13.04 timestamp, there's a piece by Adam Parsons explaining that the EU's contract with AstraZeneca was to supply the vaccine, regardless of where it's manufactured.
https://news.sky.com/story/uk-covid-news-live-latest-updates-schools-in-wales-could-open-after-half-term-as-eu-seeks-explanation-for-vaccine-supply-problems-12198151

However there's a huge variation in the level of vaccination between EU countries, so on a wider issue it's not just about the UK vs. the EU.

Neither the EU nor AZ have any powers to decree that the UK is part of the EU, that is a ridiculous statement.
Just another nail in the EU's coffin, the EU countries will think long and hard about this issue.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 29, 2021, 12:14:44 PM
Have you seen the contract the EU has with AZ? No, so how can you say their allocation?
Heard the term 'first up best dressed'?
Whatever the ins and outs if anybody had any doubts about brexit this should lift it,they are supposed to be all about inclusion,cooperation,free trade and so now whilst they demand  what's produced in the UK they threaten to stop that produced in the eu.

A crap bureaucracy has caused this for them imo,their response has ben like hitting a dinosaur on the tail,timelapse before they shout OW!
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Good old

Quote from: Nick on January 29, 2021, 12:14:44 PM
Have you seen the contract the EU has with AZ? No, so how can you say their allocation?

This seems an extraordinary situation, as the EU doesn't plan to clear AZ for use until later today, that is if they actually do give it clearance. Yet already they demand instant supplies.
At the same time there are more claims seeping out of Germany, that the stuffs probably crap anyway. Come on either it's wanted or it ain't,t.  And why should AZ be producing it at record rates when bodies in the EU can't make their minds up whether it's any good or not.  Smacks of piles of sour grapes, been building up over there.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on January 28, 2021, 07:29:14 PM
Re the shortfall in AstraZeneca vaccines. Developing the vaccine has been a great achievement, but has someone over promised on the delivery. Obviously from the UK's point of view we don't want our allocation diverted elsewhere but from the EU's point of view it's understandable that they'd be upset at being short changed on what they'd signed up for, especially when they see someone else getting their full allocation.

HDQQ

Re the shortfall in AstraZeneca vaccines. Developing the vaccine has been a great achievement, but has someone over promised on the delivery. Obviously from the UK's point of view we don't want our allocation diverted elsewhere but from the EU's point of view it's understandable that they'd be upset at being short changed on what they'd signed up for, especially when they see someone else getting their full allocation.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 28, 2021, 07:12:25 AM
I see Gerry wearetheu was lurking last night,I think he had the needle (or lack thereof).about something and I guess was desperate to tell us "well this was what you voted for live with it" but all is not well in Ireland.

There is much apologising going on about the actions of church and state, and more apparently to look forward to,I could say "well this was what you voted for" but I'm not that mean and if they do get things wrong they are apparently  sent back to vote again till they come up with the correct answer.. ::)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/26/ireland-mother-and-baby-home-scandal-asylum-system

I thought it might have something to do the vaccination rate in the UK being four times that of the Irish Republic

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/vaccination-rate-in-uk-four-times-higher-than-irelands-as-fears-grow-that-shortages-will-slow-down-roll-out-to-over-70s-40021071.html

But the story wasn't carried by the BBC and Gerry does not read the Irish press. In fact I am not overly sure that he knows where Ireland is.

I have to say I miss the lad. I have a nasty feeling that this Brexit business will work out well. Which is fine, except that I (and I suspect a lot of fellow Brits), was rather looking forward to dusting off the Vera Lynn records and planting spuds in the church yards. So come back Gerry and explain where we are getting it all wrong.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 28, 2021, 07:12:25 AM
I see Gerry wearetheu was lurking last night,I think he had the needle (or lack thereof).about something and I guess was desperate to tell us "well this was what you voted for live with it" but all is not well in Ireland.

no i think he has realised the truth of what i was telling him about covid stealing the wind from his sails , and has decided to bide his time cromwell.

Lets be honest cromwell the eu is barely if at all getting a mention at the minute , such is the hysteria over covid.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

There is much apologising going on about the actions of church and state, and more apparently to look forward to,I could say "well this was what you voted for" but I'm not that mean and if they do get things wrong they are apparently  sent back to vote again till they come up with the correct answer.. ::)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/26/ireland-mother-and-baby-home-scandal-asylum-system
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on January 27, 2021, 09:48:05 PM
Yes but they are demanding the shortfall be from vaccines in Britain.

I'd just say welcome to brexit  :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55822602

After the crap they have put our fishermen through this last month? If only it was British owned, we tell them to swivel!!   Union Flag