Natural Selection or Vaccine?

Started by T00ts, January 16, 2021, 04:22:35 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 16, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
Thomas raised this question in a response to me in the Reason to take Vaccine thread and it really started me thinking. I realised that it could be a much bigger question than first appears because I very soon saw that I couldn't omit the Spiritual side of the argument. This led me to realise that I would be drifting the thread way off.

I don't wish to make this OP too long but according to my understanding all knowledge comes from God when He decides we need it. When Covid kicked off and several vaccines appeared in double quick time I felt that the new science that this has created specifically in the Pfizer vaccine although not yet completely tested, will prove to be a major breakthrough and the new techniques have already shown uses beyond Covid. At the same time we are hearing of other breakthroughs in Cancer treatments and there are others.

Mankind faces an important moment with Covid so no vaccine? Allow natural selection? I don't think it an argument. God has given us the knowledge to fight Covid. Whether we use it or not is our choice. Whether Drug companies make millions or prove altruistic  is their choice. God's judgement will follow.

So for me the vaccine is God's gift to mankind so I will take it and give thanks for the blessing.

sorry toots but im not sure you are really answering the questions raised in the article i posted.

You cant go around claiming all the things you want to see happen in the world as gods gift.

Im not mocking your personal belief one bit . Bringing religion into an ethical question about the world relying more and more on vaccines really isnt addressing anything.

heres one of the questions askd in the article.

QuoteAgain, is it ethical to deny children, young people and others their opportunity for natural immunity, and to plan to make them dependent on vaccine-induce immunity, to in effect make them dependent on the vaccine industry?

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1089/rr-6

Are you saying that it is gods will to make the world dependent more  and more on the vaccine industry ?

Where are we headed as a society? To a world where no risk whatsoever will be tolerated at any stage? Where does it end?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on January 16, 2021, 04:31:20 PM
Hopefully one day your god will decided to give us a cure to diseases and viruses that we have none for, while currently the people with them suffer, deteriorate, and die.

If you want to claim blessings and gifts, I won't stop you, but I will insist that you accept (and praise) the lack of blessings and gifts in the same breath.

He is not just my God He is yours too and yes you are right that there are diseases that we do not have the means to cure. I find it very difficult to reconcile your conviction that God doesn't care, with the love that I know He shows us all. Yes some suffer more than others. I would not guess the reasons for that. Having said that - without Covid we would not have managed to find the cure. Perhaps the same is true of other diseases. Perhaps so far we have not found it. Perhaps the Covid vaccine technique will lead us to them. Who is to know how learning, invention inspiration will evolve.

Fortunately you are in no position to instruct me on what I might praise or accept as blessings, having it seems absolutely no Spiritual understanding yet.

Nalaar

Hopefully one day your god will decided to give us a cure to diseases and viruses that we have none for, while currently the people with them suffer, deteriorate, and die.

If you want to claim blessings and gifts, I won't stop you, but I will insist that you accept (and praise) the lack of blessings and gifts in the same breath. 
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Thomas raised this question in a response to me in the Reason to take Vaccine thread and it really started me thinking. I realised that it could be a much bigger question than first appears because I very soon saw that I couldn't omit the Spiritual side of the argument. This led me to realise that I would be drifting the thread way off.

I don't wish to make this OP too long but according to my understanding all knowledge comes from God when He decides we need it. When Covid kicked off and several vaccines appeared in double quick time I felt that the new science that this has created specifically in the Pfizer vaccine although not yet completely tested, will prove to be a major breakthrough and the new techniques have already shown uses beyond Covid. At the same time we are hearing of other breakthroughs in Cancer treatments and there are others.

Mankind faces an important moment with Covid so no vaccine? Allow natural selection? I don't think it an argument. God has given us the knowledge to fight Covid. Whether we use it or not is our choice. Whether Drug companies make millions or prove altruistic  is their choice. God's judgement will follow.

So for me the vaccine is God's gift to mankind so I will take it and give thanks for the blessing.