Cornwall to host G7 summit of world leaders this summer

Started by papasmurf, January 16, 2021, 08:42:09 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 17, 2021, 09:11:05 AM
I thought you'd be pleased,there'll be roadblocks,razor wire,helicopter gunships,machine guns......what more could you ask for?

Quite a huge terrorist target, for both foreign and domestic terrorists.  Assuming Covid 19 lock downs have finished  by then at that time of year the roads in Cornwall are blocked anyway. Which should make it "fun" for the media/press circus to get from Falmouth to Carbis Bay.
They who is going pay for the security? (That cost will far outweigh any benefit there might be.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 17, 2021, 09:11:05 AM
I thought you'd be pleased,there'll be roadblocks,razor wire,helicopter gunships,machine guns......what more could you ask for?

As you can see , he is already revelling in the chance that there might be some catastrophe by his quip "what could possibly go wrong".

I think he is one of these people cromwell with nothing going on in his life who absolutely delights in hardship death and destruction or the least bit of doom and gloom.

What a sad auld barsteward.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2021, 09:06:10 AM
It appears to be accurate. To quote my wife:- "What could possibly go wrong?"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2021, 09:06:10 AM

Will you have the guns out and the barbed wire along the village perimeter to stop any foreigners or tourists getting in pappy?

papasmurf

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 08:54:48 PM
if it does happen pappy how are you going to cope with all the foreigners and tourists comeing into your cornish duchy?

;D
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2021, 10:52:37 PM
Yep Cornwall it is . They did ask if they could have it in Croydon but the dates clash with  a Jools Holland  gig  so we had to say no .

We were going to have it in London but Sadiq Khan said it was too much trouble because, well, Saddo finds most things too much trouble  :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Yep Cornwall it is . They did ask if they could have it in Croydon but the dates clash with  a Jools Holland  gig  so we had to say no .

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 08:42:09 PM
Just arrived in my email. I have to admit I am taking this news item with a big pinch of salt, can anyone verify it please:-

More at link:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/g7-summit-cornwall-host-2021-4893398

The likes of Joe Biden, Boris Johnson, Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel will be in Cornwall in June when the county hosts the G7 summit

19:52, 16 JAN 2021

Cornwall has been chosen to host the international G7 leaders' summit in June in what is likely to be a landmark first meeting between world leaders since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

It comes after speculation grew in recent days and was then confirmed by the government earlier today before being formally announced tonight.

Organisations across Cornwall have welcomed the news, pledging an event that will leave a lasting social and economic legacy to benefit all of the county's residents.

The major three-day international event will see leaders from the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States, as well as invited leaders from Australia, India, and South Korea attend. It could also be Joe Biden's first trip to the UK as President of the US.

The event will host world leaders at Carbis Bay, with neighbouring St Ives and other sites in Cornwall, such as Falmouth, hosting international delegates and media – with organisers determined to make this an event for all residents in Cornwall to experience and share.

if it does happen pappy how are you going to cope with all the foreigners and tourists comeing into your cornish duchy?

papasmurf

Just arrived in my email. I have to admit I am taking this news item with a big pinch of salt, can anyone verify it please:-

More at link:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/g7-summit-cornwall-host-2021-4893398

The likes of Joe Biden, Boris Johnson, Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel will be in Cornwall in June when the county hosts the G7 summit

19:52, 16 JAN 2021

Cornwall has been chosen to host the international G7 leaders' summit in June in what is likely to be a landmark first meeting between world leaders since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

It comes after speculation grew in recent days and was then confirmed by the government earlier today before being formally announced tonight.

Organisations across Cornwall have welcomed the news, pledging an event that will leave a lasting social and economic legacy to benefit all of the county's residents.

The major three-day international event will see leaders from the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States, as well as invited leaders from Australia, India, and South Korea attend. It could also be Joe Biden's first trip to the UK as President of the US.

The event will host world leaders at Carbis Bay, with neighbouring St Ives and other sites in Cornwall, such as Falmouth, hosting international delegates and media – with organisers determined to make this an event for all residents in Cornwall to experience and share.