Cornwall to host G7 summit of world leaders this summer

Started by papasmurf, January 16, 2021, 08:42:09 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on January 23, 2021, 11:27:27 AM
Binge drinking Diet Coke again, are we?  Dancing

i dont drink diet coke quackers. Do you ?

I know trump is a nice wee diversion from your misery about uk politics , but really quackers , what difference does it make to you?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on January 20, 2021, 04:01:18 PM
What difference will it personally make to you quackers?
Binge drinking Diet Coke again, are we?  Dancing

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on January 20, 2021, 10:45:18 AM
Well, at least Trump won't be there.

What difference will it personally make to you quackers?

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2021, 02:46:13 PM
I had a vision then of Smurfy waving his Cornish flag and making tea for the grockles.

'er, let us not go over the top  :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2021, 02:38:38 PM
Oh join the club. The sooner they open the churches the better. I love the woman, but I so miss packing her off to bother God on a Sunday rather than me.
I had a vision then of Smurfy waving his Cornish flag and making tea for the grockles.

Mod edit quoted post Crom
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 17, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
Obviously there will be no threat from the virus by June. We'll all be free to go and do as we like. Can't wait.

Oh join the club. The sooner they open the churches the better. I love the woman, but I so miss packing her off to bother God on a Sunday rather than me.

Mod edit Crom
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 17, 2021, 12:37:33 PM

Strange they aren't holding it at the Coldra Woodds Golf resort. It's where they usually hold such summits.

Strange they are holding it in Carbis bay, the venue is nearly on the beach.  Clear shot for a sea launched missile.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2021, 12:50:04 AM
We were going to have it in London but Sadiq Khan said it was too much trouble because, well, Saddo finds most things too much trouble  :)

Strange they aren't holding it at the Coldra Woodds Golf resort. It's where they usually hold such summits.

Presumably my very public revelation after the last one of these extravagances that the main arena of the conference facility is ten yards closer to my back lawn than the launch site of the home made IRA mortars that went right into number ten  has had the desired effect (making the fuckers piss off somewhere else)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Obviously there will be no threat from the virus by June. We'll all be free to go and do as we like. Can't wait.

Hopefully barry. Im hoping by easter we are getting there , and that between easter and summer we are pretty much back to some form of normality.

papasmurf

Obviously there will be no threat from the virus by June.

Really? What makes you think that?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2021, 09:32:30 AM
Hopefully I should be at a motorcycle rally 300 miles away during the G7 Summit.

So despite all the tough talk of foreigners and tourists coming into your duchy, you dont even have the bottle to stay and fight them trampling all over your patch?

How long will it take you to drive 300 miles on your moped?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2021, 10:52:37 PM
Yep Cornwall it is . They did ask if they could have it in Croydon but the dates clash with  a Jools Holland  gig  so we had to say no .

Hopefully I should be at a motorcycle rally 300 miles away during the G7 Summit.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2021, 09:18:17 AM
Quite a huge terrorist target, for both foreign and domestic terrorists.  Assuming Covid 19 lock downs have finished  by then at that time of year the roads in Cornwall are blocked anyway. Which should make it "fun" for the media/press circus to get from Falmouth to Carbis Bay.

You must be rubbing your hands with glee pappy at the thought of all that excitement.

QuoteThey who is going pay for the security? (That cost will far outweigh any benefit there might be.)

Well you could bung in a few quid from your offshore investments , and offer to do a bit of guard duty yourself.

Im sure you wouldnt even need a gun , the site of cornwalls most famour moaner sucking the life out of any would be assailant would be enough to frighten any terrorists away.