Main Menu

Forum Stig

Started by T00ts, October 12, 2019, 09:57:21 AM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

I thought the bot encouraged a bad habit, and that being the link and a comment like I agree or amazing, where you have to read the link to know what the hell it is on about, and by doing so you clock up coin for the site linked through advertisers. My current policy is to starve the Daily Mail of its beans, so links to stories are bad. i do not mind them if they provide further reading as a reference to a larger post, but this syndicating of crap was getting out of hand. I though it improved towards the end though. You have to set the example to change something.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=813 time=1571228090 user_id=74
Quote from: Barry post_id=330 time=1570916098 user_id=51
Maybe we'll see a more hands on admin with this forum, as the previous one just used a BBC bot feed to keep us plebs going.

We'll have to make our own topics now, which is better because we can post stuff that interests us, from any source, even the Irish Times. ;)

The BBC bot is the most welcome omission for me.

Yes indeed, time to make your own posts.

In fact,the old forum often had duplicated threads, one from the 'bot' and the other from a forum member created slightly earlier on the same subject.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I mostly agree with you, Baron, on that post.

Someone once said to me, if anyone wants to see what a hypocrite looks like, all they need do is look in the mirror. So, it would be a big fire, were it not for the Grace of God!
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Maybe we'll see a more hands on admin with this forum, as the previous one just used a BBC bot feed to keep us plebs going.

We'll have to make our own topics now, which is better because we can post stuff that interests us, from any source, even the Irish Times. ;)

The BBC bot is the most welcome omission for me.

Yes indeed, time to make your own posts. You might have noticed about 99% of my new threads are my own research. This is what you've gotta do to start a new thread. First find out what is going on, second, start a thread. Give a broad overview of the situation in the OP.

It might seem hard to start with, but you know, going around this world with your eyes open tends to unearth all sorts of stuff. Get into the habit of looking and then run a quick preliminary check if something looks odd is the way to go. It's highly beneficial to the self as well. I do not think you can criticise the standards of the press unless you do a better job yourself or else you would be a hypocrite. The hypocrite will burn in the fires of hell according to the bible, so no need to personally deal with them!
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

johnofgwent

Maybe we'll see a more hands on admin with this forum

Speaking as a former hands on admin elsewhere, I hope not for their sake. What they need, in violation of the rules maybe, are two accounts if they wish to poke about in the mud as well as soar in the lofty heights

Otherwise they are forever being ranted at for lousy moderation.

I speak from bitter experience.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

:hattip   Thanks I really like this smilie so was glad of an opportunity to use it.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I think I know the answer to the mystery - but no worries I will keep it safe.

T00ts

Quote from: "Forum admin" post_id=244 time=1570881363 user_id=2
I couldn't possibly comment.  However, the bread crumbs are all there. ;)

Mmmm! Bread crumbs? So is that a clue? Or is that a red herring? The mystery deepens. Is it a case of dual personality? This is not going away.

Forum admin

I couldn't possibly comment.  However, the bread crumbs are all there. ;)

T00ts

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=212 time=1570870786 user_id=49
Lets just say it's someone who is fair, honest and skilled in forum maintenance and admin. Oh and also a person of mystery. I'd just be thankful that he or she had the ability and financial  backing to give us all somewhere new to meet.

I love a mystery. I am very thankful of course, great kudos to them and all the the Mods for taking the trouble for all us unruly but lovable, opinionated keyboard warriors, it's a great compliment that so many have already arrived safely, unpacked and taken up residence...

but I can't help but wonder.....

Bright Young Thing

Lets just say it's someone who is fair, honest and skilled in forum maintenance and admin. Oh and also a person of mystery. I'd just be thankful that he or she had the ability and financial  backing to give us all somewhere new to meet.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

T00ts

He/she seems to live in the depths of Big Ben

Is the fount of all Forum knowledge

Does not appear at first glance to be an immigrant from the old forum - yet

Has a familiarity with current and past members

No doubt he/she could be the ultimate authority on all Forum battles

Who is it? Will we ever know? Will they ever tell us the truth? Is this the first really big mystery in the gloom of the TwiLiGhT ZoNe?