Why not start with the kids first?

Started by Borchester, January 18, 2021, 05:29:36 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Ask my son who is working from home with a 5 year old demanding constant attention.
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

The other side of this is the rush to get the schools reopened.
To me this is madness as it threatens to undo what little good our partial lockdown has managed to achieve.
One other thing also occurs to me.
If social contact is restricted in adults but thrown out the window for kids, the next time a major mutation of the virus catches hold, it will be one that targets its main available source of onward transmission ie the kids themselves.

You think people are bleating now!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 25, 2021, 10:53:48 AM
Seen on Tinternet:

Will the vaccine end lockdowns?  No
Wiil it make me immune? No
Will it stop me spreading the virus? No
Will it enable me to hug my gran? No
Will it enable the economy to open? No
Will it reduce infections rates? - No

Then why do you want me to take it?

Because I am being bloody well told to.

I don't reckon much on this new miracle cures coughs, colds and pimples on the belly drug myself, but Herself can nag for Britain. So I am off on Friday to have the shot. It is untested and I will probably grow a couple of new heads, but at least it will be an end to the earache.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 26, 2021, 07:51:21 AM
Trouble with the tinternet Barry is that its loaded with fake news and misinformation . I would say you have 2 /6 at best

Today, I understand Born Guessing is parroting Hancock's blather yesterday that having the vaccine won't get you out of lockdown.

Only the Moderna vaccine seems to immunise against the new strains and last week I found the NHS staff who trialled the vaccines are starting to lose the antibodies already right when I said they might.

I have been told to my face by the medical staff who put the Gestapo on guard outside the Grange hospital that they are now told by "experts" the statement put out by track and trace to survivors that they cannot pass on the disease may be 'premature"

All of the above suggest gran hugging and economic survival are things of the future.

Something IS reducing the R rate.  Not sure what.

I'd say all but 1 of Barry's insights are spot on ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Seen on Tinternet:

Then why do you want me to take it?[

And

Because it will give you a much better chance of not filling another intensive care bed, and putting the NHS and it's exhausted staff under ever more pressure. In particular the older members of society need to do this , not just for their own preservation , but  to empty the beds , and allow the exhausted staff to get their own lives back.
It's not the complete answer to our problems with COVID, but it's a flack jacket that will take a lot of pressure off the medics.

Nalaar

Will the vaccine end lockdowns?  Yes.
Wiil it make me immune? Yes.
Will it stop me spreading the virus? Yes.
Will it enable me to hug my gran? Yes.
Will it enable the economy to open? Yes.
Will it reduce infections rates? - Yes.

Now we've all seen this on the internet too...
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Seen on Tinternet:

Trouble with the tinternet Barry is that its loaded with fake news and misinformation . I would say you have 2 /6 at best

Barry

Seen on Tinternet:

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 18, 2021, 05:29:36 PM
The vaccination program is starting with the oldest first, which seems a bit odd. God know I am in no rush to throw off this mortal coil, but it has to be said that we would be better off doing things the other way round.

My generation needs the earlier ones to pay our pensions. And bus passes. And fuel allowances. And NHS bills. And if we can't ply toddlers with treats on their assurances that they won't tell mum, what is the point in being a pensioner?

So lets start with the kids first
Why? the circumstances are as Quackers stated above,the script has all along its killing the old and those with health problems so the vaccine roll out is as required and you Borky are a daft old bugger because you know the kids aren't at any real risk. :P  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

There seems to be wide agreement that very few children become ill with covid-19 although the jury is out to what degree they are asymptomatic carriers.

The elderly are the ones who are most likely to benefit from not catching covid-19 and vaccinating older people is a lot cheaper and easier than dealing with the consequences of not vaccinating them, quite apart from saving a lot of suffering.

Eventually everyone should be vaccinated and the vaccination should be carried on until the disease is eradicated or an effective treatment is found.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

The vaccination program is starting with the oldest first, which seems a bit odd. God know I am in no rush to throw off this mortal coil, but it has to be said that we would be better off doing things the other way round.

My generation needs the earlier ones to pay our pensions. And bus passes. And fuel allowances. And NHS bills. And if we can't ply toddlers with treats on their assurances that they won't tell mum, what is the point in being a pensioner?

So lets start with the kids first

Algerie Francais !