Main Menu

Homeopaths

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 14, 2019, 08:45:43 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=5990 time=1573820559 user_id=59
I meant alternatives to manufactured drugs, as in non-drugs.  Is yours natural?

It occurs naturally in some fruit and veg and other natural products. It is still being researched. It is working for me thus far, but I would not extrapolate that to the general population. The effects of natural products vary greatly from person.

I use a number of supplements that have worked for me. But I don't proselytise about them and I take all of them under medical supervision.

As my GP stated "I can't argue with test results over time."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5979 time=1573815726 user_id=89
They are and in many cases researched. I have been taking a supplement to combat Age Related Macular Degeneration.

The odd thing is despite all the research and even dosage level determined it is not available on prescription, (although it is cheap anyway.)

My doctor knew a lot about it, and my ophthalmologist found out using a special machine that had had the very early signs of it.

Since taking the supplement after several follow up checks it has not only stopped getting worse it is decreasing.

(Only time will tell though.)

I meant alternatives to manufactured drugs, as in non-drugs.  Is yours natural?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts post_id=5948 time=1573771495 user_id=54
I use homeopathic remedies regularly and have done for many years. Ignore them, scoff at them as you wish. I have endless proof of their effectiveness.

Tell us more.  What proof?  What do you take?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nalaar

Glad to see.

James ("The Amazing") Randi did a great set of talks on homeopathy a few years ago, he would start the talk by taking an overdose of homeopathic sleeping pills, and for some reason never suffered any ill effects ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=5935 time=1573766021 user_id=59
Alternatives to drugs should always be investigated.  

They are and in many cases researched. I have been taking a supplement to combat Age Related Macular Degeneration.

The odd thing is despite all the research and even dosage level determined it is not available on prescription, (although it is cheap anyway.)

My doctor knew a lot about it, and my ophthalmologist found out using a special machine that had had the very early signs of it.

Since taking the supplement after several follow up checks it has not only stopped getting worse it is decreasing.

(Only time will tell though.)

Wiggles

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=5935 time=1573766021 user_id=59
Alternatives to drugs should always be investigated.  The reason they aren't is that the drug companies want profit, and doctors like their expenses being paid.  Homeopathy seems dumb, but many other things are not studied.

A sensible post, thank God
A hand up, not a hand out

T00ts

I use homeopathic remedies regularly and have done for many years. Ignore them, scoff at them as you wish. I have endless proof of their effectiveness.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=5936 time=1573766064 user_id=59Does it?

Suggested reading:-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5256414/">https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5256414/

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5931 time=1573765124 user_id=89
Simon Stevens wants the NHS privatised, he is nasty piece of work.

On the subject of homeopathy one thing puzzles me, why does it work on animals, sometimes herds of them.

Does it?

Scott777

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=5926 time=1573764343 user_id=74
People who believe in homeopathy to a pathological extent, like psychopaths, are a tad disappointed of late. I like to do periodic checks on how our government is doing, and two things I approve of are, 1) no more NHS funding of pseudoscience, 2) qualifications in pseudoscience should not be accredited. This has been the case with homeopathy. In 2017 NHS stopped funding it, and in the last month or so the head of the NHS is demanding the largest pseudoscience outfit peddling homeopathy should become discredited, i.e. of no official recognition.

Well amidst the confusion and chaos of Blighty, I'm happy to report a result for you. Keep up the good word Simon Stevens!

Alternatives to drugs should always be investigated.  The reason they aren't is that the drug companies want profit, and doctors like their expenses being paid.  Homeopathy seems dumb, but many other things are not studied.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=5926 time=1573764343 user_id=74

Well amidst the confusion and chaos of Blighty, I'm happy to report a result for you. Keep up the good word Simon Stevens!

Simon Stevens wants the NHS privatised, he is nasty piece of work.

On the subject of homeopathy one thing puzzles me, why does it work on animals, sometimes herds of them.

Baron von Lotsov

People who believe in homeopathy to a pathological extent, like psychopaths, are a tad disappointed of late. I like to do periodic checks on how our government is doing, and two things I approve of are, 1) no more NHS funding of pseudoscience, 2) qualifications in pseudoscience should not be accredited. This has been the case with homeopathy. In 2017 NHS stopped funding it, and in the last month or so the head of the NHS is demanding the largest pseudoscience outfit peddling homeopathy should become discredited, i.e. of no official recognition.

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>