SKY NewsSturgeon to seek 'legal referendum' on Scottish independence

Started by GBNews, January 26, 2021, 01:17:37 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 26, 2021, 03:21:08 PM
It's just a case of when now. If Boris, drags it out, or even leaves it for Starmer, to deal with, this situation is not going away.
I don't think a lot of Scots see themselves part of a success story any longer. And feel they couldn't do any worse.
The SNP success, has proved that it is only a short step from complete independence . Just a matter of confidence to not only ask for it ,but actually do it.
If the will for independence  is  Truly and there ,then Boris, Starmer , must not think they can pretend otherwise.

No Indy for 100 years then  :D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

It's just a case of when now. If Boris, drags it out, or even leaves it for Starmer, to deal with, this situation is not going away.
I don't think a lot of Scots see themselves part of a success story any longer. And feel they couldn't do any worse.
The SNP success, has proved that it is only a short step from complete independence . Just a matter of confidence to not only ask for it ,but actually do it.
If the will for independence  is  Truly and there ,then Boris, Starmer , must not think they can pretend otherwise.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 26, 2021, 12:19:40 PM
Expecting Boris Spaffwaffle to respect any democratic mandate the Scots give to a second referendum is a tough ask. He respects democracy  only when it suits him to.

I suspect the Scots will have to hold a referendum in defiance of Westminster in the end - whatever the legalities - unless the threat of that forces Spaffwaffle to concede.

I suspect that Boris does not want to concede a referendum until he has to and Wee Krankie does not want one until she is sure of winning. Neither situation currently prevails 
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: News on January 26, 2021, 01:17:37 AM
Sturgeon to seek 'legal referendum' on Scottish independence

Nicola Sturgeon has accused Boris Johnson of being "frightened of democracy" and said she will seek a "legal referendum" on Scottish independence.

Source: Sturgeon to seek 'legal referendum' on Scottish independence
Expecting Boris Spaffwaffle to respect any democratic mandate the Scots give to a second referendum is a tough ask. He respects democracy  only when it suits him to.

I suspect the Scots will have to hold a referendum in defiance of Westminster in the end - whatever the legalities - unless the threat of that forces Spaffwaffle to concede.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

GBNews

Sturgeon to seek 'legal referendum' on Scottish independence

Nicola Sturgeon has accused Boris Johnson of being "frightened of democracy" and said she will seek a "legal referendum" on Scottish independence.

Source: Sturgeon to seek 'legal referendum' on Scottish independence