Black Lives Matter movement nominated for Nobel peace prize

Started by Borchester, January 29, 2021, 11:57:39 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on February 01, 2021, 08:28:39 AM
That is the usual risible nonsense.

I have met Dawn Butler at a party meeting, and yes she is concerned about racism, being herself frequently on the receiving end of it. But she is in politics to champion the entire working class and economically disadvantaged, regardless of colour. So you are speaking out of the wrong orifice as usual where she is concerned.

Dawn butler is concerned about racism?

Dawn butler is a race baiter.

Is this the nice warm cuddly champion of the working class that was caught out last year telling porkies about the nasty racist police?

Dawn Butler's dodgy racism story

There's no evidence whatsoever that the police were racist towards Butler.

Dawn Butler is famous for her bullshit. She once claimed that 90 per cent of giraffes are gay. She has insisted that babies are born without a biological sex. She claimed she was endorsed by Barack Obama – it later transpired that the 'Obama endorsement' letter was in fact written by her own aides. She boasted about having reduced by 3,000 the number of rough sleepers in her constituency of Brent in London. Which would be truly mind-blowing considering there are only around 5,000 rough sleepers in the whole of the UK. Did Brent really have two-thirds of Britain's rough sleepers before Ms Butler came along?

There's no evidence whatsoever that the police were racist towards Butler.

Dawn Butler is famous for her bullshit. She once claimed that 90 per cent of giraffes are gay. She has insisted that babies are born without a biological sex. She claimed she was endorsed by Barack Obama – it later transpired that the 'Obama endorsement' letter was in fact written by her own aides. She boasted about having reduced by 3,000 the number of rough sleepers in her constituency of Brent in London. Which would be truly mind-blowing considering there are only around 5,000 rough sleepers in the whole of the UK. Did Brent really have two-thirds of Britain's rough sleepers before Ms Butler came along?

So it isn't surprising that people were sceptical when Butler claimed to have been a victim of police racism when the car she was in was stopped by cops in Hackney yesterday. She whetted the appetite of her Twitter followers with an all-caps declaration: 'I JUST GOT STOPPED BY THE POLICE DRIVING THROUGH HACKNEY... MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW...@metpoliceuk.' Then she said, 'I recorded the whole incident'. It was like a trailer for a reality-TV show. Tune in and watch the racist filth harass a black member of parliament. People couldn't wait.

Only, the final reel, the heavily edited video eventually released by Butler and played across the media, turned out to be a whole lot of nothing, a major nontroversy. There are no expressions of racism. The police officers are painfully polite, especially the young white man who does much of the talking to Butler.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/10/dawn-butlers-dodgy-racism-story/

Dawn butler is a bullshitter of the highest order , and more to the point , she isnt very good at it , being an example of the extremely low calibre labour mps inhabiting the commons.

Another london centric muppet who has zero zilch nada in common with the working class north of the watford gap she claims to be in solidarity with.

Is this the same working class( no laughing please) icon who claimed £66 000 of expenses causing much controvery and fury a number of years back and ended up having to quit?

QuoteWill £66,000 expenses claim sink Labour MP Dawn Butler?

https://www.markpack.org.uk/8965/will-66000-expenses-claim-sink-dawn-butler/

Exactly the type of london centric labour mp who turns the stomach of ordinary joe outside the south east.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-selects-exmp-who-quit-amid-expenses-scandal-to-fight-for-brent-central-8993059.html

Dawn whirlpool bath butler , hero of the working class. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2021, 10:23:50 PM
It would be nice if you could Steve, but at some stage you will be faced with the tragic realisation that the real object of the largely white middleclass members of the BLM movement are the white working class that the Labour party of Corbyn, Lammy, Butler and Abbott have never had much interest in at the best of times.
That is the usual risible nonsense.

I have met Dawn Butler at a party meeting, and yes she is concerned about racism, being herself frequently on the receiving end of it. But she is in politics to champion the entire working class and economically disadvantaged, regardless of colour. So you are speaking out of the wrong orifice as usual where she is concerned.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 01, 2021, 04:10:02 AM
(did you honour our wager btw)

No I forgot. And you did say the wager was off if I recall. But name your charity and I will pay it (£20 wasn't it?) om Friday when I get paid.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 31, 2021, 06:05:27 PM
Rarely have I felt such a lack of the necessary massive laughter icon at such utter tripe. You start off within the realms of sanity by criticising BLM  - however groan festingly predictable - but end up cheerleading one of the biggest misogynistic and racist and utterly dishonest and delusional narcissistic scumbags to ever have been president in a laughable little tirade, thanked by the usual suspects of course.
Well he may have been many or all of those things but he was elected fair and square much to the dismay of many who thought it shouldnt be allowed and complained long and hard for his full term.
It wasn't all bad though was it? He didn't press the nuke button did he or start the predicted wars (did you honour our wager btw)
Yes it did end badly and the scenes at the Capitol were a disgrace and there was a marked difference in how the protestors were treated there and previously the blm protests.

Biden won far and square as did trump within the confines of their system,a collective sigh of relief was seen across the western world but for all their veneer of being respectable govts,politicians and people they are as culpable for Trumpism with their dereliction of duty to poor whites and the fact blacks still all too often find themselves with the shitty end of the stick and why blm came in to being.

The veneer of respectability that inhabits much of the western world  is as thin as that of civilisation and if the loonies ever take control who'll be blamed and pay the price?
Answers on a postcard.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 31, 2021, 06:07:32 PM
This will of course get all the usual suspect right wing nutjobs around here frothing at the mouth and thanking each other for it, lol.

I might just sit back and enjoy the show.  ;D

It would be nice if you could Steve, but at some stage you will be faced with the tragic realisation that the real object of the largely white middleclass members of the BLM movement are the white working class that the Labour party of Corbyn, Lammy, Butler and Abbott have never had much interest in at the best of times.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 29, 2021, 11:57:39 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/29/black-lives-matter-nobel-peace-prize-petter-eide-norweigan-mp 
This will of course get all the usual suspect right wing nutjobs around here frothing at the mouth and thanking each other for it, lol.

I might just sit back and enjoy the show.  ;D

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
If it wasn't so ridiculous and dire it might be funny. A Marxist violent backlash morphing into a political party could be rewarded for smashing up streets and causing criminal damage to monuments.

Now, Trump, dare I mention his name did more for peace in the Middle East than Obama ever did. In fact Obama encouraged mayhem across North Africa in the so called Arab Spring which could not have gone more awry. But Obama got his peace prize for being a black republican president within weeks of taking office.

Trump, unfortunately has this unwritten law against him which says he should never have any of his achievements congratulated, let alone awarded a prize.
Trump must be hated, Marxists may be congratulated.

The world is certainly an upside down place just now.
Rarely have I felt such a lack of the necessary massive laughter icon at such utter tripe. You start off within the realms of sanity by criticising BLM  - however groan festingly predictable - but end up cheerleading one of the biggest misogynistic and racist and utterly dishonest and delusional narcissistic scumbags to ever have been president in a laughable little tirade, thanked by the usual suspects of course.

Streetwalker

There have been some controversial awards in the past of this 'peace' prize but really it lost all credibility when it was awarded to the EU in 2012  . They can award it to who they like ,that it doesn't matter is maybe apt .

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
If it wasn't so ridiculous and dire it might be funny. A Marxist violent backlash morphing into a political party could be rewarded for smashing up streets and causing criminal damage to monuments.

Now, Trump, dare I mention his name did more for peace in the Middle East than Obama ever did. In fact Obama encouraged mayhem across North Africa in the so called Arab Spring which could not have gone more awry. But Obama got his peace prize for being a black republican president within weeks of taking office.

Trump, unfortunately has this unwritten law against him which says he should never have any of his achievements congratulated, let alone awarded a prize.

You mean there is a total disconnect from reality, shut it out and refuse any links with it.I am not so sure Trumpy meant to create peace and friendship in the Middle East, he set out with Israel to create mayhem using Iran as the bait, instead it had Israel ending up looking to create new friends. Because the Embassy move found no friends at the UN, the US just couldn't pull enough strings.
As for BLM getting a peace prize, some of those US riots didn't look very peaceful. maybe they are thinking it will calm things down. Who knows if it goes bottom up, just create and blame a far right? out of thin air maybe.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

† The end is nigh †