Reasons to feel cheerful part one

Started by Sheepy, January 30, 2021, 12:16:51 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Feck orf Sheepbrain, how did you know and we didn't?
https://us.yahoo.com/news/china-leads-world-state-backed-093016017.html
After all you don't have a multi-billion-dollar budget, or the greatest brains in the land working for you. Maybe not but maybe the mighty Dollar don't buy you everything and can't necessarily produce intelligence.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Sheepy

Sheepy

Of course, central bankers care about the poor and them being manipulated by money.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-price-15-march-india-ban-094151343.html
Do they feck, if it ain't them doing the manipulating and keeping them poor look out coin heads.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Sheepy

What is this all about sheepbrain, we need in, we are breaking you down bit by bit my Empirical building chums. Maybe goodold knows.

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/bitcoin-on-track-for-worst-week-in-a-year-live-updates/ar-BB1e2gzI?ocid=msedgntp
But then, prices are back where they were at the start of the Chinese new year, so I guess it isn't so bad for them.

Sheepy

Sheepy

I really have no idea how bitcoin works. What I do know is it is used by criminals and scammers on the Internet, hackers and the like.
Why would anyone want to be involved in that, apart from greed?
There are actually some really worthwhile projects involved with it all, but you cannot say which or they will come under attack.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on February 16, 2021, 02:07:47 PM
I really have no idea how bitcoin works. What I do know is it is used by criminals and scammers on the Internet, hackers and the like.

Most financial transactions in involve an element of greed.

Bitcoin is a solider currency than most in that governments can't print more to cover shortfalls and buy votes.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on February 16, 2021, 02:07:47 PM

When I was sitting in France and Belgium earning French and Belgian Francs, a bunch of bankers ripped me off the best part of one franc in five to turn my Francs into English pounds in an English bank.

Nine years earlier, the Italians to whom I handed a signed cheque drawn on my Welsh bank in sterling, without any guarantee cards, was deposited by the Mafia into a branch in Dover  and debited from my account for 50p.

Under the Maastricht Treaty I was allowed to own a bank account in any EU country. The fact this fucked over the bankers ability to screw me for a commission was the prime reason Gordon Brown brought in "money laundering" requirements that stripped that right from the private citizen. Shameful.

Contrary to popular opinion bitcoin is not anonymous, it to just ha d to trace. It is, however, not controlled by a bank. Banks and bankers hate not being in control.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>