Main Menu

Sneaking up on the rails.

Started by Nick, February 03, 2021, 11:04:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 06, 2021, 09:00:11 AM
The granny shagger is all talk B-4 , he would run and hide behind  Merkel at the first sign of a one man  pilchard boat out of Weymouth
I guess it is all about being a somebody, but then what has he ever done that could make him a somebody, not a lot in the bigger scheme of things.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: B-4 on February 06, 2021, 12:36:00 AM
Anything to stop that whining and aggressive war-like mongering from Vichy France Macron.

The granny shagger is all talk B-4 , he would run and hide behind  Merkel at the first sign of a one man  pilchard boat out of Weymouth

B-4

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2021, 11:08:27 PM
I'm still going with my horse Le Pen. Think the French are going to break from the norm and escape.
Anything to stop that whining and aggressive war-like mongering from Vichy France Macron.

Baff

I'm going with Sweden or Denmark.
They hate the EU culturally, they aren't in the Euro.
They are net contributors.

And with the UK gone, they have no allies of significance in the EU to make sure policy doesn't screw them further.

They have both made overt statements about re evaluating their position as EU members in the light of Brexit.
And as they describe it, the UK has done all the heavy lifting for them.

Nick

I'm still going with my horse Le Pen. Think the French are going to break from the norm and escape.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 04, 2021, 08:43:55 AM
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/european-politics/next-country-to-leave-eu

Im thinking along the lines that the former soviet bloc countries will see the signs of where the EU is heading and it will be one of those who quit next . Poland recently (along with Hungary ) blocked the latest EU budget because it linked EU funding with its rule of law  . ''Germany can't lecture us about the rule of law ,they havent paid one euro  for their previous lessons of rule of law in Poland '' (PiS MEP Patryk Jaki )

The right wing coalition is increasingly painting the EU as the enemy, building momentum  as happened in the UK  for a referendum and a leave vote . Anti EU voices are increasing within government (and its state fed press)  with talk of a loose grouping of nation states is what we joined not a liberal federalist project (sounds familiar )

I'll take Poland @ 14/1 on Paddypower

Dunno.

The Poles may moan and groan but they have their hands pretty deep in the EU's pockets, so I can't see them leaving anytime soon.

On the other hand, 14 to 1 you say? Worth a punt.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/european-politics/next-country-to-leave-eu

Im thinking along the lines that the former soviet bloc countries will see the signs of where the EU is heading and it will be one of those who quit next . Poland recently (along with Hungary ) blocked the latest EU budget because it linked EU funding with its rule of law  . ''Germany cant lecture us about the rule of law ,they havent paid one euro  for their previous lessons of rule of law in Poland '' (PiS MEP Patryk Jaki )

The right wing coalition is increasingly painting the EU as the enemy, building momentum  as happened in the UK  for a referendum and a leave vote . Anti EU voices are increasing within government (and its state fed press)  with talk of a loose grouping of nation states is what we joined not a liberal federalist project (sounds familiar )

I'll take Poland @ 14/1 on Paddypower

Nick

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1384086/brexit-news-denmark-eu-tension-danish-british-solution-spt/amp?int_source=traffic.outbrain&int_medium=traffic.outbrain&int_term=traffic.outbrain&int_content=traffic.outbrain&int_campaign=traffic.outbrain

Looking like the Danish are fed up with the EU and may beat Ms Le Pen to the exit door. Le Pen is apparently ahead in the opinion polls at the moment but I'm sure Macron will fiddle the vote given half the chance. Italy I'm sure would be next to leave but they up to their neck in debt and they all no they can't go it alone at the moment. The Netherlands on the other hand are in no such situation and are touted at being quite keen on the idea.

Place your bets folk.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.